Yuin PK1-PK2 impressions thread
Sep 9, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #1,053 of 1,068
I have a pk1 and an e17 amp, its been 3 years. Now I want to upgrade my amp, any suggestion ?:D
What are you looking for (portability, $X, DAC+amp)? What is your source (computer, DAP, phone, iPod, USB, RCA)? What don't you like about the E17?

Sep 9, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #1,054 of 1,068
What are you looking for (portability, $X, DAC+amp)? What is your source (computer, DAP, phone, iPod, USB, RCA)? What don't you like about the E17?

Actually, my e17 work pretty good but I dont like my amp has a screen and its battery isnt good as it used to be.
I'm looking for an portable amp only, but maybe an amp+dac is good when listening with my pc. Currently, im using my iphone as primary sources for music.Hope this clarifies my preference :)

Sep 10, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #1,055 of 1,068
I've tried my PK1 with a few amps, but my favorite pairing for portable listening is with a JDSLabs cMoyBB v2.03. I don't know how it compares to the E17, but wow it sounds good on that cMoy. YMMV, of course.

Jan 10, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #1,056 of 1,068
Is the PK1 as fragile as the PK2 and PK3? I've used PK2 and PK3 for years and like them a lot, but usually have to replace them within a year because of wire breakage around the plug or earpiece. Now have a headphone amp and thinking about getting a PK1, but I might continue with PK2 if the durability is the same.

Jan 15, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #1,058 of 1,068
I have have no first hand knowledge of the sound of the Yuin Pk 1,2 or 3, I have read some of the response and have been very impressed with the post on the sound quality of these earbuds. I was wondering if I could get a few comments on an email I got from Amazon through my history of researching earbuds on their web page. It was a quote on the price of the Yuin ok1 $346.00 CDN, I have been looking at Shure 425,, the Dunu 2000j, Rha T20 etc. I to put some serious thought into rewiring those buds (PK1) if they sound like they would need the upgrade. Back to the point the PK1 is listed at 189.27 v the OK1 at 346.00 how much though would you give to the OK or is the PK1 the go to bud because best value for the buck.

Jan 15, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #1,059 of 1,068
I would recommend getting a VE Zen or equivalent instead. Beat my burned in PK1 out of the box. PK1 was best for its time (I got mine 6 years ago) but there are many other options that have surpassed it. Dont get me wrong, they still sound good but for the price, it would do you well to consider other options on the earbud roundup thread where there are similar high end options.

Jan 15, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #1,060 of 1,068
Thanks for your input right now it a second thought I'll break down later there is an itch now so I'll be scratch up some funds later. Right now I really don't need to replace my buds I got a short in the plug and had them fixed (them being Sony hear in) I have an itch right now although I though about the NC model and decided for a change in sound. I actually ordered a pair of PK2 on Amazon.com and ran into the problem of not being able to access my Amazon account (has to be Amazon.ca) so I canceled the order the result being are taking a back seat to the Dunu 2000j are front runner right now with the Sure 425 losing ground.

May 29, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #1,062 of 1,068
I've tried my PK1 with a few amps, but my favorite pairing for portable listening is with a JDSLabs cMoyBB v2.03. I don't know how it compares to the E17, but wow it sounds good on that cMoy. YMMV, of course.

I second the JDS cmoy, great price and great sound.

Just give them both time to break in, around 50hrs.

The Pk 1 really do need a decent amp.

Make sure you use a good LOD if you can. Audiominor make great ones for the ipod.

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #1,063 of 1,068
The PK1, as other have said, is a solid earbud and amazing at that time because there were not many alternatives. I've used it for 3 years in the office and I thought there were no competition because it can't be beat. It was my end-game ear buds.

It can play everything amazingly well with awesome detail and sound stage. Then came this new kid on the block, the VE Zen 1.0. I didn't spend much money on the hobby after my PK1s so I thought, "Why not, I have the budget."

Out of the box, Zen 1.0 blew my PK1 out of the water. It was night and day. My jaws dropped, "How is this possible???"

I still listen to my pk1 from time to time and they still sound pretty good if driven by a decent amp. But if you have budget for only one, I'd look into getting one of the newer buds.

The PK1 is pretty fragile. I had to replace the jack.

May 29, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #1,064 of 1,068
I have a DIY Earbud that looks like Yuin from the outside. IDK about the internal components though. Price was around 50 USD. Made in Thailand. Before buying it, I've tried comparing with the Yuin PK1, and for me the sound from this earbud has a smoother tonality, and better definition. Very pleased for this purchase, and its value :) Been using it for months now, plugged directly to my laptop computer (no hiss). Amazing :)

1516295_29f80e1a-bf58-4c6d-b05e-ee8984eeb3c6.jpg
Tunes_Earbud.jpeg
6368604_de44ef72-f7f0-49bc-a238-67c38b58920b.jpg

Anyone know more about this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back