Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 5, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #6,062 of 6,090
I've been meaning to try the Mezzo for a while now. I own both the Tenore and Basso, I switch between them if I'm listening to certain subgenres of metal (Tenore) or drum and bass/dubstep (Basso). It's pretty annoying to carry both pairs and switch them though so if the Mezzo can replace both then I'm game.

May 6, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #6,063 of 6,090
I've been meaning to try the Mezzo for a while now. I own both the Tenore and Basso, I switch between them if I'm listening to certain subgenres of metal (Tenore) or drum and bass/dubstep (Basso). It's pretty annoying to carry both pairs and switch them though so if the Mezzo can replace both then I'm game.

Let's see if someone can clarify a bit a bout the Mezzo's sound!

May 18, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #6,064 of 6,090
Just received the Mezzos and wow, they are pretty bad. I don’t know if my unit is defective, but there is no bass, and the High’s are very harsh. My soundmagic E10 sound better and I was told the Mezzos were very superior.

May 18, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #6,065 of 6,090
Just received the Mezzos and wow, they are pretty bad. I don’t know if my unit is defective, but there is no bass, and the High’s are very harsh. My soundmagic E10 sound better and I was told the Mezzos were very superior.

Where did you buy this from?

May 18, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #6,066 of 6,090

Hmmm I've heard a bad thing said about the Mezzo before, are you sure you're getting a good seal?

Where did you buy from? Sounds like they could either be fake or faulty.

May 18, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #6,067 of 6,090
Where did you buy this from?

Hmmm I've heard a bad thing said about the Mezzo before, are you sure you're getting a good seal?

Where did you buy from? Sounds like they could either be fake or faulty.

I've bought them from ebay, this is the link --> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZERO-AUDIO-ZH-DX220-CM-CARBO-MEZZO-Stereo-In-Ear-Headphones-NEW-from-Japan/152993453383?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Maybe I need some time to get used to them, but I don't see the upgrade from the SoundMagic E10..

EDIT: I tried them with the L tips and they change is BRUTAL! This is what I expected, sound is incredible, much better than my SM E10. I read that these tips : https://es.aliexpress.com/item/1-Pa...220.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.274263c0fZwBJk are much better than the stock ones, improving sound and fit, has anyone tried these ? Should I order the same size as the stock ones ?

thanks!

Last edited:
May 20, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #6,068 of 6,090
I've bought them from ebay, this is the link --> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZERO-AUDIO-ZH-DX220-CM-CARBO-MEZZO-Stereo-In-Ear-Headphones-NEW-from-Japan/152993453383?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Maybe I need some time to get used to them, but I don't see the upgrade from the SoundMagic E10..

EDIT: I tried them with the L tips and they change is BRUTAL! This is what I expected, sound is incredible, much better than my SM E10. I read that these tips : https://es.aliexpress.com/item/1-Pa...220.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.274263c0fZwBJk are much better than the stock ones, improving sound and fit, has anyone tried these ? Should I order the same size as the stock ones ?

thanks!

There you go, from what you described it was apparent to me that you weren't getting any seal at all. Most IEMs will sound flat and downright ugly until you find the right seal!

Hope you enjoy them, and end up leaving a review here for others! :ksc75smile:

PS. I'm not sure about those SpinFits but I'd advise to try either the KZ Starlines or Auvio M/L with them.

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #6,069 of 6,090
Just got my Mezzo today. It seems like it is a bit tricky to get a good seal with the MEE audio double flange tip which worked fine on the Tenore and Basso, but when the seal is complete boy do they sound great. It truly is the best of both worlds between the Tenore and Basso - it is the true successor to both in my opinion. Build quality is great too.

Nov 29, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #6,070 of 6,090
I noticed that Zero Audio has some new ones, the Carbo i, Zirco Nero and Zirco Pezzo. Anyone try those yet?

Nov 29, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #6,071 of 6,090
I noticed that Zero Audio has some new ones, the Carbo i, Zirco Nero and Zirco Pezzo. Anyone try those yet?

Hey man, the Carbo I look like the old Ortofon bullets. Just more ergonomic.

Nero probably won't stay in ears that easily judging by the shape.

I do like the shape of the Pezzo though. Seems like Zero Audio is going with a new style. No more carbon haha

Feel free to share more info here if you got it mate.

PS. I didn't end up getting the Mezzo in the end, my interest got swallowed up by the swarm of new Chi-Fi IEMs. I was looking at the white Tenores on eBay just recently though.

Nov 29, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #6,072 of 6,090
Carbo i looks like microphonics hell... :p

SPEC-DX240-B.png

Nov 29, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #6,073 of 6,090
Nov 30, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #6,075 of 6,090
Wow, I really loved the Carbo Tenore, specially because they were really tiny yet still very solidly constructed, with quality materials and of course an outstanding sound quality. The fact that they were $30-40 was amazing. Now, my pair broke few months ago and I want to try more from Zero Audio... I don't know which one choose:
Zirco Nero and Pezzo look really cheap compared to Carbo Tenore
Carbo Mezzo really look amazing, but I' m not sure if they are uncomfortable compared to the Carbo Tenore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back