ZMF Aeolus Impressions thread
Jan 20, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #3,588 of 6,757
I wholeheartedly concur...When I'm listening to that combo (Bifrost 2 Unison) I never think about putting on any other headphones.

I'm starting to think that I probably made a mistake by going with 3 different amps (LP, Jot 2 and SW51+) instead of going straight with the Pendant.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #3,591 of 6,757
I'm starting to think that I probably made a mistake by going with 3 different amps (LP, Jot 2 and SW51+) instead of going straight with the Pendant.

One can never have enough amps. I have 6. It was 7 last week. I'm always scheming to get another one.

So IMHO, keep the 3 you have and add the Pendant!

Jan 20, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #3,592 of 6,757
Something tells me you're going to be happy with those 3. Wait until they come in.

Or do what @Pharmaboy suggests. That's good too.

Jan 21, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #3,593 of 6,757
Something tells me you're going to be happy with those 3. Wait until they come in.

Or do what @Pharmaboy suggests. That's good too.
I do agree, a great set of amps there. Personally I just lean towards simplicity in my setup (porobably so I don't fall down the rabbit hole chasing "the next great amp" or whatever) but you have a lot of good options there...I'm dying to hear the Jot2 myself (I'll have an opportunity soon)

Jan 22, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #3,595 of 6,757
Hello everyone,

I wanted to chime in and say that I am happy to become an Aeolus owner as well!
Having been out of the game for some time (bought an AK240 and JH audio CIEMs and called it back in 2015), I wanted to upgrade my desktop audio for my home-office setup. After reading a lot about ZMF, the quality, the sound, and the warranty - I was sold.

I am lucky enough to have a great dealer nearby here in Switzerland that just got the demo in.
Even with the lockdown I had the option to demo the set and decide afterwards (which is great!).
I will be picking one up once their normal stock arrives, and from what I heard so far I am loving the sound.

They also offered me to buy this set, but somehow I cannot get over the small imperfections that this one has (only looks, the sound is great).
The "AE" seems to be smudged into something else, and the left pad already had a weird mark on it when it came new out of the box in the store (see pictures, can this be a B-stock model?). I hope this will not be an issue with the new ones that they receive...

Anyway, I love the sound and can't wait for my complete order to arrive (upgraded 4-wire copper cable, ZMF stand, etc.).

Attachments

• 20210122_154327.jpg
    20210122_154327.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210122_154247.jpg
    20210122_154247.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210122_154214.jpg
    20210122_154214.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210122_154127.jpg
    20210122_154127.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #3,596 of 6,757
I had a demo unit from the German zmf dealer. It was not perfect also. The grill was not perfectly fitted. I think it was a b-stock unit they use as a demo unit. It was an older model like yours. New Aeolus are shipped with a different kind of stock pads with tighter stitching. Those on your demo unit are universe pads, not the new Aeolus pads.

My new aeolus was perfect no flaws at all. Zmf has a strict quality control for every set they make. So don't worry, enjoy waiting for your personal master piece😊👍

Jan 22, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #3,597 of 6,757
I had a demo unit from the German zmf dealer. It was not perfect also. The grill was not perfectly fitted. I think it was a b-stock unit they use as a demo unit. It was an older model like yours. New Aeolus are shipped with a different kind of stock pads with tighter stitching. Those on your demo unit are universe pads, not the new Aeolus pads.

My new aeolus was perfect no flaws at all. Zmf has a strict quality control for every set they make. So don't worry, enjoy waiting for your personal master piece😊👍
Interesting! Good to know :).
When I asked in the store one of the employees mentioned not to be aware of it being B-stock (granted he was not the one that ordered them from ZMF).

Anyway, still enjoying the loaner in the meantime! It has the OFC cable and the original (the left channel did not work on the original cable so I'm only using the OFC atm). It sounds good, but I cannot compare it to the original cable's sound. The OFC is very sturdy but I think that I might enjoy the flexibility of the Lektrik C more :) (and I guess it looks amazing).

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #3,598 of 6,757
Interesting! Good to know :).
When I asked in the store one of the employees mentioned not to be aware of it being B-stock (granted he was not the one that ordered them from ZMF).

Anyway, still enjoying the loaner in the meantime! It has the OFC cable and the original (the left channel did not work on the original cable so I'm only using the OFC atm). It sounds good, but I cannot compare it to the original cable's sound. The OFC is very sturdy but I think that I might enjoy the flexibility of the Lektrik C more :) (and I guess it looks amazing).

Welcome to the club :wink:

You should also order the Universe suede perforated pads.

Jan 22, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #3,599 of 6,757
A scratch on a pad wouldn't make anything b-stock and I can only assume that happened after it left ZMF. If I had that on one of mine I'd use a black sharpie and never think of it again. Personally, I'd have zero qualms about buying that one, especially if it's cheaper and means no wait. The imprint on the leather is odd, but the suede versions of it don't even have an imprint so it's not like one is sacrificing anything with it being like that.

Jan 22, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #3,600 of 6,757
Welcome to the club :wink:

You should also order the Universe suede perforated pads.
I did! Did my homework by reading this whole thread :).

Ordered the Aeolus, 4-wire copper cable, perf suede pads, and katalox stand (as it won't properly fit my ROOMs due to the fold in the headband. I guess that I will use the ROOMs for my Argons... :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back