YULONG Aurora, small but perfectly formed AIO DAC/Pre/HeadAmp
Apr 21, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #91 of 123
I have my Aurora with the PL50. Honestly, I didn't listen for the differences in an analytical way; broadly speaking, what is most noticeable is a slightly more present high end, but I'm talking of a very slight, barely udible difference. There could be some slight improvement in overall focus and tightness of the sound in all the spectrum as well, but I should do some more listening to be sure.
This slight tonal change in highs is welcome for the Aurora, that has very soft and relaxed highs with the stock PSU. Again, the PL50 do not change the overall timbre and character of the Aurora, we are talking of minute differences.
Thank you very much for your insight !

Apr 21, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #92 of 123
I have my Aurora with the PL50. Honestly, I didn't listen for the differences in an analytical way; broadly speaking, what is most noticeable is a slightly more present high end, but I'm talking of a very slight, barely udible difference. There could be some slight improvement in overall focus and tightness of the sound in all the spectrum as well, but I should do some more listening to be sure.
This slight tonal change in highs is welcome for the Aurora, that has very soft and relaxed highs with the stock PSU. Again, the PL50 do not change the overall timbre and character of the Aurora, we are talking of minute differences.
I see, thank you very much!

Jun 6, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #93 of 123
hi all!
In my Aurora, at the headphone output, the whistle of mobile communications OR power supplay is almost constantly audible, quiet, but audible enough on a pause. Even when the mobile phone is far away - closer or even has no effect. It also does not affect whether the USB cable is connected, and the bluetooth antenna, or not. Level of volume does not affect too.

Has anyone experienced this besides me? And how can this be fixed?Such a great DAC, but such a nasty problem...

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #94 of 123
hi all!
In my Aurora, at the headphone output, the whistle of mobile communications is almost constantly audible, quiet, but audible enough on a pause. Even when the mobile phone is far away - closer or even has no effect. It also does not affect whether the USB cable is connected, and the bluetooth antenna, or not. Level of volume does not affect too.

Has anyone experienced this besides me? And how can this be fixed?Such a great DAC, but such a nasty problem...The bluetooth itself works fine, I would not want to resort to surgery - cut the power of the bluetooth block. Maybe somewhere to solder capacitors for example?

Thanks!
mine pick up interference when my phone is close and I'm on a call or it rings but I don't have your issue.

Jun 9, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #96 of 123
hi all!
In my Aurora, at the headphone output, the whistle of mobile communications OR power supplay is almost constantly audible, quiet, but audible enough on a pause. Even when the mobile phone is far away - closer or even has no effect. It also does not affect whether the USB cable is connected, and the bluetooth antenna, or not. Level of volume does not affect too.

Has anyone experienced this besides me? And how can this be fixed?Such a great DAC, but such a nasty problem...

Thanks!
hi my friend may I ask which phone you are using and what cable you are using? so that we may friend out the reason that is happening.

Jun 29, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #98 of 123
Hello mates, looking to buy one from ebay.co.uk for £405.65 shipped from Cina.
My headphones are:
Beyerdynamic Amiron Home
Beyerdynamic DT 880 pro 250ohm Black le
Drop Hd6xx
AKG K712 Pro
(won't consider the IEMs fiio fh5 as I'm not using them with my desktop pc)
Will this one be OK driving these phones in se?
Do I need any balanced cable for some of them?
Using it in usb only with my pc (music and gaming).
Also does this heat up (being a Class A amp)? If too much I won't buy it, don't really like them heating up too much.

Jun 29, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #99 of 123
Hello mates, looking to buy one from ebay.co.uk for £405.65 shipped from Cina.
My headphones are:
Beyerdynamic Amiron Home
Beyerdynamic DT 880 pro 250ohm Black le
Drop Hd6xx
AKG K712 Pro
(won't consider the IEMs fiio fh5 as I'm not using them with my desktop pc)
Will this one be OK driving these phones in se?
Do I need any balanced cable for some of them?
Using it in usb only with my pc (music and gaming).
Also does this heat up (being a Class A amp)? If too much I won't buy it, don't really like them heating up too much.
It's ideal for the headphones you mentioned and you don't really need to go balanced. It does get quite warm but nothing extreme.

Jul 10, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #101 of 123
Hello guys, sorry if this a dumb question but since I'm pretty new to speakers I will ask anyway:
Can I use the Aurora with the Edifier R1700BTs speakers ?
If so, I would select the "DAC" switch on the back, right (or can I use the "Pre-amp" option too ? Should I use the "pre-amp" option with an active speaker like the R1700BTs ?) ?
And the correct chain would be: PC's USB -> USB port on the back of the Aurora -> Aurora's RCA output -> R1700BTs RCA input, correct ?
If I undestood correctly, this speaker is an active speaker and don't need any extra amplification, but I don't want to use it with the DAC on my motherboard, I want to use it with Aurora's DAC.....

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #102 of 123
Hello guys, sorry if this a dumb question but since I'm pretty new to speakers I will ask anyway:
Can I use the Aurora with the Edifier R1700BTs speakers ?
If so, I would select the "DAC" switch on the back, right (or can I use the "Pre-amp" option too ? Should I use the "pre-amp" option with an active speaker like the R1700BTs ?) ?
And the correct chain would be: PC's USB -> USB port on the back of the Aurora -> Aurora's RCA output -> R1700BTs RCA input, correct ?
If I undestood correctly, this speaker is an active speaker and don't need any extra amplification, but I don't want to use it with the DAC on my motherboard, I want to use it with Aurora's DAC.....
Yes you can use it. The chain is as you describe it. The Edifier has it's own volume adjustment so I would use the fixed DAC out of the Aurora.

Jul 11, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #103 of 123
I am going to use my Edifier s351db active speakers (occasionally) with my new Aurora (arriving tomorrow) but in the preamp mode.
That's a preamp meant for, it ain't an amp for passive speakers.
But you can use it in dac mode as well I suppose.

Jul 11, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #104 of 123
I am going to use my Edifier s351db active speakers (occasionally) with my new Aurora (arriving tomorrow) but in the preamp mode.
That's a preamp meant for, it ain't an amp for passive speakers.
But you can use it in dac mode as well I suppose.
The preamp is usually better for pairing with power amplifiers or active speakers without their own volume control.
In your case you will be using two different volume controls that might degrade the sound but experimenting is good. Test and decide what is better.

Jul 12, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #105 of 123
The preamp is usually better for pairing with power amplifiers or active speakers without their own volume control.
In your case you will be using two different volume controls that might degrade the sound but experimenting is good. Test and decide what is better.
About those speakers and their coonection.
I'm reading about these Cardas Cygnus rocket high price cables and although I would never buy any rca cable that expensive I was just curious if they sound really sound magical.

https://www.audiosoundmusic.com/pro...lear-cygnus-rca-to-rca?variant=42285924450554

And speaking of rca interconnect audio cables, I've already got some Van Damme OFC ones.
Do you think some of these cheap cinese cables would be better?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354681217671?var=624036217858

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back