Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jul 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #631 of 6,090
just plugged in the Zero Carbon Tenores  to my brain.  right out of the box the soundstage is spectacular and the tonal balance breathtaking. layers of
sund and instruments sound like 300$ plus sonys.agree with jsnuts that they sound very studio like, with clarity and round sound. but bass has IMPACT.
made me tap my foot and smile immediately.  love at first hearing.  with breakin burn could be true love....
bass seems more than adequate, the basso version must be monstrous base, may have to invest in those also for my electronica, although
these Tenore sound just fine with Bluetech and other light symphonic tone electronic music...so far i am WOWED. thanks to all you head fi enthusiasts
for brining these to the attention of the community.  ps Beatles were a revelation, sounding very vinyl like off of remastered digital source through AQ dragonfly, no amp.
will continue to update.  drbluenewmexico

Jul 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #632 of 6,090
Glad you like it! Welcome to the ZA club of awesomeness.

Jul 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #633 of 6,090
how do they do it? any papers out there on the carbon lining of aluminum housing technology?  it is carbon nanotubes like in the jvc
phones or a different material/process?  cant wait to hook them up to some ray samuels serious class amplifcation with Predator tonight
after more burn in...and to try them with NOS DAC which brings out analogue sound even more than oversampling dacs like Dragonfly..
how sweet they are already......almost afraid to try basso version, may be overwhelming for me, since bass in Tenores is so right on and impactful...is it crazy to want both versions for different kinds of music????

Jul 8, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #634 of 6,090
If you're happy with the bass on the tenore, no need to get the basso. But if you want a massive soundstage plus awesome bass quantity w/o bass-bleeds, the Bassos are a must have! A great compliment to your tenore. I didn't get the tenore because I already have the H200s which have great mids. If I didn't I would have bought the tenore as well.

Jul 8, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #635 of 6,090
thats great to know, thank you for your insightful comment!
the way you describe the basso it seems like an impossible ideal sound
for electronica such as my shaman djs Buddhabomb and Future Simple
and of course SHPONGLE..and since the new Shpongle album is coming
out july 29th..(MUSEUM OF CONSCIOUSNESS) .....i was going to try to hold my ground with the Tenores,
and THEN  a moment later i got an e mail from WHITE RABBIT, offering to get me the bassos and ship them from japan, i was caught in the vortex
 of head fi madness.  bassos are now on their way!. mad scientists of sound
audio shamans, must peer deeper in the sound!!!!  we live in such a glorious age
of IEM sound barrier breakthroughs..Bring on the Bassos!!

Jul 8, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #636 of 6,090
Quote:
thats great to know, thank you for your insightful comment!
the way you describe the basso it seems like an impossible ideal sound
for electronica such as my shaman djs Buddhabomb and Future Simple
and of course SHPONGLE..and since the new Shpongle album is coming
out july 29th..(MUSEUM OF CONSCIOUSNESS) .....i was going to try to hold my ground with the Tenores,
and THEN  a moment later i got an e mail from WHITE RABBIT, offering to get me the bassos and ship them from japan, i was caught in the vortex
 of head fi madness.  bassos are now on their way!. mad scientists of sound
audio shamans, must peer deeper in the sound!!!!  we live in such a glorious age
of IEM sound barrier breakthroughs..Bring on the Bassos!!

We need more posts like this!

Jul 8, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #637 of 6,090
Jul 8, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #638 of 6,090
well thanks fellow sound shaman mad scientist nutts!  seriously new oems with new tehnology break the 'SOUND BARRIER" which allows
us to peer into the musicical experience in new ways that reveal the harmonies of the universe in inspiriing new ways.  its bit materialism at all, collecting objects, its new shamanic tools that reveal the nature of vibrational reality in unpralled breakthroughs that would excite
Einstein or Hawkins if they were obsessed with sound like we are....its a portal being opened for us to go through and go through we must...
i have a paper i wrote on "how to listen to music" about the hypnotic qualities of music that i must post soon....and these new phones
help us listen in better than ever, like the VLRA new mexico  radio telescope array listening into the heavens..

Jul 8, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #640 of 6,090
Quote:
just plugged in the Zero Carbon Tenores  to my brain.  right out of the box the soundstage is spectacular and the tonal balance breathtaking. layers of
sund and instruments sound like 300$ plus sonys.agree with jsnuts that they sound very studio like, with clarity and round sound. but bass has IMPACT.
made me tap my foot and smile immediately.  love at first hearing.  with breakin burn could be true love....
bass seems more than adequate, the basso version must be monstrous base, may have to invest in those also for my electronica, although
these Tenore sound just fine with Bluetech and other light symphonic tone electronic music...so far i am WOWED. thanks to all you head fi enthusiasts
for brining these to the attention of the community.  ps Beatles were a revelation, sounding very vinyl like off of remastered digital source through AQ dragonfly, no amp.
will continue to update.  drbluenewmexico

The tenore's are fantastic for the price. Love the soundstage and layering as well. It's one of my favorite IEM's right now.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back