YULONG Aurora, small but perfectly formed AIO DAC/Pre/HeadAmp
Jun 22, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #46 of 123
YULONG also holds the opinion that measurement is only one side of the story. We used measurement to help us to develop good products, not to develop products that measure well. As GoldenSound has pointed out, some manufacturers have taken advantage of the recent norm to put measurements above everything, to the point that they might be willing to compromise on listening tests in order to achieve the best possible measurements.

Check out the video and understand the other side of measurements.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 22, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #47 of 123
YULONG also holds the opinion that measurement is only one side of the story. We used measurement to help us to develop good products, not to develop products that measure well. As GoldenSound has pointed out, some manufacturers have taken advantage of the recent norm to put measurements above everything, to the point that they might be willing to compromise on listening tests in order to achieve the best possible measurements.

Check out the video and understand the other side of measurements.

True. I have watched this video when it first came up. @GoldenOne is one of the people I respect the most. If I'm not mistaken this device don't use negative feedback to reduce noise, or something like that. If that is the case, measurements are, in fact quite good.

Jul 1, 2022 at 6:03 AM Post #48 of 123
Hello. Bought Yulong Daart Aurora. I installed the drivers from the official site, but in the ASIO settings I can’t set the value to 32bit, can you tell me what the problem could be?Or is that how it should be?
ocr

Jul 1, 2022 at 6:36 AM Post #49 of 123
Hello. Bought Yulong Daart Aurora. I installed the drivers from the official site, but in the ASIO settings I can’t set the value to 32bit, can you tell me what the problem could be?Or is that how it should be?
ocr
Same thing happened to me also but I couldn't get an answer. Right now I'm using is with coax so don't mind it much but I hope there isn't a problem with the device itself.

Jul 1, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #51 of 123
ocr
I encountered this too. Good looking out to you and the guys below your post!

I asked Andy about this and this is what he told me:

"The Aurora can handle 24bit or 32bits files, but the MQA implementation required us to give priority to 24bits decoding, that's why we have the current setting in place. We can offer a 32bit enabled firmware but that will affect the compatibility of MQA support."

So the Aurora is working as intended but is currently limited to 24bits. IMO this is another reason to reconsider the validity of MQA but I don't want to start that debate here. Regardless, the Aurora sounds amazing but just remember to turn it off when not in use because it gets hot!

Cheers,
crabdog

Jul 1, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #52 of 123
I encountered this too. Good looking out to you and the guys below your post!

I asked Andy about this and this is what he told me:

"The Aurora can handle 24bit or 32bits files, but the MQA implementation required us to give priority to 24bits decoding, that's why we have the current setting in place. We can offer a 32bit enabled firmware but that will affect the compatibility of MQA support."

So the Aurora is working as intended but is currently limited to 24bits. IMO this is another reason to reconsider the validity of MQA but I don't want to start that debate here. Regardless, the Aurora sounds amazing but just remember to turn it off when not in use because it gets hot!

Cheers,
crabdog
It would be great if they threw another firmware on the site where you can use 32bit

Jul 12, 2022 at 5:00 AM Post #55 of 123

Users who are viewing this thread

Back