Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Mar 17, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #391 of 779
Just got 'em in the mail. Like them. They are soooooooooooo comfortable. They're going to be great for sleeping w/. Bass is kind of boxy. Maybe that will resolve some in time. Mids are prominent which I'm not used to but I like it. Worth the $39 for sure. No canal phone itchy ears!

Wonder how much they improve w/ burn in...

Mar 17, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #392 of 779
they improve noticeably after burn-in... im very happy with mine
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #393 of 779
Too bad mine had a problem with the bass rattling, so I had to send it back. Enjoying my PK1s though.

Mar 17, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #395 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too bad mine had a problem with the bass rattling, so I had to send it back. Enjoying my PK1s though.

Damn, mine struggles with any sort of bass-enhancing EQ changes which is annoying, maybe i've got the same problem?

Mar 19, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #396 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by thwood3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wonder how much they improve w/ burn in...

Well, dude, got to tell ya, they improve a lot w/ burn in. For $39 these things KILL!

Mar 19, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #400 of 779
Donuts? Yes. I don't want to lose any treble detail. I listen to a lot of very detailed and dynamic music: todd sickafoose for instance. Just youtube but this is the type stuff YouTube - Todd Sickafoose - Tiny Resistors. Actually I'm eclectic. High Llamas to Miles Davis to Bill Frisell to Sam Rivers. And the quasi jamband stuff like MMW and Charlie Hunter.

How are the PFE treating you? Some ppl say they really improve w/ an amp...

Mar 19, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #401 of 779
Quote:

I ~almost~ got the PFE's then decided I wasn't going to get anything that even maybe required [size=small][size=large][size=small]mucking around with an amp[/size][/size][/size]. Clip + PK3 is one lean clean music machine!

You and I share the same sentiments! Why lug something around when you got great sound already?! I'm still amazed at how good my Clip & PK3 sound together! The ONLY IEMs I may consider somewhere down the line (and perhaps if i win the lottery) are the IE8's.

Mar 19, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #404 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by GrooveRite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ONLY IEMs I may consider somewhere down the line (and perhaps if i win the lottery) are the IE8's.

The monster turbines might substitute as 90% of the IE8 sound for 50% of the cost. The PK3 as 70% of the IE8 sound for 15% of the $
bigsmile_face.gif
And no amps required for any of them.

Mar 19, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #405 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
from what i've read, the pk1 sounds much better than the pk3 but also requires an amp to reach it's potential

So the PK1 UNAMPED sounds comparable to the PK3?! If the PK1 sounds better than the PK3 unamped, then I'd be interested.

Quote:

The monster turbines might substitute as 90% of the IE8 sound for 50% of the cost. The PK3 as 70% of the IE8 sound for 15% of the $
bigsmile_face.gif
And no amps required for any of them.

Nice! Thanks for the break down! I suppose I can look into the monster turbines now for gym use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back