ZMF Aeolus Impressions thread
Aug 20, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #5,866 of 6,734
But just thinking about the Aeolus, with OG pads, on tubes... *drool*
To be honest, I’m loving the sound of the Aeolus on the Ampsandsound Forge so much, it’s gonna take some serious convincing to get me to add an Auteur Classic to my lineup. I guess that’s what CanJam are for!

Aug 20, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #5,867 of 6,734
To be honest, I’m loving the sound of the Aeolus on the Ampsandsound Forge so much, it’s gonna take some serious convincing to get me to add an Auteur Classic to my lineup. I guess that’s what CanJam are for!
‘Serious convincing’?….😤, your ears will take care of that - no problem! 👂👂🤣🤣.

Aug 20, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #5,868 of 6,734
Yeah, I would be perfectly happy with just the Aeolus on tubes. But for now I'm equally happy with my Auteur, Aeolus and Arya. Hopefully soon on tubes!

Aug 24, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #5,870 of 6,734
Which tube amp are you guys using with aeolus or arya ??
Thanks

Depends on budget. You might want to check out the "search" bar at top of the page - helpful to efficiently pull info out of the thread.

Many ZMF/Aeolus users greatly enjoy the BHC pairing --> I believe there is one listed in classified w/ speedball

Aug 24, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #5,872 of 6,734
Aug 24, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #5,873 of 6,734
Aug 24, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #5,874 of 6,734
Thanks
I listen to all my ZMFs including the Aeolus on a Bottlehead Mainline, Bottlehead Crack with Speedball, Woo Audio WA6, and occasionally Schiit Valhalla.

As David222 mentioned above the Bottlehead Crack with Speedball is an excellent match with the Aeolus. IMHO its hard to beat from a price to performance ratio. If you are interested in a tube amp for your Aeolus I highly recommend checking out the one currently for sale in the classified section. There is also a Woo WA3 currently for sale in the classified section that from all accounts is a great match for ZMFs.

Aug 24, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #5,875 of 6,734
Thanks
Ampsandsound Forge with both, my dude!

Bottlehead Crack with the Aeolus before that, it’s a match made in Heaven as others have said. Not so much with the Arya though.

Aug 24, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #5,876 of 6,734
Thanks
I'll be using the Audio Valve RKV HAA edition: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/audio-valve-rkv-haa-edition.24852/

The Audio Valve will drive my Arya V2, Aeolus and Auteur Classic. Having said that, I think you might want to do some research on the Arya on tubes. With ZMF it's known that they thrive on tubes. If my memory serves me correctly, the same is not always the case for the Arya V2. Don't know much about the Stealth on tubes. But maybe that's something to discuss in the Arya thread.

Aug 24, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #5,877 of 6,734
Thanks
Don't have the Aeolus currently but have the other ZMFs and the Arya and the Pendant SE. With the 8ohm output the Arya is fantastic and definitely prefer it to my SS Ragnarok 2. They come up in the classifieds regularly, though no longer available new.

Aug 24, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #5,878 of 6,734
Thanks
For Aeolus, Schiit Folkvangr (OTL) and Eddie Current Studio B (OPT)

Aug 25, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #5,880 of 6,734
So I'm pretty close to that line up, having an aelous, auteur classic, and ampandsound bigger ben. I would say absolutely 100% add the auteur classic. For me, they're different headphones for different things. The A.C. is my main headphone, and gets most of the true listening. The aeolus is perfect for times when I either don't need or don't want the music to demand my attention and I need to be mellow and relaxed. Now, don't get the impression that the A.C. is some forward, narrow unit, like a focal elex, which REALLY draw the ear; they're just MORE attentive than the aelous. You've got two completely different types of drivers and variance in tuning. I've got eikon suede on my A.C. and universe lambskin on my aeolus, which adds to the differences.

Both are excellent, excellent headphones with the A&S gear. The only reason I can think of not to get an auteur classic (if funds allow) is because you're getting an atrium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back