Zähl HM1 - Reference Headphone Amplifier
May 8, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #873 of 1,489
I'll probably be 6 feet under before I receive my hm1. I'll be putting it in my will, to bury me with it..... My gravestone shall say "one piece".
All the more reason to make sure the casework quality is up to snuff :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: . I actually don't mind that much, apparently i'm #2, so it should arrive in time for my bday. Silver linings lol. I also have the Raal Ca-1A getting here in the next couple of days, and that should keep me entertained for a while.

May 8, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #874 of 1,489
That's one very unfortunate news. I was really hoping to receive mine soon...

May 8, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #876 of 1,489
All the more reason to make sure the casework quality is up to snuff :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: . I actually don't mind that much, apparently i'm #2, so it should arrive in time for my bday. Silver linings lol. I also have the Raal Ca-1A getting here in the next couple of days, and that should keep me entertained for a while.
I was #8 apparently so I think I'm save on the first half part *fingers crossed*

May 8, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #879 of 1,489
Headphones.com update, we also got the same email update this morning with the announcement of the delay. We certainly were hoping the HM1 would have been ready sooner and would be shipping soon. I was going to be sending out an update to our current HM1 pre-orders to inform about the delay.

The previous update we had was the batch of faceplates that had arrived in April had not met Michael's quality control and thus were being redone causing a delay. While not great news we are glad to see the 2023 batch recipients are still eager as ever to receive their HM1.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
May 9, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #880 of 1,489
You guys are lucky. I’m on the 2025 list. :beyersmile:

May 9, 2023 at 4:19 AM Post #881 of 1,489
May 9, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #885 of 1,489
Congrats I’m thoroughly enjoying mine also. I was surprised how good they were. Which pads are you using? I use the Coffee Bean pads.
I only used them for like 30 minutes and did a quick comparison to the D8k Pro LE and Stealth. I definitely prefer Coffee Bean, but that might change with Mitch's filters, just asked for a demo. Also too early to tell for sure, but I was surprised by the difference the Star-8 cable made. I found them a bit underwhelming initially with the stock one. While the Elites and D8k Pro Le are leaving soon (Stealth makes keeping them pointless for me), It definitely looks like the Ca-1a are sticking around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back