ZMF Aeolus Impressions thread
Jan 22, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #3,601 of 6,754
A scratch on a pad wouldn't make anything b-stock and I can only assume that happened after it left ZMF. If I had that on one of mine I'd use a black sharpie and never think of it again. Personally, I'd have zero qualms about buying that one, especially if it's cheaper and means no wait. The imprint on the leather is odd, but the suede versions of it don't even have an imprint so it's not like one is sacrificing anything with it being like that.
It probably won't be any cheaper and they were expecting the stock ones to arrive soon (perhaps even this week). So the wait should be ok... if it were cheaper then it would indeed be different!

Also, the scratch may have happened after assembly but then it must have been during shipping. I was there when they opened the boxes that were delivered earlier that day, and it was there right away.

Nevertheless, as you said, it is just something small. But if I don't have to wait that long then I might just wait a bit to indulge my OCD a bit :).

Jan 23, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #3,605 of 6,754
Oh and it sounds great from a portable too! My AK240 is getting some quality time again :).

Attachments

• 20210123_152351.jpg
    20210123_152351.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Jan 23, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #3,607 of 6,754
Nice :wink:

But if you want to unlock the true potential of the Aeolus, you need at least a good amp like the Liquid Platinum.
So I have read... unfortunately those are not easy to get in Europe. Ordering overseas is always possible but this would be a nightmare with warranty issues. I am lucky to have a local dealer nearby that is an official ZMF reseller... Otherwise it would have been the same situation (granted that I have less doubt ordering headphones like that, but amps could be more tricky with channel imbalance or whatnot).

I guess the easiest tubes to buy in Europe would be from an official EU Shiit reseller...

Jan 23, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #3,608 of 6,754
So I have read... unfortunately those are not easy to get in Europe. Ordering overseas is always possible but this would be a nightmare with warranty issues. I am lucky to have a local dealer nearby that is an official ZMF reseller... Otherwise it would have been the same situation (granted that I have less doubt ordering headphones like that, but amps could be more tricky with channel imbalance or whatnot).

I guess the easiest tubes to buy in Europe would be from an official EU Shiit reseller...

Yeah I imagine. Since you are in Europe, the best option for you is probably to go with the SW51+. (The guy is in Russia)

Jan 23, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #3,609 of 6,754

Feliks Audio got dealers across EU, Switzerland included. http://feliksaudio.pl/en/dealers.php

Schiit EU reseller is weird, they got very little in stock and no estimations on delivery times.

Jan 23, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #3,610 of 6,754
Feliks Audio got dealers across EU, Switzerland included. http://feliksaudio.pl/en/dealers.php

Schiit EU reseller is weird, they got very little in stock and no estimations on delivery times.
Nice, will check it out. I also know there is a Cayinn reseller in CH, that might also be an option at some point.
I am mostly using the Ifi Zen stack that I have and this sounds pretty good already. I also have an older Asgard 2, but I am not using it anymore (the Zen Can also has a lot more power).

Jan 23, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #3,611 of 6,754
I love my Aeolus on tubes with the Feliks Audio Euforia AE. But for sure it's not cheap and you will spend even more on some nice NOS tubes that will adjust your amp to your preferred sound signature 😵

PXL_20210117_133450026.MP.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #3,612 of 6,754
I love my Aeolus on tubes with the Feliks Audio Euforia AE. But for sure it's not cheap and you will spend even more on some nice NOS tubes that will adjust your amp to your preferred sound signature 😵
That looks amazing. I am new to tubes... but Feliks Audio seems quite interesting.
I would probably look at the Elise instead of the Euforia given the pricing... but interesting nonetheless!

Anyone here tried the Elise with the Aeolus? :)

Edit: I saw there is a livestream from Marcello Rostagni on YT comparing the Elise with Pendant and more (awesome stuff!). This should actually answer my questions fairly elaborated!

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #3,613 of 6,754
Finally joining the Aeolus club! Got these from ZMF November and they just arrived this morning. Indian almond wood cups (one of one) and leopard wood stand. What works of art!

Burning them in with the stock Aeolus pads now, but really looking forward to trying out the perf suede universe soon. They already sound amazing on both my Gilmore Lite mk2 and WA6-SE. Ugh, so in love!

IMG_4063.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #3,614 of 6,754
Finally joining the Aeolus club! Got these from ZMF November and they just arrived this morning. Indian almond wood cups (one of one) and leopard wood stand. What works of art!

Burning them in with the stock Aeolus pads now, but really looking forward to trying out the perf suede universe soon. They already sound amazing on both my Gilmore Lite mk2 and WA6-SE. Ugh, so in love!

IMG_4063.jpeg

Indian almond! Leopardwood Salire!

It's a festival of wood there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back