Zero Dac/Amp dead, wth?
Apr 23, 2008 at 3:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Shizam

New Head-Fier
So I just got my Zero Dac/Amp about a month ago and have been using it probably 40+hrs a week. I just sat down and turned it on, the blue light flicked on (power), I heard my headphones get power then the light went off and nothing, no sound. Is there anything I should be looking for inside that would be an obvious fix, fuse?

Thanks,
Sam

Apr 23, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #2 of 6
sorry to hear it
frown.gif

will be interesting to see if other quality control reports start showing up here.

i've been very hesitant to buy the Zero after my last experience with a $150 (shipped) Chinese tube amp that stopped working after a couple months.

Apr 23, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #3 of 6
Hmm now you got me worried
frown.gif
how is the warranty on this thing?

Apr 23, 2008 at 2:29 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I just got my Zero Dac/Amp about a month ago and have been using it probably 40+hrs a week. I just sat down and turned it on, the blue light flicked on (power), I heard my headphones get power then the light went off and nothing, no sound. Is there anything I should be looking for inside that would be an obvious fix, fuse?

Thanks,
Sam

There is a fuse in the power socket in the rear of the unit. Also, there is a reset feature on the mainboard. If it turns out not to be the fuse, email the seller and ask what comes next. There may be specific sequences to go through. It is extremely rare for one of these to just power down and not come back.

Apr 24, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #5 of 6
Yea, I'm also concerned about warranty stuff since it comes from overseas and I don't want to be missing it for a month while I wait for a new one. So I emailed the seller, he said check the fuse. Sure enough the fuse was blown, and there was even an extra fuse in there (very awesome), I put that one in place and turned it on again, still nothing. Checked the fuse again and it was blown so there must be a short in there somewheres... I'll keep yea updated.

Sam

Apr 24, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, I'm also concerned about warranty stuff since it comes from overseas and I don't want to be missing it for a month while I wait for a new one. So I emailed the seller, he said check the fuse. Sure enough the fuse was blown, and there was even an extra fuse in there (very awesome), I put that one in place and turned it on again, still nothing. Checked the fuse again and it was blown so there must be a short in there somewheres... I'll keep yea updated.

Sam

Damn, well, I'm glad the fuse did it's job!!
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll be watching your updates. Hang in there!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back