Yuin PK1-PK2 impressions thread
Apr 23, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #602 of 1,068
I use iAudio7 and PK1 unamped, and its satisfying. Not quite as good as amped but most of the way there. More than enough volume and great quality.

Apr 23, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #603 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuesday /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about iAudio 7 and unamped PK1´s?

Unamped, I prefer to use the PK2's with my iAudio7.

Apr 23, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #604 of 1,068
Ok ... back to square one then
wink.gif

Well, you have to listen by yourself of course. But I´m aiming at the absolutely best sound in the smallest package. I will order a pair of Yuin´s, but can´t decide (as many else) which ones.

For the moment I drive PX100´s with a Stone+ as a source and having a bitrate at 320. But I´m not quite happy. Something is missing. I think the iAudio 7 and a pair of Yiun´s will make the difference.

I listen to mostly aqoustic sort of jazz, with a bit of metal in between (yes, it comes from the same group who are called Esbjorn Svensson Trio .. yammie!).

Any better suggestions?

Thanks for answering, dancecat and b0di!

Apr 28, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #605 of 1,068
Yippee!

Today my PK2's arrived! I can just second all the positive reactions about these phones. They sound really great, and that right out from the box!

These little buggers sit tight and are really comfortable in my ears, can't nearly feel them at all. On top of that they really deliver!

Must thank HeadRoom for their extremly fast delivery service
biggrin.gif
They recived my order on friday 25:th of may, and I´m wearing my PK2´s now at lunchtime monday 28:th of may (I live in Sweden)!

Must stop writing now and close my eyes and just listen ...

Apr 28, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #606 of 1,068
Just got my PK1s in the mail! There is plenty of bass in these babies. I dont think I will ever pick up my PX100s again...

A bit of microphonics is the only complaint so far.

Soundstage is great.

Going back to listening.

May 1, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #607 of 1,068
Hey, I just ordered PK1's and was thinking of which DAP should I buy for em. I was thinking of iRiver Clix2 8gb version. I'm going to use 'em unamped. For starters at least.

Is the iRiver good choice for PK1's or should I buy some other DAP? I'm ready to use ~200 euros for it.

Here's something I'd like to see in it:

2gb+ size,
line-out wouldn't hurt,
doesn't matter if it can or can't play videos,
about 100-200e price range,
_good_ sound quality.
flac support wouldn't hurt either.
smily_headphones1.gif

And what amp do you guys use, portable that is? I'm not sure will I ever buy one but I'd like to know what would do it's job, and about how much they cost.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for help in advance!

May 21, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #608 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinisterm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I just ordered PK1's and was thinking of which DAP should I buy for em. I was thinking of iRiver Clix2 8gb version. I'm going to use 'em unamped. For starters at least.

Is the iRiver good choice for PK1's or should I buy some other DAP? I'm ready to use ~200 euros for it.

Here's something I'd like to see in it:

2gb+ size,
line-out wouldn't hurt,
doesn't matter if it can or can't play videos,
about 100-200e price range,
_good_ sound quality.
flac support wouldn't hurt either.
smily_headphones1.gif

And what amp do you guys use, portable that is? I'm not sure will I ever buy one but I'd like to know what would do it's job, and about how much they cost.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for help in advance!

I've been using my new PK2's for about a week now, I wanted them to use with my shuffle as a portable rig. I've been using my PX100's for a couple of years (1st replacement from my stock iPod buds). These were not to replace them but to just give me another option. Well I think it may be time to put the PX100's in retirement. I can't believe the upgrade in performance with these new earbuds. Just a question, does anyone use an amp with these, and do they improve the sound any. Not that they need any improvement.

May 25, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #609 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by inthecup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been using my new PK2's for about a week now, I wanted them to use with my shuffle as a portable rig. I've been using my PX100's for a couple of years (1st replacement from my stock iPod buds). These were not to replace them but to just give me another option. Well I think it may be time to put the PX100's in retirement. I can't believe the upgrade in performance with these new earbuds. Just a question, does anyone use an amp with these, and do they improve the sound any. Not that they need any improvement.

They benefit a little from amping, but not very much at all. I found that Yuin PK3 and PK1 benefited more from my Minibox E, especially the PK1.

Jun 2, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #610 of 1,068
I'm really curious how good is PK2 in comparison with B&O A8? I read somewhere that it's a bit below A8. Is that true?
I'm currently having A8 and wondering if it's a worth upgrade to PK2.

Jun 2, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #611 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by babi12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really curious how good is PK2 in comparison with B&O A8? I read somewhere that it's a bit below A8. Is that true?
I'm currently having A8 and wondering if it's a worth upgrade to PK2.

I'm going to say, no. I've not heard the A8 in person, but I was a very avid fan of my ATH-EC7s that I chose over the A8 after much research and information gathering. Everything I could find out indicated the ATH-EC7 were at least as good and probably better sounding than the A8s for a cheaper price tag.

I wound up switching to PK2s after I killed yet another $115 set of ATH-EC7s (I'm evil with headphone cords
frown.gif
). They were an acceptable replacement for less money, but they were definitely not an upgrade. If we assume the ATH-EC7 and A8 are similar quality, then you will not be improving your lot by buying the PK2.

Jun 6, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #614 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gah...just waiting for my pk2 to come in is torture. Haha..and reading this tread makes me itch for the pk1. I don't doubt the sq that will come from these buds!

Same here, I just ordered my PK2 from Fang 2 days ago, and just got the email that it was shipped. Can't wait!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back