Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Aug 30, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #6,046 of 6,090
The Tenores seem to be inconsistent. For me the highs were very relaxed, even smooth, so I did not hold on to them... Would love to hear what others have been hearing some day.
Who knows if that is true or placebo. I just got reminded why these can't be taken too seriously. It's ability to resolve is limited. Been a long time since I had them, and forgot that they have limitations to their ability.

A way to know capability of a setup is to test out the setup with good recording. If it doesn't sound so great on higher quality recordings, there are limitations to it. Reason being is that high quality recordings have a lot of nuances and intricacies that it takes a setup that is revealing to hear as much information as possible.

Still a good headphone, but has limitations.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #6,047 of 6,090
Who knows if that is true or placebo. I just got reminded why these can't be taken too seriously. It's ability to resolve is limited. Been a long time since I had them, and forgot that they have limitations to their ability.

A way to know capability of a setup is to test out the setup with good recording. If it doesn't sound so great on higher quality recordings, there are limitations to it. Reason being is that high quality recordings have a lot of nuances and intricacies that it takes a setup that is revealing to hear as much information as possible.

Still a good headphone, but has limitations.

I felt that the highs were harsh on the pair that I got to try. I finally got around to bringing my own earbuds and lightning dongle so I could try them out, the Mezzo is by far my favorite. I didn't really like the Doppio to be honest.. And then I went around and listened to everything that striked my fancy around the $50 mark and the Final E3000 really spoke to me.. it's such a damn good, tiny performer. Hard to choose between that and the Mezzo now.. :triportsad:

Aug 30, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #6,048 of 6,090
The Tenores seem to be inconsistent. For me the highs were very relaxed, even smooth, so I did not hold on to them... Would love to hear what others have been hearing some day.

I've got three pairs; my white ones suffers from treble spike and one of my black pairs sounds way too dark. Finding a reference pair is simply down to luck.

Sep 19, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #6,049 of 6,090
i never noticed before but the material for Carbo Tenore is actually metal (the non carbon part).. i always thought its plastic.. not baddd for a cheap iem.

Nov 26, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #6,050 of 6,090
Anyone have a frequency response chart for the Tenores?

Nov 26, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #6,051 of 6,090
Feb 12, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #6,052 of 6,090
Wow, this thread is still active. :xf_eek:

Personal thank you to each and every one of you, this makes me believe that there are still amazing and friendly communities on the internet.

So I'm sure I've mentioned this before when it happened, but my Tenores got put through a washing machine a year or so ago which I was and still am extremely sad about. I'm hopefully going to pick up another pair at some point, probably the white ones. Also whoever mentioned the Final E3000C, thank you. They look very interesting, and luckily I can pick some up from Amazon in UK. Is there any comparison between them and the Tenores that I might have missed?

PS. I found out that there is also Final E2000, anyone know the difference. They seem slightly cheaper.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #6,053 of 6,090

Personal thank you to each and every one of you, this makes me believe that there are still amazing and friendly communities on the internet.

So I'm sure I've mentioned this before when it happened, but my Tenores got put through a washing machine a year or so ago which I was and still am extremely sad about. I'm hopefully going to pick up another pair at some point, probably the white ones. Also whoever mentioned the Final E3000C, thank you. They look very interesting, and luckily I can pick some up from Amazon in UK. Is there any comparison between them and the Tenores that I might have missed?

PS. I found out that there is also Final E2000, anyone know the difference. They seem slightly cheaper.

Of course it's still active, as long as these headphones keep surprising people, which they still do and will do probably forever. The BIG problem right now is their price, somehow about a year or so ago their price went nuts. I bought a pair like 3 years ago for $35, and now they all seems to be from $42 to $50 or sometimes more. Nevertheless my pair failed at the jack plug end, and one of them stopped working. I am still watching their price so when they are $35 or so, I will buy them again.

This community rocks unless you face the illuminati earhead that can tell you all the differences between earbuds and can totally prove how their gear is objectively better than any piece of gear cheaper than his stuff.

Feb 21, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #6,055 of 6,090

Here is a spot on review/comparison

May 2, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #6,058 of 6,090
hi there, I'm very interested in replacing my SoundMAgic E10 since I've been using this model for almost 6 years and I want to try something new and better! Also I want a better fit/isolation. I also had a pair of Sennheiser CX-300’s, I prefer the E10 though. Stumbled upon the Zero Audio Carbo Basso and the Final Audio Design E2000 and they look promising.
I want them for day to day use, public transport, college library, etc .. I like a Balanced sound , nice and tight bass with good mids and not too hars highs, I don't consider myself a basshead, but I appreaciate a nice and controlled bass.

I listen to Hip Hop, Jazz, Soul, &B, Electronic, Indie, Experimental, Shoegaze... lots of different genres. I don’t listen to classical, country, latino music.Some artists that I listen: Flying Lotus, Kendrick Lamar, Frank Ocean, Robert Glasper, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Boards of Canada, Nicolas Jaar, My Bloody Valentine, Sonic Youth, Radiohead...

Would you recommend the Carbo Bassos or the Final E2000 ? I read that the E2000 have pretty bad isolation...

I can get the Bassos for 40€ through amazon.es https://www.amazon.es/audio-Stereo-...d=1525254680&sr=8-2&keywords=zero+audio+carbo
and the FA E2000 with mic and play/pause controller (something to keep in mind since I will use them mainly with my phone and iPod Classic) for 57€ https://www.amazon.es/Final-aislami...=1525254413&sr=8-2&keywords=final+audio+e2000

Thank you very much!

May 2, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #6,059 of 6,090
Well if you are a bass head then go Carbo Basso I suppose. I like the Tenores more and I think those outsell the Basso by something like 2 to 1.

If your budget can handle it take a gander at the iBasso IT01. $100 for really primo stuff and plentiful bass. I own Tenores and the IT01 and I play the IT01 way me. Can't really comment on the Carbo Basso vs the IT01.

Last edited:
May 5, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #6,060 of 6,090
hi there, I'm very interested in replacing my SoundMAgic E10 since I've been using this model for almost 6 years and I want to try something new and better! Also I want a better fit/isolation. I also had a pair of Sennheiser CX-300’s, I prefer the E10 though. Stumbled upon the Zero Audio Carbo Basso and the Final Audio Design E2000 and they look promising.
I want them for day to day use, public transport, college library, etc .. I like a Balanced sound , nice and tight bass with good mids and not too hars highs, I don't consider myself a basshead, but I appreaciate a nice and controlled bass.

I listen to Hip Hop, Jazz, Soul, &B, Electronic, Indie, Experimental, Shoegaze... lots of different genres. I don’t listen to classical, country, latino music.Some artists that I listen: Flying Lotus, Kendrick Lamar, Frank Ocean, Robert Glasper, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Boards of Canada, Nicolas Jaar, My Bloody Valentine, Sonic Youth, Radiohead...

Would you recommend the Carbo Bassos or the Final E2000 ? I read that the E2000 have pretty bad isolation...

I can get the Bassos for 40€ through amazon.es https://www.amazon.es/audio-Stereo-...d=1525254680&sr=8-2&keywords=zero+audio+carbo
and the FA E2000 with mic and play/pause controller (something to keep in mind since I will use them mainly with my phone and iPod Classic) for 57€ https://www.amazon.es/Final-aislami...=1525254413&sr=8-2&keywords=final+audio+e2000

Thank you very much!

You could also try the Carbo Mezzo which seems to be a firm favourite with many who have owned either Carbo Basso or Carbo Tenore previously!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back