Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem
Jan 2, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #46 of 860
I am only judging from the pictures that the Fidue A71 will fit me fine since I rarely had problems with bullet-designed IEM's. I am gonna wear them straight down too. Do you think deep insertion would be possible?

On the other hand I had issues with the fit and islotation with the Havi B3 p1 and KC06A.

I also don't really like the new design of the Duoza and wish they kept the old designs, because I really prefer a deeper insertion.

I have fit issues with the B3 Pro 1 too in that it hurts my ears and haven't tried the Ostry. I thought the Fidue A71 was gonna fit fine because I didn't read very much(but did read some) about potential fit issues & tip rolling like the B3 or A83. The housing is not really shaped or designed similar to something like Tenore and fits way different imo. The Tenore is a simple deep insertion fit, but the A71 is almost shallow/mid insertion. It is just oddly shaped for straight-down wear even without the memory wire I would think. Though removing it should help a ton. I must have finicky ears in general or I just priortize comfort and insertion more than most, idk.
I don't know if the Duoza will fit me either, but I think its worth a try. I mean that is why I'm here :p

Jan 2, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #47 of 860
I have fit issues with the B3 Pro 1 too in that it hurts my ears and haven't tried the Ostry. I thought the Fidue A71 was gonna fit fine because I didn't read very much(but did read some) about potential fit issues & tip rolling like the B3 or A83. The housing is not really shaped or designed similar to something like Tenore and fits way different imo. The Tenore is a simple deep insertion fit, but the A71 is almost shallow/mid insertion. It is just oddly shaped for straight-down wear even without the memory wire I would think. Though removing it should help a ton. I must have finicky ears in general or I just priortize comfort and insertion more than most, idk.
I don't know if the Duoza will fit me either, but I think its worth a try. I mean that is why I'm here
tongue.gif

Tell us when you get the Duoza ;D I am still holding out for my next phone for a month a I guess. Thanks for your insight on your fit with the A71.

Jan 3, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #48 of 860
I have just received my DUOZA. They are pretty big, build quality seems good, cable is the same with Doppio. The sound is pretty good for first listening, very expansive sound stage, less bright than doppio, bass is definitely has more rumble and body, mid is about the same. Harder to drive than the doppio, maybe about the same as tenore (need to check further). Will do some burn in since it is DD and will post further impression and comparison.

Jan 3, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #49 of 860
I have just received my DUOZA. They are pretty big, build quality seems good, cable is the same with Doppio. The sound is pretty good for first listening, very expansive sound stage, less bright than doppio, bass is definitely has more rumble and body, mid is about the same. Harder to drive than the doppio, maybe about the same as tenore (need to check further). Will do some burn in since it is DD and will post further impression and comparison.

Could you post a pic of the Duoza and Doppio next to each other for comparison?

How do you feel about the upper mid, say 4k, between the two? Particularly with female vocals.

Jan 3, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #50 of 860
Will need to let the duoza burn in 1st to really know its sound. Picture will come soon.

Jan 3, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #52 of 860

From the top: Tenore, Basso, Doppio and DUOZA

Jan 3, 2015 at 3:37 AM Post #54 of 860
Just did a quick comparison with all 4 of ZA IEMs.
1. The DUOZA sounds signature is similar to the tenore and basso.
2. The DUOZA has less bass, but more detail bass than basso. That put the DUOZA in between tenore and basso bass wise.
3. The Doppio has the most airy and forward presentation than other ZA IEMs.
That's it for now, will do more as I listening and burning-in the DUOZA.

Jan 3, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #55 of 860
  Just did a quick comparison with all 4 of ZA IEMs.
1. The DUOZA sounds signature is similar to the tenore and basso.
2. The DUOZA has less bass, but more detail bass than basso. That put the DUOZA in between tenore and basso bass wise.
3. The Doppio has the most airy and forward presentation than other ZA IEMs.
That's it for now, will do more as I listening and burning-in the DUOZA.

would like to see how the Doppio compares with DUOZA.

Jan 3, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #56 of 860
The Duoza has completely different sound signature than the doppio. The duoza has more bass, but very precise, fun, detail and layered. Soundstage is also pretty different, while the doppio is more intimate, makes you feel like you are at the center of an orchestra. The duoza is about the front seat of a theater kind of soundstage. How the duoza project the space is amazing, especially with classical recording. I can precisely tell where the instruments are. Very good instrument separation. Treble is splashy, but never sibilance, it goes with all ZA iems. Imho, both doppio and duoza are amazing. I just bought 1964 V8 and I haven't touch it ever since I got my doppio and now duoza is sounding really really good. ZA has create another winner imho.

Jan 3, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #59 of 860
The bass on duoza is balance. The bass is more in the 60hz to 70hz region imo. I compared it with the basso and the bass on duoza has more detail and texture. Here is a brief summarize from the comparison I did so far for 4 ZA iems:
1. The tenore has the widest soundstage, but it also makes the tenore's mid sound a bit thin. Bass does go feep, but impact is a bit lacking. Very impressive sound for string instrument.
2. The basso has the biggest bass on all ZA iems, but still retain 90% the detail of the tenore.
3. The doppio has the airiest and most forward sound of all ZA iems. The treble is like razor blade, sharp with tons of details. The sound is more in your face kind of presentation. Soundstage is more in your head, similar to kc06. Bass is tight and punchy, goes really deep also, but lacking impact for EDM/dubstep.
4. The duoza is the most balance of all ZA iems imho. It is not as forward as doppio, as it is more laid back. The sound presentation is like if you go to an orchestra and sit in the front row. While the doppio is like you are in the orchestra. Bass has detail like the doppio, but also rumble like the basso. Reminds me of LCD-2. It also has the best instrument separation, instrument placement accuracy. This is by far my new favorite iem from ZA.

Jan 3, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #60 of 860
The bass on duoza is balance. The bass is more in the 60hz to 70hz region imo. I compared it with the basso and the bass on duoza has more detail and texture. Here is a brief summarize from the comparison I did so far for 4 ZA iems:
1. The tenore has the widest soundstage, but it also makes the tenore's mid sound a bit thin. Bass does go feep, but impact is a bit lacking. Very impressive sound for string instrument.
2. The basso has the biggest bass on all ZA iems, but still retain 90% the detail of the tenore.
3. The doppio has the airiest and most forward sound of all ZA iems. The treble is like razor blade, sharp with tons of details. The sound is more in your face kind of presentation. Soundstage is more in your head, similar to kc06. Bass is tight and punchy, goes really deep also, but lacking impact for EDM/dubstep.
4. The duoza is the most balance of all ZA iems imho. It is not as forward as doppio, as it is more laid back. The sound presentation is like if you go to an orchestra and sit in the front row. While the doppio is like you are in the orchestra. Bass has detail like the doppio, but also rumble like the basso. Reminds me of LCD-2. It also has the best instrument separation, instrument placement accuracy. This is by far my new favorite iem from ZA.

I pretty much agree with your assessment (I never heard the basso). Good initial impression. With about 40 hours of burn-in that sub-bass is going to come in even more in the DUOZA (especially when called for). The best instrument separation I've ever heard in an $100 earphone (and competing with some that cost twice as much).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back