Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Apr 19, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #226 of 779
^you have to replace that plug yourself but sadly since the cord is short to begin with that may not be good to do.

Apr 27, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #227 of 779
im reaaaaaally interested in yuin pk3. they are usd 45 here, and ksc75 is usd 25.
i started using ksc75 for a few months. love the bass, since i mainly listened to hip hop/pop (i.e gimme more by u-kno-who). i love ksc75 to death, until one day. i wake up and found my koss left ear is not working. i twist it, shake it, but nothing happened. its broken, and cant be repaired. so, for replacement i used px200, and i started to crave for details.
but

Apr 27, 2008 at 12:48 PM Post #228 of 779
(^oh, shi*! i pushed the post button accidently... but oh, well. continued...)
but i think its time for me to chance earphone, since pmx200 is pressing my ears too hard. i was confused between ksc75 or pk3. is the extra dollars i spend on pk3 will be worth it? from i what ive read, i think pk3 sq is between ksc75 and pmx200. and 2nd, will it be durable? cause senns are pricey, but at least they dont tear easily. yuin is durable too, right??
thx!

Apr 27, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #229 of 779
The PK3 is a significant upgrade in SQ from the KSC75. I haven't heard the pmx200 so I can't respond to that. The difference is like going from analog TV to HDTV.

If you're rough on your gear then any IEM or ear bud is not going to last long. My PK3s are for sports and active use. I haven't noticed any unusual wear issues, but mine is not long term experience.

Apr 27, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #230 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by neverover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im reaaaaaally interested in yuin pk3. they are usd 45 here, and ksc75 is usd 25.
i started using ksc75 for a few months. love the bass, since i mainly listened to hip hop/pop (i.e gimme more by u-kno-who). i love ksc75 to death, until one day. i wake up and found my koss left ear is not working. i twist it, shake it, but nothing happened. its broken, and cant be repaired. so, for replacement i used px200, and i started to crave for details.
but

Koss offers lifetime guarantees on its phones, I believe. Chec,k their website.

Apr 27, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #231 of 779
^lifetime for those in us or mexico. and im from indonesia... so...
and im not really a rough user. i just tend to fell asleep on my bed while listening to it. the fiber might riped when i tossed around while im sleeping...

May 31, 2008 at 12:08 PM Post #233 of 779
Just got mine today too - replacement for my E888's whose cable i mangled.

Pro's over the E888's
- better construction
- better fit (for me anyway)
- nice box!

Con's
- weird rubbery cable (don't particularly like these types of cables)

Seems like a worthy successor to the E888's which were the best earbuds i'd heard till this point in time for the price (PK3 undercut E888 by like $15-$20 too!)

Jul 1, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #234 of 779
I exchanged PK2's for PK3's and am very pleased. The highs were a little nicer on the PK2's but the bass on the PK3's is better. The PK3's now have "Y" cable as well. They blow my old Sennheiser buds away. Cheers!

Jul 17, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #235 of 779
do the Yuin PK3s sound a little off-center to anyone else? Mine are very left side-oriented, with the volume higher on the left and the right a lot more quiet. It's probably just my headphones, but I wanted to poll you guys just to see.

Jul 18, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #237 of 779
Holy, just wanted to say this. Pk3's benefit from dac/amp's. This is probably goest to every other headphone/earphone too, but it truly shows it's bassy side.

btw i'm using a ibasso d2 boa. Not fully burned, but i like it!

Jul 19, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #238 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by gee bake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do the Yuin PK3s sound a little off-center to anyone else? Mine are very left side-oriented, with the volume higher on the left and the right a lot more quiet. It's probably just my headphones, but I wanted to poll you guys just to see.

Mine turned into something like that when they broke, only the right earbud was hollow instead of just abit quieter. by hollow I mean the audio sounded distant and there was no bass, I could feel the left earbud shaking in my ear and the right on just sat there.

Jul 21, 2008 at 7:36 AM Post #239 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by gee bake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a similar problem, except the bass is quiter on the left side, but it isn't because of the buds. There's just an asymmetry in my ears/ear canals that causes a looser fit on the left side.

Aug 7, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #240 of 779
I can get these at a store for like $30... Worth buying? But these earbuds don't block sound at all right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back