ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread
Jun 15, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #888 of 1,497
  actually such QC issue is really not acceptable...considering the volume they manufacture each month.. 

What are you talking about?  This is the first reported case of any QC issue.  If they only sold 100 this would be a 1% failure rate.  Be real here people this is completely acceptable.  **** happens within every industry.  No company has 0% failure rate.  The big question is how will they handle this situation.

Jun 15, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #889 of 1,497
They should reduce the weight and fine tune nozzle tube size.
1E34A7E5-E792-4244-9DE4-6E9431438765_zpsyepjmetb.png

Jun 15, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #890 of 1,497
  What are you talking about?  This is the first reported case of any QC issue.  If they only sold 100 this would be a 1% failure rate.  Be real here people this is completely acceptable.  **** happens within every industry.  No company has 0% failure rate.  The big question is how will they handle this situation.

If it was bought from Ali, I can tell you exactly how they will handle the situation. They will make you ship it back on your own dime (and try to get you to pay for Express mail since it can be reliably tracked) and wait two weeks for a replacement. They may reimburse you for the shipping once it's determined that it's defective though. 

-Collin-

Jun 15, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #891 of 1,497
Man, seeing those drivers split apart makes me consider the dqsm even more, but its a minor issue really. Can anyone comment on how comfortable these are with the cable hanging straight down? I take it the cable would be quite heavy. Also, anyone with small ears having any trouble getting a good fit?

Jun 15, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #892 of 1,497

each IEM is not mass produce and was order to build. When u handmade each IEM u should have less margin or error compare to mass produce.

And for the record, this is not the first reported QC issue...the sound quality or signature will have a little bit of variance and right now there are huge different among various QT5 owners. Is like buying a Sennheiser headphone for its sound signature only to realized you get a Beyerdynamic sound signature and to make matter worst..it is a hit and miss depending on your luck on which sound signature you will get.

Next is you need to differentiate between acceptable failure rate and obvious failure rate that is not acceptable. When you manufacture a car, if the wheel is out of alignment, that is acceptable failure rate..but when the car wheel just fall off, that is not an acceptable failure rate and should not have left the factory. 

To me there is no other way than to do a proper damage recovery by replacing all the faulty units out there without crazy shipping cost on the buyer expense and issue a statement on what actually has gone wrong.

How many IEM or headphone in your life that you have bought that can change it sound signature overnight from veil to bright? There are hundreds of IEM out there, name me one that exhibit this bizarre phenomenal incident.

Jun 15, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #893 of 1,497

How many IEM or headphone in your life that you have bought that can change it sound signature overnight from veil to bright? There are hundreds of IEM out there, name me one that exhibit this bizarre phenomenal incident.

Mines never changed anything with the exception of the "normal", somewhat expected subtle burn-in changes.

Jun 15, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #894 of 1,497

If it was bought from Jim at HCK, I can tell you exactly how they will handle the situation. They will make you ship it back on your own dime (and try to get you to pay for Express mail since it can be reliably tracked) and wait two weeks for a replacement. 

-Collin-

I understand his position with your situation.  You're not even sure there is a problem with your QT5.  This situation there is an obvious problem maybe he'll handle it differently.

Jun 15, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #895 of 1,497
I understand his position with your situation.  You're not even sure there is a problem with your QT5.  This situation there is an obvious problem maybe he'll handle it differently.

I think and hope you're right. This time we can skip the step of sending to bhazard lol :)

Jun 15, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #896 of 1,497
  each IEM is not mass produce and was order to build. When u handmade each IEM u should have less margin or error compare to mass produce.

And for the record, this is not the first reported QC issue...the sound quality or signature will have a little bit of variance and right now there are huge different among various QT5 owners. Is like buying a Sennheiser headphone for its sound signature only to realized you get a Beyerdynamic sound signature and to make matter worst..it is a hit and miss depending on your luck on which sound signature you will get.

Next is you need to differentiate between acceptable failure rate and obvious failure rate that is not acceptable. When you manufacture a car, if the wheel is out of alignment, that is acceptable failure rate..but when the car wheel just fall off, that is not an acceptable failure rate and should not have left the factory. 

To me there is no other way than to do a proper damage recovery by replacing all the faulty units out there without crazy shipping cost on the buyer expense and issue a statement on what actually has gone wrong.

How do you know there are huge differences in the sound without having several in hand to test?  We all hear things differently. 

Jun 15, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #897 of 1,497

Mines never changed anything with the exception of the "normal", somewhat expected subtle burn-in changes.

that is why i consider this as a QC issue,
  How do you know there are huge differences in the sound without having several in hand to test?  We all hear things differently. 

the argument is vice versa, how do you confirm there is no huge difference assuming everyone hearing is still normal and is not damage due any accident or due to old age?

Jun 15, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #898 of 1,497
  that is why i consider this as a QC issue,
the argument is vice versa, how do you confirm there is no huge difference assuming everyone hearing is still normal and is not damage due any accident or due to old age?

Because what one person perceives as bright another might not.  The same is true for warm sounding iem's and hp's.  The only true way to tell is to sample several pairs.

Jun 15, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #899 of 1,497
Ok all QA issues aside, OOTB I have to say that these puppies sound pretty amazing, the sound actually seems to be coming from outside my head in all directions.  I think this is due to them being open.  If i cover the holes the 3D effect disappears.

Jun 15, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #900 of 1,497
Ok all QA issues aside, OOTB I have to say that these puppies sound pretty amazing, the sound actually seems to be coming from outside my head in all directions.  I think this is due to them being open.  If i cover the holes the 3D effect disappears.
He's found the secret! For a truly open and air soundstage, ya gotta open up your iems! Looks like it was intentional on the other side prior to shipping :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back