YULONG Aurora, small but perfectly formed AIO DAC/Pre/HeadAmp
Aug 17, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #121 of 123
Does anyone have an alternative to the Fiio PL50 that also sells on Ali and works well with Aurora ?
I want to buy one but it simply isn't available on the 100-120v. (I looked many times on the last few weeks)
I asked Fiio about it and they just ignored me, so....

Maybe this: https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005004822737786.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2bra
Or this, as @arrow0309 noted above: https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/32975237936.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2bra
Which option to choose ? 12v or 15v (first option only have 12v tho, is it enough) ?

I'm noticing some hizz on my Arya Stealth, I hope it's a PSU issue that can go away with a change for a new and better one.....
Hi, the second one should be OK, 12v and 4.6A max is good. The Talema core is better or at least they say so.
One other thing is that you'd (better) need 5.5x2.1mm ("plug estilos"), mine is 2.5mm, a little bit loose but still working. 2.1mm is best for our Aurora.

Aug 22, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #122 of 123
I just bought the older model of Hifiman Ananda (discounted from the Hifiman store) for a little over £300 (shipped).
How do you guys think they'll run with our DA-ART Aurora?
Also, I have been thinking to try the Fiio K9 pro ESS, for more soundstage and imaging (during the mp gaming like Hunt Showdown).
What do you think the amount of difference will be (if any)? With not hyper expensive headphones?
I also have the Beyer Amiron Home, DT 880 pro 250 ohm black edition, Senn hd6xx, AKG K712 Pro and (arriving) the Fiio Fh7s iems.

Sep 9, 2023 at 5:49 AM Post #123 of 123
I just bought the older model of Hifiman Ananda (discounted from the Hifiman store) for a little over £300 (shipped).
How do you guys think they'll run with our DA-ART Aurora?
Also, I have been thinking to try the Fiio K9 pro ESS, for more soundstage and imaging (during the mp gaming like Hunt Showdown).
What do you think the amount of difference will be (if any)? With not hyper expensive headphones?
I also have the Beyer Amiron Home, DT 880 pro 250 ohm black edition, Senn hd6xx, AKG K712 Pro and (arriving) the Fiio Fh7s iems.
Small update and another chapter that's closed.
So I've bought the K9 Pro ESS about 20 days ago (good price, open box) and used it intensively with music and pc gaming.
Yesterday evening I decided to put it on ebay sale and it has just sold this morning lol.
So I'm back at my sweet Aurora and never happier, my new Amandas are giving their best now, lovely rich, organic and textured sound.
I'll never notice (easily) the "lesser" level of detail or soundstage. At least I have made up my mind.

Cheers to all the Aurora users :gs1000smile::o2smile::beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back