Yuin PK1-PK2 impressions thread
Sep 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #976 of 1,068
Does anyone have exerience of using the PK'1's un-amped..say with a Cowon J3. Is it really neccesary to use an amp with these?

Sep 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #977 of 1,068
I'm sure it is dependent on the output strength of your DAP, but for me, there is a noticeable difference between the output of my Fuze and that of my Fiio E11.

It's good to see this thread is still somewhat active. I got my PK1's two weeks ago and absolutely love them. A little more bass than my M2C's and more clear than my PK3's.

Oct 2, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #978 of 1,068
I plan on ordering a pair of PK1's within the next week or so but have just a couple questions about them.
How cheap and flimsy do they feel? How much does the sounds change when the ear cusions are used? thanks in advance.

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #980 of 1,068
Compared to the Blox M2c's, the PK1's feel much more solid to me. They are smaller, but by no means delicate.

I never use mine without the foam donuts, but I would venture to say the sound is less bassy (better "seal" with foam) and there is no question they are more comfortable with foam pads.

Oct 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #981 of 1,068
Bummed that I have no idea where I put my PK2. Been using my Senn PX100 in the meantime. Does anyone know how the OC3 compare to the PK2?

Oct 14, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #984 of 1,068
hmmm, would it be accurate to say that un-amped they are on a par with PK 2's but amped they rise to their full potential?
so they are not really worth buying if you already have a set of PK2's but they are if you intend to use them amped? 

Oct 14, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #985 of 1,068
Quote:
hmmm, would it be accurate to say that un-amped they are on a par with PK 2's but amped they rise to their full potential?
so they are not really worth buying if you already have a set of PK2's but they are if you intend to use them amped? 

No, I wouldn't say that.  I had the PK1and I still the PK2.  The PK1 really needs to be amped to push some quality sound.  I think they are still good un amped, but they are just missing a lot.  The PK2 has a much better soundstage than the PK1.  There is little to no bass in the PK2, but the mids are fantastic and the soundstage is incredible.  Still hard to believe it's an earbud. 

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #986 of 1,068
Hello

Wanted to share my experience with the PK2.

I bought a first pair from a high rated ebay seller. The L and R sounded different. Like if they where from differents products.

L has a lot (to much i think) of bass, R sounded more flat.

I noticed the problem imediately (and i am absolutely not the "picky audiophile" person)

(Of course i tried with wav/mp3 mono tracks on various equipement etc..)

I reported to the seller that sent me a replacement. The new one (i know it wasnt the same pair because i got it before sending the first one) sound exactly the same (L = bass / R = flat).

I don't know what to think. Only wanted an "OK" earphone but got crap.

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #987 of 1,068
I just bought a modified Yuin PK1 off of eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111005446812?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

and want to share my thoughts on the sound quality. To put it simply, I am shocked at how good they sound with classical music. They produce great high and low string sound, have an airy top end without grain or sibilance, very satisfying bass, great soundstaging and separation of instruments, and excellent dynamics.

They seem to get better the longer I burn them in, which right now is at about the 100 hour mark. I am using them with an Apple Classic 5th Gen and a FiiO E11 amp, and highly recommend a separate amp to take the SQ to another level due to their high 150 ohm impedance. At their current selling price of $75.55 (including shipping) it would seem to me that you can not go wrong with these. The customer service is great from these guys too (audiothinker is their seller name). Enjoy!

Apr 9, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #988 of 1,068
I also bought a pair modified Yuin PK1 off of eBay from the same seller (audiothinker). They allowed me to choose the colour wire I wanted, so I chose black. Since they arrived, I immediately fell in love with them, but I have been a little skeptical about somethings.

Since I am a first time buyer/owner of the PK1s, I wasn't really sure what to look for. The seller sells PK2s that look exactly the same as my PK1s they shipped. I have read that the PK1s are harder to drive, but when I plug them in to my 3rd gen iPod touch or my Macbook Pro the volume is the same in comparison with my Apple earpods. I have also read that the bass is better in the PK1s and it gets better with more using/burn in, but I don't really have a comparison to what a better bass sounds like.

I only recent became more picky about sound quality and I really enjoy music, but I have not honed my hears to become an audiophile yet(though I would like to be). I was wondering if anyone had any hints in helping me confirm if they are PK1s?

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #989 of 1,068
Has anyone here tried the Sunrise Audio Dragon2?

For $120 they are excellent, would probably sound great with a tube amp, but i use them with my JDS O2, and they sound great.

Titanium driver, silver voice coil, 120ohm

May 1, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #990 of 1,068
Just bought my first ever earbuds, which just so happen to be the PK1's. I'm wondering, does anyone here have any experience with earbuds covers (aka enhancers), particularly in use with the PK1's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back