Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Sep 30, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #603 of 779
I have found that the PK3/2 tends to stay in my ears better than some others. I think they might be a little smaller, so, if you have big ear canals, this might be an issue. I also like the doughnut foamies. They tend to open up the sound a little.

Sep 30, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #604 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by ucrags84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is a group-buy price of $25 for the Pk3?

Where can I find it? The prices I am seeing are $40

Group buy is long, long over.

Oct 3, 2009 at 7:01 AM Post #606 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamloco724 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do more people use the full covered foams or the doughnut ones?..and if so why one over the other,,and any tips on how to get the doughnuts on lol

I use the full covered foams because they're more comfortable. You might have to use a knife to split the dough nuts apart (that's what i had to do).

Oct 4, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #607 of 779
I got my earphones last week, and they have been great so far. However, in my right earbud, there is a popping sound when the music/bass becomes strong. Something similar to the popping sound the iPod earphones would make when volume was played loud/bass was too strong. This problem should started happening a few days ago. Left earbud does not have this problem. Should I look for an exchange?

Oct 6, 2009 at 8:10 AM Post #609 of 779
Yes, the cable is quite a problem. I'm now at my third pair of PK3, they have changed the plug design, but I doubt it will prevent the cable from breaking, as it seems to be more of a cable than plug problem. An L-shaped plug would be much better. Anyway, I love the sound, can't stand any kind of IEMs, and the PK series fits my ears perfectly, I can wear them for hours and hours without any discomfort...there simply are no alternatives for me.

Oct 6, 2009 at 10:16 AM Post #611 of 779
my YUIN PK3 only few months old has just started to rattle in the R-side, I just dont know why it should do that, it can't seems to take the bass like it use to?? Anyone know why?

Oct 6, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #612 of 779
@Akash --

I've had this problem intermittently with my PK3s, but have always been able to make it disappear by either (a) flicking my fingernail sharply against the housing, (b) giving the offending bud a rap against a tabletop or other surface, or (c) holding the back of the housing to my lips and inhaling gently to draw air through the vent holes. I imagine there might be a particle of glue or other gunk that occasionally comes loose, and these methods serve to relocate the object so that the rattle is (temporarily) eliminated. YMMV, of course.

Oct 6, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #614 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Jonathan.Siegel for that, I shall try this.
Whats YMMV?

Your Miles May Vary.
I used to use the donuts but switched to Belkin's color foams. I put a blue on the left and a red on the right so I can easily distinguish between the two channels. Plus, they look more professional and unique
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #615 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by neco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys I just ordered a new pair of PK3's due to my last pair's right side crapping out on me due to the 3.5mm jack problem. The new pair looks like it has a re-designed jack with a more elastic rubber guard. I've included a pic and hopefully this new design with alleviate some of the problems with Yuin earphones dying out on one side or the other. Great to have these back really missed them while they MIA.

Edit: The new ones are on the left

IMG_0437.jpg

As an update to my previous post it appears the new plug design has not resolved the problem with the Yuin PK3's. This morning on the way to work my right earbug died. This is my 3rd PK3 to have died in this fashion, as well my ex also had a pair die on her in the same way. I really like the sound of the PK3 but I may have to find alternatives as this is getting too expensive to keep replacing them every few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back