Yuin PK1-PK2 impressions thread
Sep 28, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #256 of 1,068
Hmmm, you'd better not hook up the PK1s to your favorite amp, else you won't get to work. They are even better than the PK2s, from my experience. On the other hand, I just bought a pair of PK3s, for working out, also a great ear bud from Yuin.

Sep 28, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #258 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by zkn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh sh1te.

got some pk1s incoming.. should I leave my resignation already?

how do they compare to er6i amped?

er6i? I haven't listened to the er6i in 2 years (sold them a long time ago), but I'd say they offer a much more balanced sound, with less dependence on mids and highs. But it's been too long for me to tell. I can say, I favored them over the ER4P, which is a better phone than the er6i, so that says something. At least from my POV. But you may not agree.

Only one way to tell. Burn them in, hook them up, and ive them a serious A/B test with your 6is amped.

Sep 28, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #260 of 1,068
If you read back over this long thread, there are some who consider the PK1s to be ear bud versions of the MS1s. I don't have the latter, but I do have the SR80s, and I prefer the PK1 sound, especially considering the form factor, as ear buds really are comfy for me.

I didn't say the er6i's lack bass, but to get good bass from them requires EQ, a great seal, and an amp helps too.

Sep 28, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #261 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's a good sub-$200 amp for these? I know the Tomahawk is supposed to drive them well, but I just can't justify spending more on an amp than the phones themselves.
plainface.gif

If possible I prefer something that also has a DAC so I can use them out of a computer without the crappy sound card I have right now.

In this case I will suggest Beresford. To me it is really a good value as a DAC/HA combo especially for computer setup.

Sep 28, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #262 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm, you'd better not hook up the PK1s to your favorite amp, else you won't get to work. They are even better than the PK2s, from my experience. On the other hand, I just bought a pair of PK3s, for working out, also a great ear bud from Yuin.

x2 on that. After I got PK1, I put my PK2 in my bag and only use it on the way I commute back home -- 2 hours one way though.

Oct 1, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #263 of 1,068
Ok... I made an impulse buy which I'm surprisingly not regretting like my other ones. I'm getting PK1s... now I need an amp...

Any of you people recommend a good amp for the PK1s for around $60-80 shipped to Toronto? I used to have a PA2V2 and I kinda want an improvement over them.

Oct 1, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #264 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok... I made an impulse buy which I'm surprisingly not regretting like my other ones. I'm getting PK1s... now I need an amp...

Any of you people recommend a good amp for the PK1s for around $60-80 shipped to Toronto? I used to have a PA2V2 and I kinda want an improvement over them.

Try the Pa2V2 first, and see what you think. I had one, and it was okay. As an inexpensive alternative, you can check out the Penguin amps, cause the one I have, which was $60 shipped from Germany, sounds great with the PK1. Visit www.penguinamp.com. They have new models, one is $50 and the other is $79.

Oct 1, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #265 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif

2007Sep30212557minibox-d-1.jpg

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Oct 1, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #266 of 1,068
LOL nice and clear Nankai but it's too expensive once it gets shipped over here and I don't have PayPal only Money Order
frown.gif
... but any other suggestions... any of the Go Vibes good paired with the PK1s?

Oct 2, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #267 of 1,068
Hmm, i ordered a set of PK2s from head direct on the 14th of sept and still haven't received them: does it usually take that long for it to arrive?

Oct 2, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #268 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by rummtumm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, i ordered a set of PK2s from head direct on the 14th of sept and still haven't received them: does it usually take that long for it to arrive?

Pls PM me your name and address.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Oct 2, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #269 of 1,068
Wow... I just got the PK1s and I've been listening to them non-stop... WOW...the sound is so ambient... everything seems so be floating around you, amazing. But I definetely need an amp, on my Clix2, the bass sounds like a water balloon hitting a window instead of the usual "thump".

I've narrowed it down to the mSeed Spirit Amp and the Mini3. Which one would be better for the PK1?

Oct 3, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #270 of 1,068
Glad you like them. I feel the same way. They are my favorite phone, even more than the SR-80s. You don't like them with the PA2v2? They sound super both with my Microshar and Penguin. No need to spend alot (the Microshar is about $135, I believe). But the mSeed amp is also rated pretty highly. You ain't heard nothing yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back