Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Apr 16, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #1,052 of 6,090
  I am going to buy those Tenores. Can someone advise me, are there Japanese online shop with international shipping? On ebay and amazon.com I found ZH-DX200 for $65 shipped, but at amazon.jp it's worth only ¥3,554 ($35 without shipping) but I can't find any seller who can ship it overseas...

You can use Tenso to buy from Amazon.jp.  From what I've read, it's cheaper than whiterabbitexpress

Apr 16, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #1,053 of 6,090
  Same thing happened to me, they sound much worse than the Tenores lol. 

Agree!  That's why Tenore is near the top in my sig and Basso near the middle.

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #1,055 of 6,090
I have a set of Tenores available and can ship anywhere,,
smile_phones.gif

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #1,056 of 6,090
Edit

So they're listed on Amazon with international shipping. I don't see what the problem is...

http://www.amazon.com/AUDIO-ear-stereo-headphone-Tenore-ZH-DX200-CT/dp/B0093VVP0Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398443003&sr=8-1&keywords=zero+audio+tenore

There are no fakes from searching the thread

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #1,058 of 6,090
Ahhh okay, I just saw a few others using the whiterabbit site and thought Zero Audio wasn't easily bought overseas :)

I just ordered a pair.

p.s. I received the xiaomi pistons iF yesterday. wasn't terribly impressed on initial impressions. heavy bass signature and bass bleed take me out of the music and detract from other qualities I might like. gonna go for a walk and have a listen...

Apr 25, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #1,059 of 6,090
I used whiterabbit for my Tenores 1 month ago, payed 70$ with shipping, a little bit on the expensive side but fortunately I didn't had to pay any customs. They deserve any cent and alot more imo.
Right now I can say that this little phones are the perfect mix that I like with bass extending very low but with the perfect quantity for me, mids and female vocals especially are outstanding and very relaxed, detailed and extended treble that never become sibilant. They are so easy to listen, never becoming offensive or harsh. They really opened up now,  I think I have more than 200 hours and they are sounding much better than incredibly great sound I heard right out of the box already. Make no mistake, this are not bass shy phones and I listen from blues to rock, metal, popo, electronic and trance. Each and every genre is brilliant handled by this gems.

Apr 26, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #1,061 of 6,090
Just got my tenores from whiterabbit. It took 21 days from the day of order to receive the mail. Paid $55 total with shipping. I really like the signature. Quite punchy bass that doesn't lack in quantity unless you are basshead. These little things definitely aren't bass shy. Mids are just perfect. Forward vocals sound very realistic. Treble knows its place. no sibilance, rather energetic and detailed. These are spectacular out of the box.

Apr 29, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #1,063 of 6,090
  Do the Bassos sound the same as the Tenores just more bass? How does the bass on both compare to the she3580's (sub and mid bass)?

For me, Bassos aren't just a bass boosted Tenore.  Bassos definitely have more bass, but the mids and highs are not as good as the tenore and they don't sound as airy.

Apr 29, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #1,064 of 6,090
  I'm interested in the Tenores vs my Bassos. Anyone in the UK want to send me their pair to demo? :')

Mackem, Guido is selling is Tenore and he's in the UK.  Maybe you can meet up to try them.  EDIT:  Nevermind, he's in Italy.

Apr 30, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #1,065 of 6,090
After some tip experimenting to get the best seal and fit but with the flattest bass, I've found the Comply S200 to be winners. It's their sports/active foam tip. The foam is a different consistency than all the other comply models. It's less dense, so bass isn't as boosted with them. In fact I think it's pretty spot on. Plus the bore is wider for perhaps just a hair more treble presence.

Conversely, the Jays foam tips really bring out the sub bass (also wide bore). Recommended for sub bass lovers if you can find them. I don't think they are made anymore.

Anyway, time to confess-
With the S200 tips, the Tenore is my favorite phone to listen to (Period. Full stop).

Of all the 120+ iems I've owned, loaned and auditioned, it's the most tonally pure to my ears. Certainly not perfect in all respects but tonally I've haven't enjoyed better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back