Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Apr 30, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #1,066 of 6,090
The Tenore is indeed ridiculous. I was really enjoying the DITA yesterday, and decided to A/B against the Tenore, thinking there'd be some insurmountable gap between the two, but they sound more similar overall than not, and the Tenore more than holds its own. Frankly stunning performance, and the best value in HF-dom at the moment

Apr 30, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #1,067 of 6,090
You guys are killing me lol. Mine can't arrive fast enough. If it's another basso though I'm booking a flight to Japan.

Apr 30, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #1,068 of 6,090
After some tip experimenting to get the best seal and fit but with the flattest bass, I've found the Comply S200 to be winners. It's their sports/active foam tip. The foam is a different consistency than all the other comply models. It's less dense, so bass isn't as boosted with them. In fact I think it's pretty spot on. Plus the bore is wider for perhaps just a hair more treble presence.

Conversely, the Jays foam tips really bring out the sub bass (also wide bore). Recommended for sub bass lovers if you can find them. I don't think they are made anymore.

Anyway, time to confess-
With the S200 tips, the Tenore is my favorite phone to listen to (Period. Full stop).

Of all the 120+ iems I've owned, loaned and auditioned, it's the most tonally pure to my ears. Certainly not perfect in all respects but tonally I've haven't enjoyed better.

HYPED!!!!

What were you using before?  Have you tried meelectronics double flanged tips?  If so, how do they sound different compared to S200 tips?

Apr 30, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #1,069 of 6,090
The Tenores aren't hype anymore imo, I think they are well established by now as a top IEM's with a great price. There are no bad reviews about them, everyone who own them is very pleased. :)

Apr 30, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #1,070 of 6,090
  The Tenores aren't hype anymore imo, I think they are well established by now as a top IEM's with a great price. There are no bad reviews about them, everyone who own them is very pleased. :)

Agree, aren't you glad I told you to buy them?  
biggrin.gif

The voting in this thread's poll is skewed.  Most people who voted didn't try both.  People simply voted for the one they bought, and most people bought the Basso.  I haven't heard a single person who bought both Basso and Tenore prefer the Basso.

Apr 30, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #1,073 of 6,090
Knowing your love of the MH1, I predict they will be your new favorite phones

Apr 30, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #1,075 of 6,090
Anyone try the tenores out with Shure Olive tips?  Those are my go-to tips of choice, and I've become strangely crotchety in my old age about using other tips. 

I'm encouraged to read that complies are workable for some folks. 

Apr 30, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #1,076 of 6,090
Guys I haven't felt this way about a new headphone in a long time. The quality of the sound has me laughing, like it's just that surprising. I have goosebumps, which is rare for me. Not to spew pure unadulterated hype, but these should be the most popular phones on head-fi, the ones we've been waiting for all these years. Buying a back-up pair ASAP.

Anyone know if Rin has these in the pipeline?

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #1,077 of 6,090
I know that feel. I was floored by how close they got to the DITA last night when I was comparing the two, that's a $35 phone tangling with a $650 one and holding its own. Just nuts. That sort of sound just shouldn't be comin out of something so tiny and inconspicuous. It induces all sorts of uncomfortable feelings related to bang per allocated buck. One gets the feeling that not enough bangs are being doled out relative to the bucks pumped into other pricier sets. Now bring on the hype, the subsequent creepy quoting and unwarranted skepticism from the "Hype appreciation thread" :wink:

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #1,078 of 6,090
One gets the feeling that not enough bangs are being doled out relative to the bucks pumped into other pricier sets.

Lol, I like how you worded that :thumbsup:

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #1,079 of 6,090
I am preferring the Ostry over the Tenore at the moment. As Shotgun says, the Tenore is more linear sounding. Ostry's have a bigger sound, bigger stage, harder bass impact, more forward midrange and sharper treble. Sound is different than the Tenore so worth having both.

While I prefer the Tenore, I can agree with above descriptions from DannyBai. Both are definitely worth owning.

Well, I got one of them now (the kc06, which off of the C3/BH combo is freaking me out how much I am liking it). I wasn't planning on getting the Tenore, as I have the Basso and imo the kc06 is much better. But now I misguidedly venture into this "Tenore Lovefest Thread". Thank God these things are cheap!

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #1,080 of 6,090
Must... retain... healthy... skepticism...

These are ridiculous.

Lol. I finally had to admit I'd rather listen to these than anything else.

Anyone try the tenores out with Shure Olive tips?  Those are my go-to tips of choice, and I've become strangely crotchety in my old age about using other tips. 

I'm encouraged to read that complies are workable for some folks. 

Shure's olives would have too narrow a bore. Any 200 series comply would fit though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back