Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jun 22, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #6,031 of 6,090
Do you think Shure IEM's are made in the USA ? This should answer your question

The opening post mentions this:
"As we all know Japan is pretty much the leading MANUFACTURER of new Audio tech at the moment. Now a company called Zero Audio have released some amazing new IEMs, which can really play with the big boys like Sony and Audio Technica."

And you can pretty much only order these from Japan, which says to me that they are most likely manufactured in japan.

Do you actually know anything about these IEMs and Zero Audio?

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #6,033 of 6,090
Maybe compare packages by searching google images? The packaging looks different from the pair I got but that was years ago so they might have updated the packaging. The IEMs themselves obviously look the same.

Jun 22, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #6,036 of 6,090
Exactly. All the big oem factories are based out of China. Not too many iems are actually made in Japan. I have a few Audio Technica phones that are and my Sony Z5 but otherwise I would say 95% of all my phones were made out of China. No need to worry about Zero Audio fakes. As far as I know I have not read anyone actually running across a fake Zero Audio product.

Now if it was Audio Technica that is another story.

Jun 23, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #6,039 of 6,090
i dont think theres a fake zero audio.. my carbo tenore are made in china as well.. but the Final Audio Design Adagio 2 and Heaven 2 are made in Phillipines, not Japan as well..

Aug 19, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #6,040 of 6,090
My man I own just about every Zero Audio earphone made. They are all made in China. I have never seen a Zero Audio fake ever.

Well, I'm glad I found you. I'm living in Tokyo and finally found a store that carries every model.. What's your take on all the different models? Is it worth it forking over the extra $30ish for their mid tier stuff or am I best off with their cheaper basso/tenore?

For reference I'm obsessed with my HD598 but listen to mostly techno, rock or rap when I use my iem's. Currently have the piston pro (triple?) but they're just.. Eh.

Aug 19, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #6,041 of 6,090
The doppio is their higher end double BA model which I like a lot but not good for the street. Neutral type tuning is great for quiet locations but if your walking around or commuting you want something with more bass. If you want to go cheapo try the basso for your music genres. Tenors is brilliant as well but more neutrally tuned vs the bassos.

The DuoZa has a crazy wide stage but look like frankenstein bolts sticking out of your ears. Smooth full bodied sound. If you want to go with a small form factor and try a Balanced armature for on the street I prefer the singolos over the doppios. However BAs don't get you that bass rumble you need for hip hop.

For your music preferences I would try a Basso if you want to save some cash. Their newer carbo mezzo looks interesting and should have the bass you need for your genres. To be honest I really haven't heard a Zero Audio product I didnt like. I would stick to the dynamics for you however.

Aug 19, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #6,042 of 6,090
I thought Doppio had pretty good bass and very good price/performance relative to other dual-BA iems at the time (now there seem to be more similarly configured options at this price, like Mini2, Pai 2, new brainwavz. etc...) ... but IMO it's a little bit of a middle-child, because Tenore is such a good value. while my personal favorite dual-BAs haven't been THAT much more ( like IM02/LS200 or q-Jays on a holiday price), and, while Doppio has a little bit warmer signature than those do, when I felt like using a warmer easygoing set I was more likely to Tenore.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #6,043 of 6,090
I thought Doppio had pretty good bass and very good price/performance relative to other dual-BA iems at the time (now there seem to be more similarly configured options at this price, like Mini2, Pai 2, new brainwavz. etc...) ... but IMO it's a little bit of a middle-child, because Tenore is such a good value. while my personal favorite dual-BAs haven't been THAT much more ( like IM02/LS200 or q-Jays on a holiday price), and, while Doppio has a little bit warmer signature than those do, when I felt like using a warmer easygoing set I was more likely to Tenore.

I went back to the store to pick up a pair.. and just couldn't decided between the Tenore and Mezzo.. It's so difficult LOL! These past two times, I forgot the DAC dongle for my 7 (iPhone) so I'll be heading back to Shinjuku today with a pair of eartips and my dongle to try them all out once and for all.. Maybe this time I'll be able to make a decision lol! I love how small the Tenore's are, but I can't decide which I want, even with the $20 price delta. :triportsad:

Aug 29, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #6,044 of 6,090
I received a new pair of Tenores today(after I got rid of an old pair long ago). I may have ran into the QC issue that was talked about in the past, but this pair sounds very good. I've been trying many lower Tier'd IEMs recently, and been running into mainly underwhelming stuff, and listening to these again brings a perspective. These are good over-achieving IEMs for really low monies. :L3000:

An issue is treble can get a bit harsh though.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #6,045 of 6,090
I received a new pair of Tenores today(after I got rid of an old pair long ago). I may have ran into the QC issue that was talked about in the past, but this pair sounds very good. I've been trying many lower Tier'd IEMs recently, and been running into mainly underwhelming stuff, and listening to these again brings a perspective. These are good over-achieving IEMs for really low monies. :L3000:

An issue is treble can get a bit harsh though.

The Tenores seem to be inconsistent. For me the highs were very relaxed, even smooth, so I did not hold on to them... Would love to hear what others have been hearing some day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back