Yuin PK1-PK2 impressions thread
Aug 20, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #211 of 1,068
I have been testing the PK1's for a week, so far I have noticed that the highs sound pretty harsh and piercing unless I use the foams provided, bass also improves a lot with this measure. Unfortunately, I can't wear the earbud + foam combination for too long before my ears start to hurt
frown.gif
. Has anybody else experienced this problem?

Aug 20, 2007 at 5:44 AM Post #212 of 1,068
i'm using donut pads on my PK2, it suits me just well, hanging tight in my ear, absolute comfort, after 5 mins, i don't feel plucking anything to my ear

Aug 20, 2007 at 7:25 AM Post #213 of 1,068
Don't have any issues either, especially with the Radio Shack foamies to replace yuin's regular ones. The earbuds probably benefit my smaller ears, whereas I've got a few pair of Sony Earbuds and they are much larger which annoyed me over time, but the Yuin's just blend into my ears and the only thing that reminds me that I have them on is the large cord that gets snagged now and then.....but totally agree, the pads are essential to taming the highs.

Aug 21, 2007 at 6:09 AM Post #215 of 1,068
Quote:

Hi does anyone know if there is a UK or European outlet selling yuin's ? i'd order from the States, but for the risk of tax on top of what seems like quite high S&H charges.

Try,

http://yuin.7.forumer.com/index.php

Aug 21, 2007 at 10:27 AM Post #217 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by Strife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been testing the PK1's for a week, so far I have noticed that the highs sound pretty harsh and piercing unless I use the foams provided, bass also improves a lot with this measure. Unfortunately, I can't wear the earbud + foam combination for too long before my ears start to hurt
frown.gif
. Has anybody else experienced this problem?

The PK1's are quite neutral yet sensitive to equalization and amplification. They are excellent even at low volume levels, provided you are listening on a quiet place. If you boost the eq too much, the PK1s will repond suit. May I ask what amp you're using these with? Eq? Volume level? Source?

Aug 22, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #219 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The PK1's are quite neutral yet sensitive to equalization and amplification. They are excellent even at low volume levels, provided you are listening on a quiet place. If you boost the eq too much, the PK1s will repond suit. May I ask what amp you're using these with? Eq? Volume level? Source?

Well, I'm not using any amp at all, somehow I'm satisfied with the source alone which I'm somewhat embarrassed to confess it's an Audigy 1 sound card (and soon also an iPod Shuffle 2nd gen). Equalizer is always flat with foobar2000 setup with kernel streaming. Most of my music is encoded in lossless formats (APE, FLAC, WV, etc.). Volume level, I guess it varies between 60-90% depending on the source, the Audigy believe it or not is even able to drive my HD650s and HD580s at these volume levels.

Aug 22, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #221 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by urabus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where can i order a Y-cable version of the PK2? It seems that TTVJ & HeadRoom sell only the J-cable version? Thanks.

You can get it straight from Head-Direct.

Aug 23, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #222 of 1,068
I got a pair from YUIN UK.
I am very impressed with it. It has similar signature to my KSC35 but more smooth, clear and less fatiguing.

I will burn it in for 100 hours and do a full review!

Aug 24, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #223 of 1,068
Just got in a second pair for my wife. This pair sounds really good also
icon10.gif

The box they came in is a little different than my set. Gold colored box with artwork instead of brown cardboard and mahogany colored box.

I've been having some trouble with the right earpiece occasionally shifting or falling out...especially if I'm moving around.

I've been contemplating a mini-mod to stretch a small black rubber band or flat o-ring around the perimeter of the earpiece on top of the foam. This should slightly increase it's diameter, and provide a surface that won't slide easily against the surface of my ear.

Anyone got any ideas in this area?

Aug 25, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #224 of 1,068
You might want to try Radio Shack foamies (if you're in the U.S.). They are thicker than the stock foams, so that might help keep the earpiece in.

IMO, the thicker foams sound better, too.

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back