Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Apr 30, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #1,081 of 6,090
I just bought a Tenore as well
etysmile.gif
. I sold my BLOX and grabbed a cheaper bud and with what was left over I wanted to try one of the three main budget hype leaders(HAVI, Ostry, and Tenore). Should tide me over nicely till the next big thing!

Apr 30, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #1,083 of 6,090
The Tenores are so smooth yet incredibly detailed with absolutely phenomenal separation. I'd be surprised if these have any distortion at all. They are probably the clearest phone I've ever heard. And the tonality is so correct I want to give it extra credit.

Apr 30, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #1,085 of 6,090
Glad you liked my recommendation of these Shotgunshane and gnarlsagan

So, Inks, what does the pinhole mod do for you? I keep hearing that they are so linear and that would lead to the conclusion they don't really need it. Obviously quite a few variables that could make it work. Just curious.

Apr 30, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #1,087 of 6,090
So, Inks, what does the pinhole mod do for you? I keep hearing that they are so linear and that would lead to the conclusion they don't really need it. Obviously quite a few variables that could make it work. Just curious.

They don't need it actually, I need to update my sig as, if anything I like them more stock.

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #1,088 of 6,090
The Tenores are definitely more downward sloping than the ZMF MH1 to my ears. Reminds me of the LCD-3 a bit in signature, although I haven't heard those in a while.

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #1,089 of 6,090
They don't need it actually, I need to update my sig as, if anything I like them more stock.

Good to know, thanks!

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #1,090 of 6,090
I got my mh1c today. And I think that tenores are quite good upgrade over sony. Clarity of tenores is just amazing. Signature remindes me of dba-02. But still I think tenores have overal better sq than dual-ba dba-02. I like details too. I am sure that I notice details in songs which I hadn't captured with hf5 that used to be the most detailed earphones I had ever heard before owning tenores.

May 1, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #1,091 of 6,090
HYPED!!!!

What were you using before?  Have you tried meelectronics double flanged tips?  If so, how do they sound different compared to S200 tips?

I was using mh1 tips a size down from what I use on the mh1. I haven't tried the meelec biflange but do own some. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Tried the meelec biflanges today and strangely I couldn't get a seal. Since the body of the Tenore is so small, it's not helping make the seal and it's just up to the tips. The meelec tips just aren't making a seal for me in this combination. Back to the S200's.

May 1, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #1,092 of 6,090
Tried the meelec biflanges today and strangely I couldn't get a seal. Since the body of the Tenore is so small, it's not helping make the seal and it's just up to the tips. The meelec tips just aren't making a seal for me in this combination. Back to the S200's.

I'm wondering whether meelec has multiple biflanges.  Which ones do you have?  These?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEElectronics-Eartips-for-Sports-Fi-S6-M6-M6P-A161P-A151-earphones-Clear-/140821138554

May 1, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #1,094 of 6,090
I have M6 phones and all the tips that are in the box, including the double flange and I don't like the sound I get over stock tips. But lately the tips of choise are sony hybrids. I have also MH1 coming, some other sony phones and some UE tips from lunashop.

Anyway, with sony hybrids I have a boost in all frequencies from bass to treble. Everything is more clear and detailed, bass is stronger and textured and extends very low wich I like, mids more forward and the vocals sound exactly how Grayson described with the solist being right there with you in your living room and then is the treble that extends so high and sound so natural with every cymbals diferentiate from eachothers tonality and sound. No more that bloat and mushy sound that I got from pistons and even from vsd1s on some extent, you hear every instrument clear and intense and the sound is way more detailed.

About DannyBai's impresions, I didn't heard the ostry's, but everything with more bass than tenores I think will start to be in the basshead teritory. Maybe he didn't had the right tips for his ears. The tenores don't lack bass whatsoever, I really think their bass is more than enough in quantity and very good in quality. But yeah, I consider them my perfect match for a sound signature and love them so much.

May 1, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #1,095 of 6,090
The largest stock tips fit perfectly for me. DX90 > Tralucent T1 > Tenore provides a truly breathtaking listening experience. I cannot believe that these inexpensive little guys can play with the best I have ever owned! I did order a set of Basso's and they are due to arrive today. I really wanted to compare the 2 but will likely not keep both. I don't think my opinion of their performance is fanboyism, as I really wasn't expecting much at that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back