Sponsor: Yulong Audio
- Aug 23, 2012
DA-ART Aurora, the new compact MQA-ready All-in-One DAC/Pre/Head-Amp from YULONG Audio will makes its worldwide debut in CanJam Singapore 2022. The SRP of Aurora is US$520 and it will be available by 2 April 2022.
Leading Edge DAC
YULONG DA-ART Aurora is designed around the latest ESS ES9068AS 32-bit DAC chipset with XMOS XU216 USB solution and facilitates 768kHz, DSD512 and 8x MQA decoding capability. This is our first attempt to incorporate MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) technology. This is an award-winning British technology that delivers the sound of the original master recording. The master MQA file is fully authenticated and is small enough to stream or download.
Despite of the very compact design, the Aurora offers extensive input and output options. It accepts USB Audio, S/PDIF Coaxial, Optical and analogue line inputs. Our MAS (Mobile Audio Source) has enabled the USB input to work with iOS and Android mobile devices as well as regular Windows, Mac and Linux computers.
High Performance Headphone Amplifier
You can use the Aurora as a pure DAC through the RCA or XLR analog line out but majority users will explore the full potential of Aurora and use it as an DAC/Head-Amp. The headphone amplifier of Aurora deserves a special mention because this is by no mean a cost cutting implementation. YULONG has designed a fully balanced discrete Class A circuit in this compact device that delivers up to 4000mW per channel (at 32Ω), you can drive a wide choice of headphones to satisfactory performance. The newly developed AC-DC regen power supply system can provide up to 5A transient current, together with the exotic LPF and low impedance line driver, the head-amp circuit delivers immense energy and headroom. With choice of XLR4, 4.4mm and 6.35mm phone output, the Aurora is a jewel when serve as desktop DAC/Amp.
Analogue Pre-Amp and Versatile interface
One of YULONG’s innovative designs is to convert the discrete Class A Head-Amp circuit to exceptional Class A Pre-amp through optimized switching circuit. The RCA and XLR output will doubled as pre-amp output for active speakers and create a Desk-Fi system effectively. Last but not least, the analogue line input enables to Aurora to serve as a pure pre-amp or pure head-amp, making Aurora a truly multi-purposes All-in-One for different needs.
To ensure Aurora performs satisfactory in our setup, we have tested the Aurora in numerous Personal and Home Audio systems, and bring in senior musicians and audiophiles during the audition and fine tune process. We are confident that Aurora will meet your needs because it measures exceptional well, and delivers high fidelity and outstanding musicality at the same time.
- USB Audio supports up to DSD512, 768kHz in PCM and MQA decoding up to 8x.
- Coaxial and optical input support upto DoP128 and 384kHz in PCM and MQA decoding up to 8x.
- MQA technology through USB, coaxial and optical inputs, enable you to play back MQA audio files and streams, delivering the sound of the original master recording.
- DAC based on 2021 announced ES9068AS chipset
- Latest XMOS XU216 solution with NDK ultra low phase noise oscillator
- Exotic LPF and line driver design with 9 pieces of OPA1612
- Powerful fully balanced discrete Class A headphone amplifier deliver up to 4000mW per channel at 32Ω, performs satisfactory from 16Ω to 600Ω loading.
- F ully balanced discrete Class A pre-amplifier with RCA and XLR output for active speakers.
- MAS (Mobile Audio Source), special attention to enhance support to Android and iOS mobile and tablet devices
- Comprehensive input and output interface: USB Audio, Coaxial, Optical, RCA Line in, RCA and XLR Line/Pre-Out, and XLR4, 4.4mm and 6.35mm headphone output.
- Independent Vref regulated, ultra-low-noise LDO linear power supply.
- Newly developed regenerative energy storage high power supply.
- Modern, compact and sleek aluminum chassis in high quality seamless finishing.
- Intuitive control through single high precision probably-damped volume knob.
- 200mmx165mm footprint and 52 mm high, a compact and desktop friendly design for multi-function All-in-One.
For more information about Aurora, please visit YULONG website.
For more information about MQA, please visit MQA