ZiShan U1 HiFi USB DAC+AMP Thread

Would you buy the ZiShan U1?

• Total voters
Sep 22, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #122 of 196
My U1 arrived today.

Using it on (1) Sony NW-A105 w/ Android 9, and (2) Sony Xperia 10 w/ Android 10. Both are working, with caveats.

On the A105, I've only tried the stock music app. As with a xDuoo XP2-Pro, the app asks to access the Zishan. Once I click OK, all audio is routed through the Zishan and so far works as expected.

On the Xperia 10, I initially tried my usual music app Pulsar. Audio was routed through the Zishan, but it seemed like the Zishan was toggle between modes or something -- could hear a relay inside the device clicking, and with the clicks the audio would cut in and out. After having success with the Walkman, I used the Sony Music Center app on Xperia. Like the Walkman's stock app, Music Center requests access to the Zishan, after which is plays as expected.

I haven't tried any other apps.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Sep 23, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #123 of 196
My U1 arrived today.

Using it on (1) Sony NW-A105 w/ Android 9, and (2) Sony Xperia 10 w/ Android 10. Both are working, with caveats.

On the A105, I've only tried the stock music app. As with a xDuoo XP2-Pro, the app asks to access the Zishan. Once I click OK, all audio is routed through the Zishan and so far works as expected.

On the Xperia 10, I initially tried my usual music app Pulsar. Audio was routed through the Zishan, but it seemed like the Zishan was toggle between modes or something -- could hear a relay inside the device clicking, and with the clicks the audio would cut in and out. After having success with the Walkman, I used the Sony Music Center app on Xperia. Like the Walkman's stock app, Music Center requests access to the Zishan, after which is plays as expected.

I haven't tried any other apps.

I do not know if the normal payers really use the full potential of the U1 as the sample rates maybe limited with the standard players. With a player like "USB Audio Player Pro" or "Hiby Music Player" you can make sure the data will be directly forwarded to the USB port.

Sep 23, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #124 of 196
I do not know if the normal payers really use the full potential of the U1 as the sample rates maybe limited with the standard players. With a player like "USB Audio Player Pro" or "Hiby Music Player" you can make sure the data will be directly forwarded to the USB port.
I'm more picky about user interfaces than sample rates 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #130 of 196
Then a simple 10 US$ DAC can do it for you.
IEMs, yes, headphones, ehhh. I’m just sharing my experience homie, not sure where this left-field projection of your values is coming from. If you’ve got a question I can answer by trying something out, I’m happy to try it out. I have access to A105, Xperia 10, Samsung S10e, and Pixel 4XL.

Oh, i see. About the SQ, do you prefer U1 or XP2?
No immediate preference, but I haven’t yet done any A-Bing. Things I like better about XP2: More compact USB-C jumper cable, has a physical power switch (U1 power is all auto, and sometimes bizarre), volume dial spins right-way-round, shape is a bit better for stacking (wider, slightly thinner, height about the same). XP2 also has Bluetooth but i don’t plan to use that much.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2020 at 5:14 AM Post #132 of 196
No immediate preference, but I haven’t yet done any A-Bing. Things I like better about XP2: More compact USB-C jumper cable, has a physical power switch (U1 power is all auto, and sometimes bizarre), volume dial spins right-way-round, shape is a bit better for stacking (wider, slightly thinner, height about the same). XP2 also has Bluetooth but i don’t plan to use that much.

Yes, XP2 looks good. But, here it priced 4 times the price of U1.

U1 works connected to Fiio M3 Pro via USB-C 😳 Stacks very nicely.

Nice, this is the kind of use case im interested. I want to use my shanlin M0 as transport for U1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back