ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread
Jun 15, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #901 of 1,497
  Ok all QA issues aside, OOTB I have to say that these puppies sound pretty amazing, the sound actually seems to be coming from outside my head in all directions.  I think this is due to them being open.  If i cover the holes the 3D effect disappears.

That's pretty cool. I hope it doesn't leak too much sound in quiet environment such as the library.

Hopefully all the issues will be improved upon soon or else a lot may think not to risk it and then what happens after will not be good...I've dealt with numerous terrible QC issues with Hifiman and I know I'll never be using one of Hifiman's headphones ever again.

Jun 15, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #902 of 1,497
  Yeah that's not good. lol @ "unlocked".

Nice to see the internals somewhat though. 

After more time with these, are you getting any ear canal pain from those bigger nozzles ?

Jun 15, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #903 of 1,497
Ok all QA issues aside, OOTB I have to say that these puppies sound pretty amazing, the sound actually seems to be coming from outside my head in all directions.  I think this is due to them being open.  If i cover the holes the 3D effect disappears.

How do they compare to D2?

Jun 16, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #904 of 1,497
How do they compare to D2?

Honestly I keep switching back and forth trying to compare the two and all I can say is that there is a massive difference between burned in D2 (green filter) and OOTB QT5. Way more than differences between DQSM1, LZ-A3, TK13.   Its very difficult for me too describe in words and it depends on the song I am listening to.  Compared to the D2 the QT5 sound is just massively ginormous.  When I switch from listening to the QT5 for a while to the D2 I notice a lack of massive immersive 3D soundstage and bass but an increase in precision at the lower end.  When I go from D2 to QT5 I immediately notice the massiveness and a lot more bass, some of which seems loose or not very precise and often a bit too much at first. Although I like it, like it a lot after a few minutes.  Basically each time I switch,  I initially like the one that I switch over too less.  I think if the bass improves with burn in like others have experienced I will end up with the QT5 getting more ear time but will still use the D2 a lot for certain genres and especially when I need Isolation (its waaaaaay better in this respect.)

Jun 16, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #905 of 1,497
  Honestly I keep switching back and forth trying to compare the two and all I can say is that there is a massive difference between burned in D2 (green filter) and OOTB QT5. Way more than differences between DQSM1, LZ-A3, TK13.   Its very difficult for me too describe in words and it depends on the song I am listening to.  Compared to the D2 the QT5 sound is just massively ginormous.  When I switch from listening to the QT5 for a while to the D2 I notice a lack of massive immersive 3D soundstage and bass but an increase in precision at the lower end.  When I go from D2 to QT5 I immediately notice the massiveness and a lot more bass, some of which seems loose or not very precise and often a bit too much at first. Although I like it, like it a lot after a few minutes.  Basically each time I switch,  I initially like the one that I switch over too less.  I think if the bass improves with burn in like others have experienced I will end up with the QT5 getting more ear time but will still use the D2 a lot for certain genres and especially when I need Isolation (its waaaaaay better in this respect.)

The bass will change and odds are that you will end up prefering QT5 from your description.

Jun 16, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #907 of 1,497
Sensei :). Paulus Xll has been right all the time :).

I think i have a slight problem with fit. I can't hear this immensive bass on the QT5. I don't have the D2, yet, but when compared to SW3 the bass on the SW3 is faster, tighter and goes deeper. I have mee double flange on the way i will try with these and see if there is any change. Note, i am not complaining. I was listening to Dire Strait - making movies - last night, the stage, seperating and vocals was on a higher level than SW3. Only the bass are lacking a bit.

Jun 16, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #908 of 1,497
Sensei
smily_headphones1.gif
. Paulus Xll has been right all the time
smily_headphones1.gif

I think i have a slight problem with fit. I can't hear this immensive bass on the QT5. I don't have the D2, yet, but when compared to SW3 the bass on the SW3 is faster, tighter and goes deeper. I have mee double flange on the way i will try with these and see if there is any change. Note, i am not complaining. I was listening to Dire Strait - making movies - last night, the stage, seperating and vocals was on a higher level than SW3. Only the bass are lacking a bit.

What source are you using ?  Im using rockboxed xduoo x3 with stock settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back