• No

Votes: 20 27.4%
  • Way above the price range!

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Could be

Votes: 30 41.1%

• Total voters
Aug 28, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #241 of 652
Yes and yes. We’ll sort of. The screen froze and I sort of pressed harder at the very bottom of the screen and towards the middle. It made a crack, then all was lost. I guess if the screen has a crack in it, it’s inoperable.

No, I did not massage the screen after it broke...but then I did after I read your post.
I massged it massaged it massaged it...nothing. Then I just felt like a dork. Haha

To T1 or not to T1 that is the question?

Aug 28, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #242 of 652
Yes and yes. We’ll sort of. The screen froze and I sort of pressed harder at the very bottom of the screen and towards the middle. It made a crack, then all was lost. I guess if the screen has a crack in it, it’s inoperable.

No, I did not massage the screen after it broke...but then I did after I read your post.
I massged it massaged it massaged it...nothing. Then I just felt like a dork. Haha
My instructions were unclear, it was only to try the massage, if it wasn't physically broken. Sorry about that. :)

Aug 28, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #243 of 652
My instructions were unclear, it was only to try the massage, if it wasn't physically broken. Sorry about that. :)

If it’s physically broken it’s time for surgery- A chiropractor won’t help!

Contract the seller and ask if the makers will sell you a replacement screen or find out what touchscreen it is on AliExpress and buy it you can either do the repair yourself or have someone do it for you!

Don’t do it the Nigel way:

On a scale of 0-11 how physically broken is it?

If you are NOT flatlining it’s time to rip all the guts out of the noise shaping filters (high and low) increase the current with a stem amplifier to the DAC not designed for ultrasound precision medical devices so you can jump start the heart back to life again. Voila, it’s aaaalive.

That should do the trick!

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #244 of 652
If it’s physically broken it’s time for surgery- A chiropractor won’t help!

Contract the seller and ask if the makers will sell you a replacement screen or find out what touchscreen it is on AliExpress and buy it you can either do the repair yourself or have someone do it for you!

Don’t do it the Nigel way:

On a scale of 0-11 how physically broken is it?

If you are NOT flatlining it’s time to rip all the guts out of the noise shaping filters (high and low) increase the current with a stem amplifier to the DAC not designed for ultrasound precision medical devices so you can jump start the heart back to life again. Voila, it’s aaaalive.

That should do the trick!
Unfortunately the screen is connected to the back of the board by a hundred points

Aug 28, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #245 of 652
Unfortunately the screen is connected to the back of the board by a hundred points

Yea that’s tricky! The LCD connection are also pretty brittle. I’d still connect the seller they probably wouldn’t sell you a replacement since it’s encrypted firmware but you can ask if they would swipe the broken on for a brand new one if you paid a little something for it.

Show the pics too. Worse comes to worse sell it on eBay for “parts only”

Take pics of the of the boards disassembled and post them to the thread. Honestly you never know if someone can figure it out and coax you how to fix it and bring it back to life!

Ah, what a drag. Sorry man that’s sucks!

...forgot to mention there’s a company out in the valley called ifixit they mostly sell tool kits, have instructional videos on how to fix your smartphone but you can try and give them text/email with pics to see if they can help you out. Might be worth a shot!

Lastly, (sorry for my impulsive mind) but since it’s touchscreen you could attempt to put it on Stem developmental board with an LCD touchscreen and put the firmware sd card and install it on to it. Since all the commands are touchscreen it could work out better for you! The only issues you may have it connecting the DAC to it?? The stem open sourced could also have the potential to use other firmware (Volumio, comes to mind) provided it can recognize the T1 DAC???

https://www.ifixit.com/Store?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjbqFrL6m5AIVFrbICh2rnw2gEAAYASAAEgLq-_D_BwE

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #246 of 652
It looks like much more difficult than it actually is, to solder flex cable.
The trick is the flux type used, it doesn't let the solder to make bridges, because the excess sticks to the iron tip. After soldering the cable, I just kept removing the excess solder from the flex cable with the iron tip and cleaning the solder from the tip in the sponge.
I replaced my z3 oled for the first time and it went well.

I did it like this guy shows here, but I used a 3C (3mm diammeter) tip.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #247 of 652
The trick is the flux type used, it doesn't let the solder to make bridges, because the excess sticks to the iron tip. After soldering the cable, I just kept removing the excess solder from the flex cable with the iron tip and cleaning the solder from the tip in the sponge.

The good thing is that he’ll be able to “practice” removing the broken lcd stripe. But he’ll also need a camera that is 500x to get precision while doing the job. it should be a doable fix! Saw one for like 15 bucks on AliExpress!

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #248 of 652

Maybe...

Aug 28, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #249 of 652
The good thing is that he’ll be able to “practice” removing the broken lcd stripe. But he’ll also need a camera that is 500x to get precision while doing the job. it should be a doable fix! Saw one for like 15 bucks on AliExpress!
Can you point me in the right direction? I don’t know what I’m looking for as far as that screen goes.

Aug 29, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #250 of 652
Can you point me in the right direction? I don’t know what I’m looking for as far as that screen goes.

Sure. Take pics of the T1 both assembled and dissembled for the threads input. (The more minds the better). Next look for any markings serial numbers etc and do a search on AliExpress see what you come up with.

But first get in touch with the seller to see if they can get in touch with the Zishan makers maybe they will sell you one?? If not then ask them if they can provide you with the exact replacement part info.

Before doing any of the work once you have what you need then take some time before you begin the job i.e. see all the steps in your head and how you would approach it, study the parts and pin point what obstacles you may encounter during the process.

Ask a lot of question on the thread and provide lots of pics for the threads input.

(I lifted a pad from my Zishan dsd and the guys on Zishan Corner were really great in helping revive my player in particular “Merlin” he’s good at this stuff (probably the best on the Zishan threads) very careful and methodical. He help guide me with pin point step-by-step direction. Someone will step up and help you! Just have confidence in yourself, if you can replace caps you’re more then capable of fixing your T1!!!)

Aug 29, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #251 of 652
I never saw T1 screen, but in dsd and z3 the screen model is printed on it's back.
Read here to have an idea:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-zishan-dsds-corner.826185/page-162#post-15121341

If you decide to try to fix it, take a lot of photos like it was said, it will guide to put things back and with the resolution, focus and light, it's easy to see small details in a computer monitor, like the pcb tracks.
First thing to do is take a photo of the battery wires, to respect polarity, unsolder them, isolate the wires with some tape and remove the battery to work without that weight and not risking shortcircuits. If the batt is glued and you don't want to remove it, you could only unsolder and isolate the wires, but the batt can't take heat and the PCB can't bounce or move to solder the lcd later, you'll have to take this in consideration.
The lcd back is glued to the pcb, in z3 I was able to unglued it, but I don't know how it's in the other bigger models.
If you prefer PM me, maybe this is a bit out of the thread scope.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #252 of 652
I forwarded your problems and complaints... Here are what you need to do:

1. Contact seller (which is from where did you purchased your T1, i.e. AK Audio) and ask for new screen
2. Seller will contact Zishan for a new screen
3. Pay seller for the screen (approx. 30RMB + shipping cost)
4. Wait for the new screen to arrive

I hope this can help all of us. The screen itself is cheap. But when it comes to fixing it, well, I think it's better to buy a new T1. Sad, but true.

Well, if you need anything else to ask, feel free to contact me through PM or reply to this post. As always,

God bless.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #253 of 652
I forwarded your problems and complaints... Here are what you need to do:

1. Contact seller (which is from where did you purchased your T1, i.e. AK Audio) and ask for new screen
2. Seller will contact Zishan for a new screen
3. Pay seller for the screen (approx. 30RMB + shipping cost)
4. Wait for the new screen to arrive

I hope this can help all of us. The screen itself is cheap. But when it comes to fixing it, well, I think it's better to buy a new T1. Sad, but true.

Well, if you need anything else to ask, feel free to contact me through PM or reply to this post. As always,

God bless.

How much is 30 RMB in $? Also if he buys say any another T1 (like the ak4497eq for contrast; it’s on sale + coupon on AliExpress) and purchases the screen as well would they waive the shipping fee???

Can you also ask the Zishan makers what the model number of the lcd replacement to be purchased on AliExpress, Amazon, EBay, etc in case he does wanna do the repair himself since he already owns his unit and it’s already broken?? Aka “Do no harm”

(“Ice” with all due respect (and not to be rude) In defense of the User(s), it’s been well documented in reviews on AliExpress and elsewhere of the T1 that the touchscreen is not all that “touch sensitive” and really difficult to maneuver commands and navigate the firmware because of glitches with non responsiv-ity due to poor roll out of the T1 (1st gen) by the Zishan makers and at the very least they should be more accommodating to these concerns and issues. I myself would LOVE to buy a T1 but with these kind of mix reviews and poor customer service makes me not wanna buy one and I’m sure I’m not alone :frowning2: (just being honest) )

God Bless!

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #254 of 652
How much is 30 RMB in $? Also if he buys say any another T1 (like the ak4497eq for contrast; it’s on sale + coupon on AliExpress) and purchases the screen as well would they waive the shipping fee???

Can you also ask the Zishan makers what the model number of the lcd replacement to be purchased on AliExpress, Amazon, EBay, etc in case he does wanna do the repair himself since he already owns his unit and it’s already broken?? Aka “Do no harm”

(“Ice” with all due respect (and not to be rude) In defense of the User(s), it’s been well documented in reviews on AliExpress and elsewhere of the T1 that the touchscreen is not all that “touch sensitive” and really difficult to maneuver commands and navigate the firmware because of glitches with non responsiv-ity due to poor roll out of the T1 (1st gen) by the Zishan makers and at the very least they should be more accommodating to these concerns and issues. I myself would LOVE to buy a T1 but with these kind of mix reviews and poor customer service makes me not wanna buy one and I’m sure I’m not alone :frowning2: (just being honest) )

God Bless!
Hello!

30 RMB is equal to approx. USD $4. Prepare USD $5 just in case. About shipping fee, it'll depends on the seller, whether they can give you free shipping fee for that or not. Try to contact the seller kindly and make deal first. Hopefully you and the seller can make a good term.
I'll forward this section to my trusted source. Stay tuned for further reply.
Thanks for your honest feedback. Remember, ZiShan is reading what's happening here. Hopefully, they'll fix the screen issues and I believe they will in future updates. Anyway, is the screen really that bad? I haven't got my T1 yet, so can't tell. Once I got my T1, I'll do my best to review it!

Edit: Ok, so the screens on T1 are custom made. So it's hard to look for it somewhere else outside ZiShan themselves. And for the screen irresponsive problem, you can use pen instead of pressure from your fingers. Hopefully, this can avoid screen damage.

God bless

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #255 of 652
Hello!

30 RMB is equal to approx. USD $4. Prepare USD $5 just in case. About shipping fee, it'll depends on the seller, whether they can give you free shipping fee for that or not. Try to contact the seller kindly and make deal first. Hopefully you and the seller can make a good term.
I'll forward this section to my trusted source. Stay tuned for further reply.
Thanks for your honest feedback. Remember, ZiShan is reading what's happening here. Hopefully, they'll fix the screen issues and I believe they will in future updates. Anyway, is the screen really that bad? I haven't got my T1 yet, so can't tell. Once I got my T1, I'll do my best to review it!

God bless

4 or 5 bucks is not bad at all!

Thanks for the quick reply and keen interest in the Users’ experience, Ice Man!

You rock!

Went ahead and purchased the T1! I have a few more questions if you don’t mind asking the Zishan team which is how I can fit a single to dual op amp adapter into the T1 because I’m interesting in putting a specific op amp that only comes in single channel for the lpf specifically designed for sound filtering precision instrumentation!

Also is there a battery in terms of mah that can fit inside the T1? I have seen a 4000 mah 3.7v with similar dimensions of the T1 that would provide more current output to the T1. The more current the better provided it doesn’t create a little of battery ripple noise! I’ve tested higher mahs battery in the Zishan Dsd and they do not in fact, they run much cooler too!)

I am planning on modifying my T1 with LDOs that have high PSRRs with low quiescent current to improve battery life and noise reduction even further in the signal. Since I play high res files they often require more intensive cpu power and playback really limits the battery life per listening usage.

Updated: Oh, forgot to ask this and I know that someone else had asked why the Zishan team still uses the 10 ohms in their Zout measurements is it because it meets the majority of earphones/headphones tested sound good in the Chinese market. However, what would be acceptable measurements for modification to power IEMS? There’s a lot of debate/discussion about this in the Zishan threads and nobody seems to know the best figures in what is an acceptable amount of resistance relative to the DAC powering iems headphones with such a lower powered dap. Also, where would they occur (ie lpf, hpf, balanced out, 3.5mm or of the above??) Would really like it if you ask them to test and recommend resistance figures (as in a traditional data sheet) to give to the Zishan User community who opt to use iems of 16-32 Ohms. Thanks.

God bless!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back