Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem
Dec 31, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #31 of 854
Couple of quick thoughts:

- Not heavy but the shells are huge. Some might struggle with the fit, but if you fidget around with it a little bit it should work.

- These are not basshead earphones, but there's is plenty of bass with very good (potential to be great) extension and clarity.

- The sound - as I've heard in all ZA products - has very good clarity and transparency. This is definitely the ZA house sound. Vocals really stand out and the dynamic drivers have an almost BA sheen to them. 

- This is not a deep-insert earphone. 

I've been on the move for the past few weeks, but I'm about to slow down. I have to get my Brainwavz S0 review up, and then I'll throw out more impressions on the DUAZA. What I've written is from only about 10 minutes of listening to it, but it's fantastic out of the box. Can't wait to get some burn-in on it. I think we have a winter here. 

Oh, the sound is more balanced and full. I wouldn't say neutral. Again, bass is there but it doesn't dominate the mids or highs. Highs aren't harsh at all (and may be a bit smoothed out, but it's really premature to claim that without burn-in). Mids are a winner (horns sound great and so does the piano). Soundstage is wide. Very full and nice instrument separation. Happy listening.

More thoughts on Dsnuts' Discovery thread.

Burn them in at least 40hrs...
My ZAs went from being average to my most loved ones in 40hrs.

Bass on tenores really doesn't show up until proper burn in. But once it does, it's all fun. Duoza is again from ZA, and is a dynamic. I'd bet that it will sound much better after some burn in.

Dec 31, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #32 of 854
Mine is coming soon. Will be interesting to compare the duoza to the doppio. Dual dynamic vs Dual BAs. I wonder how they tuned the sound for duoza.

Jan 1, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #35 of 854
Can't wait to get some DUOZA feedback. C'mon, courier people.

Jan 1, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #37 of 854
Jan 1, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #41 of 854
I can't personally recommend the A71 due to fit issues, and the cable was annoying on top of that. Though the TTPOD's cable is as well. I think Fidue needs to get on this and make more universally fitting earphones, though their designs are cool like on the A83 and their sound is solid I think from the offering I heard. The A71 had a good sound though with big bass(some mid-bass emphasis) and forward mids and slightly smooth treble. I've never tried the IM70...
However, I am looking forward to trying the Duoza in time.

Jan 2, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #42 of 854
I can't personally recommend the A71 due to fit issues, and the cable was annoying on top of that. Though the TTPOD's cable is as well. I think Fidue needs to get on this and make more universally fitting earphones, though their designs are cool like on the A83 and their sound is solid I think from the offering I heard. The A71 had a good sound though with big bass(some mid-bass emphasis) and forward mids and slightly smooth treble. I've never tried the IM70...
However, I am looking forward to trying the Duoza in time.

I am only judging from the pictures that the Fidue A71 will fit me fine since I rarely had problems with bullet-designed IEM's. I am gonna wear them straight down too. Do you think deep insertion would be possible?

On the other hand I had issues with the fit and islotation with the Havi B3 p1 and KC06A.

I also don't really like the new design of the Duoza and wish they kept the old designs, because I really prefer a deeper insertion.

Jan 2, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #44 of 854
  I am only judging from the pictures that the Fidue A71 will fit me fine since I rarely had problems with bullet-designed IEM's. I am gonna wear them straight down too. Do you think deep insertion would be possible?

On the other hand I had issues with the fit and islotation with the Havi B3 p1 and KC06A.

I also don't really like the new design of the Duoza and wish they kept the old designs, because I really prefer a deeper insertion.

Wearing Fidue A71 is almost a mirror image to applying TF10 to your ears, a touchy area. I tend to agree with Ap616 on the sound too. Lotsa mid-bass, but if that's your thing such as Wayne and others are getting into A71 has its place in the $100 line up. The entire hobby is very much genre related from person to person and that's why feelings swing from one hotdog stand to another.

Hmm hotdogs...

Jan 2, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #45 of 854

Wearing Fidue A71 is almost a mirror image to applying TF10 to your ears, a touchy area. I tend to agree with Ap616 on the sound too. Lotsa mid-bass, but if that's your thing such as Wayne and others are getting into A71 has its place in the $100 line up. The entire hobby is very much genre related from person to person and that's why feelings swing from one hotdog stand to another.

Hmm hotdogs...

Yeah, I do appreciate a strong, but controlled Bass. My other needs are covered by the Tenore right now =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back