ZEN by DUNU: our first model designed around next-generation driver platform ECLIPSƎ
Dec 15, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #16 of 1,326
Dec 15, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #17 of 1,326
Single DD seems tame by todays standard...
I have heard some very good single DD's. I thought Luna was a great performer. Considering I own and have reviewed so many TOTL IEMs with as many drivers that can be piled in a shell it is always interesting to encounter new tech, especially single driver, and hear the capabilities in one driver.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #18 of 1,326

Not at all. Single DD is really the future. The idea if fully worked out.......introduces a style of cohesive connected sound.

Dec 15, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #19 of 1,326
Great news about the Zen; hopefully I'll review this sometime soon as well. I love dynamic driver IEMs, so this announcement is music to my ears! So to speak :wink:

Dec 15, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #20 of 1,326
It's not merely a driver that has been "upscaled" from 10 mm to 13.5 mm.
If you can make it with Be, that bass slam with pinpoint precision will be really intoxicating

Dec 15, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #21 of 1,326
It should be fun to see if it reaches Beyerdynamic Xelento qualities without Tesla tech for low frequencies (deep, clear and powerful impacts) ...
They look a bit thick too ..
I love the Xelento I use, as with those you can listen perfectly to music lying down on the side.. though they are a bit too expansive...
So If Dunu can sell this IEM for less than 400$, it can be an cheap alternative.

Dec 15, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #23 of 1,326
It should be fun to see if it reaches Beyerdynamic Xelento qualities without Tesla tech for low frequencies (deep, clear and powerful impacts) ...
I love the Xelento I use, as with those you can listen perfectly to music lying down on the side.. though they are a bit too expansive...
So If Dunu can sell this IEM for less than 400$, it can be an cheap alternative.
You don't necessarily need Tesla level of magnetic flux to get low-end impact. Final E5000 has a minuscule micro-driver and still manages superb rumble and low-end control/slam due to their passive radiator/acoustic cavity design. Housing design is very important in that regard.

That being said, the Zen seems to exceed if not match the Beyer level magnetic flux (it's rated 1.8T after all). In the end it's hard to tell how it's gonna sound without listening first. And the Luna was a wholesale upgrade over the Xelento Remote for me. If the Zen can get close to Luna level performance, it'll be interesting indeed.

Dec 15, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #24 of 1,326
Creating a great sounding 1DD IEM is every bit as challenging as creating a great sounding multi-BA or hybrid design. :nerd:

And the fact that the Zen uses a first-of-its-kind DD makes these truly unique! :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #27 of 1,326
Will compare to the Xelento. Stay tuned.

Will keep close eyes and ears on the ZEN. Excited to hear how it sounds :)
We are all excited. :)

Dec 15, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #28 of 1,326
The DN-2000J already does this :wink:

Dec 15, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #29 of 1,326
nanoDLC greatly augments the strength of the alloy dome by filling microscopic pores in the metal with non-hydrogenated, tetrahedral carbon (sp3-hybridized), at levels previously unachievable through plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition (PECVD) techniques classically used on polymer substrates.

yep i know some of these words

1.8 T magnetic field strength at the voice coil
some cool sounding tech guys. highest advertised i have seen is 1.5Tesla on LCD4 and Th900. You guys should make some headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back