Zhaolu announced D3!
Jun 26, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #64 of 89
How much would one of those PCI->Togo links cost? And I wonder, would they be macintosh compatible? I'd definetly consider getting one of these...

Jun 27, 2007 at 9:09 AM Post #66 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like they've turned it into a sort of a 'Hub' where you can plug in all of your sources, to compete with the Beresford TC-7510. Looks pretty cool though. I'm sure the TC-7510 Mk IV will be better though, and the customer service from Beresford is probably waaay better than Zhaolu's. This is all IMO of course.

Edit: The nuclear CS4398 digital-analog conversion heart device looks really cool though!

LOL; of course they're competing directly with YOUR device, of course....
rolleyes.gif

Jun 27, 2007 at 9:10 AM Post #67 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrjabba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
from what I have read, the SACD standard does not allow decoding by external DACs.

something about copy protection....

i thought glassman was going to whip up a program and save us all from this unspeakable evil. wha happend?
wink.gif

Jun 29, 2007 at 6:06 AM Post #70 of 89
Morning dew D3 recent news The morning dew D3 technology development describes 1. The morning dew D3 numeral audio frequency decoding acoustic fidelity and timbre morning dew D3 took the upscale product, at the beginning of the design on the determination certainly must guarantee the user can listen respectfully to the best acoustic fidelity, regarding the treble archery target design, the morning dew it may be said the light frame is ripe. Certainly, hit the variety as the morning dew new algebra character audio frequency decoding host, morning dew D3 has used more upscaleer technologies, rallied including the overall clock with the unified distribution, the high speed PCB technology, the discrete component power source, technology and so on low distortion low pass filter consummates the use. During guarantee signalling, decoding highly reliable, but also had guaranteed the user certain choice leeway, the morning dew D3 more perfect preliminary product modular concept, the similar support user promoted may replace the module, the command has DIY to need, and to have certainly begins the ability the user to say, may be more convenient, simple and reliable completes the product significant promotion operation. In the timbre selection, morning dew D3 uses the neutral route, the goal is can more reasonable match the inventory equipment for the user, simultaneously, regarding prepares to purchase the new after level equipment the user to say, neutral front end has also supported the user broader choice leeway. Certainly, the neutral line certainly is not the only choice, morning dew D3 also may the furnishing other timbres, but morning dew D3 supports the TG-LINK technology, the morning dew believed, the TG-LINK technology in the neutral timbre route direction, can display more splendid somewhat, for the entire machine style unification harmony, the morning dew D3 overall sound moves towards all completely closes up the neutral line. The neutral line certainly is not equal to the monitor, although morning dew D3 completely has the ability to manifest the monitor the superiority, but the morning dew believed, the monitor style adaption surface is not certainly widespread, makes the user to have the limitation in the equipment choice, in other words displays the entire monitoring system the superiority existence barrier. But slightly makes the sound which decorates, actually can let the user easier match the equipment and understand music itself exquisitely place. Morning dew D3 sound transparency very high, is extremely limpid, in order to increases the more musics information content in this foundation, morning dew D3 did in the circuit design and the primary device choice has compared formerly has the very greatly different revision, on the prototypical confirmation effect was obvious: Speaking of the above characteristic and the sound accuracy, morning dew D3 certainly does not lose to the overwhelming majority world name machine! But 遗憾.的.是, morning dew D3 because the cost limit and other some factors cause however, to the music explanation, atmosphere reappearing machine compares still remaining with in not the small disparity. But, the morning dew D3 performance looked that, morning dew D3 already was in this kind of product Chu curls upwards. 2. Morning dew D3 digital audio frequency decoding support TG-Link connection morning dew D3 in domestic first supports on the island valley science and technology limited company (to hereafter refer to as island valley company) the TG-Link connection, after this was the morning dew has carefully analyzed the morning dew D3 market localization and the TG-Link connection technology choice. The morning dew thought the TG-Link connection technology can the sufficient relatively inexpensive cost and the practical effective technology realizes PC HiFi, this and consolidated has the advantage regarding the family media center concept establishment, this conforms to the morning dew to the current PC audio frequency market view. When the initial morning dew and the island valley company contacts, the island valley company has demonstrated their TG-Link technology to the morning dew, and provided some documents, the process morning dew careful research, the morning dew had thought the TG-Link technology had following several characteristics: TG-Link may facilitate the equipment which is supports to provide the formidable function expansion, for example may seamless promotion wireless transmission function and so on, be advantageous to the user invests in turn, reduces the fund pressure; TG-Link is one kind face the PC HiFi connection technology, the morning dew confirmed its may accurately effectively transmit the numeral tonic train signalling, compares the traditional transmission plan to have the certain superiority, and can maintain the relative lower cost; The TG-Link system composition flexibility is very big, may choose the different TG-Link plan, thus the maintenance product cost change in may accept in the scope; The morning dew therefore thought TG-Link is easier to compare the traditional plan to realize PC HiFi, a piece is the TG-Link transmission plan realization method quite simple direct, can reduce a level compared to other transmission plans, this meant reduces level of musics the possibility which pollutes, furthermore, TG-Link transmitted the signal succession even more to be standard, reduced in the transmission process possible loss, after the chart one is the I2S signal which the morning dew D3 SPDIF port demodulation restored: BCK and LRCK, after the chart two is the I2S signal which morning dew D3 TG- the Link port decoding restores: BCK and LRCK, through two charts comparisons, may see the TG-Link port restores the signal even more conforms to the I2S standard, does not exist harms the code the possibility, but the I2S signal which restores by CS8416 harms the code risk relatively to have to be much bigger. It can be said, TG-Link restores the I2S signal compares the I2S signal which CS8416 restores even more to have the reliability and the stability. Moreover, through also indicated to the morning dew D3 each port target test that, the TG-Link high frequency performance test result must fairly good to CS8416, be possible own to compare the practice for the user, the morning dew specially chooses RMAA software the test result to grasp the chart. Other test result two kind of ports both do not have the obvious disparity, even may think is, but sweeps the frequency intermodulation testing which the measuring error or the individual difference creates to reflect the result contrast quite is obvious, this also can quite obvious explanation TG-Link and CS8416 compares, the TG-Link technology even more suits the numeral tonic train signalling in the high frequency scope the transmission. Through with the island valley company's consultation, the island valley company has provided two kind of editions TG-Link to the morning dew: Full page and the simplification edition, the full page TG-Link connection has the buffer front end, may completely avoid the time base vibration question which brings, simplifies the version not to bring the buffer front end, cannot solve the time base vibration problem which creates. Because the morning dew D3 anticipated fixed price cannot satisfy the lowest selling price limit which TG-Link full page requests, therefore, the morning dew D3 support simplification edition, above demonstration also is based on the simplification version TG-Link connection test result. The morning dew will support TG-Link full page in the future high end product. Morning dew D3 rallies through the system clock with the assignment, already partially revised because the TG-Link edition different brings question, this was the work which the morning dew independently completes. The entire number system all moves in under an only determination clock and its the frequency division, and, this has rallied the clock brings very many advantage for the entire morning dew D3 digital circuit overhead construction, regardless of the test target or were listens to the feeling all to have good showing. Certainly, regarding the usual use SPDIF connection, morning dew D3 also gives the full value, the strengthened receive chip CS8416 periphery electric circuit partial designs, and under the whole layout, the signal quality which CS8416 provided relative formerly also further obtains the enhancement. 3. The morning dew D3 numeral audio frequency decoding future development morning dew one after another will promote the low pass filter module in the future which the appropriate morning dew D3 user voluntarily will replace, each kind of module 将令 user will realize the different scale, the different flavor music. And, the morning dew can at the appropriate time promotes the simplification edition the morning dew D3 numeral audio frequency decoding, satisfies the different user the demand.

Jun 29, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #71 of 89
Quote:

the simplification edition the morning dew D3 numeral audio frequency

So, the Chinese word for Zhaolu translates to English as Morning Dew?! Fantastic!

Jun 29, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #74 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm interested, as well.

-edit- I'd maybe go ahead and jump on it, but only if I could find a sound card for TG-Link out.

It's on the D3 description page now (click on the photo).

"TG-Link Card Price USD $66"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back