Yuin PK1-PK2 impressions thread
Nov 9, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #1,036 of 1,068
  Anyone know where to order the donut/foams with holes? I can only find the normal full covering ones. 

if you have no luck shoot me a PM with your address - I have one spare set I can post ya

Jan 20, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #1,037 of 1,068
Just bought my PK2 recently, after using it several times, I realized that the cord length between the right and left bud are different! Maybe about one centimeter.

I'm looking for this problem and found that some users have a some problem like me and others don't and it's also happened with the PK3. Is it true? Should I returned it?

So far there's no problem with the audio tho.

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #1,038 of 1,068
I wouldn't sweat it.  There's a very high probably that any replacement will have the same thing going on.  My first set of PK2 and PK3 length were very slightly off as well.

If it really bothers you, the cable is pretty elastic in that you can stretch out that centimeter to even out the length; although I wouldn't recommend it.  If it sounds good, be happy.  $5 looking earbuds don't always have the highest quality checks and control.

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #1,039 of 1,068
  I wouldn't sweat it.  There's a very high probably that any replacement will have the same thing going on.  My first set of PK2 and PK3 length were very slightly off as well.

If it really bothers you, the cable is pretty elastic in that you can stretch out that centimeter to even out the length; although I wouldn't recommend it.  If it sounds good, be happy.  $5 looking earbuds don't always have the highest quality checks and control.

So, basically it's just an extra length added right?

Actually it's bothers me, but since I bought it from an online shop, I think the efforts to returned and wait for it doesn't worth that much.

Thanks for the reply!
etysmile.gif

Jan 21, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #1,040 of 1,068
The PK2's are superb earbuds...exceptional I would say. I LOVE mine so much I rarely use them! o_0
- One thing to bear in mind though is that they not known for being built well so take extra speacial careful care of them and dont be very surprised if you might need to send them back for a replacment at some point.
Your lucky to have found such an amazing set of earphones! :)

Feb 16, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #1,043 of 1,068
I just bought a pair of Pk2's and using them on my xda2 (250-300 ohm amp/dac). They sound amazing! I have a pair of HD800 and for the sound/comfort I am liking the Pk2's better. With that said when nothing is playing I have static noise coming from the amp (which is expected). Are the pk1's close to pk2's sounds and do you think the 150ohm on the pk1 would allow me to use it on a 300 ohm amp without the static noise ?

Feb 17, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #1,044 of 1,068
Hi all. I've got an iRiver H140 and use Yuin PK3 in the office. I like the Yuin sound signature but could do with a bit more/better bass (I EQ them a bit in the sub-bass) and more overall SQ. I've been reading about the PK1 because I'm VERY happy with how the PK3 fit in my ears (with generic ebay foams), but haven't found a solid answer on whether the H140 can drive the PK1 decently (ie. to the quality that it beats the PK3, I don't expect the absolute best from them direct from the player). I use Shure E4C on the bus (unamped, for the isolation) and I'm open to buying an amp at a later date (which I'd probably use with the shures on the bus too). I once owned the RSA Hornet, but found the gain in SQ with the Shures not worth the effort, so sold it.

I'm running rockbox and it hasn't missed a beat, so I'm loath to change away from the H140 unless I'm really going to gain in all areas and won't need an amp. The main thing I've noticed is that most modern portables are outputting MANY more milliwatts per channel (double or triple), but people are still being to buy portables amps anyway (not sure why, shouldn't the power address this?).

Thanks for any suggestions in advance

Mar 1, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #1,046 of 1,068
Just listening to mine for the first time now. Wow. I hear a slight splashiness in the treble that I think I read about but if it mellows slightly these are gonna be a nice upgrade from the PK3. Listening straight from my H140. Usually listen at about -25 with PK3, currently got the PK1 on -20 to -15 and sounds good :) Will be interested to see how they go with my Gilmore Lite out of curiosity

Apr 18, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #1,047 of 1,068
pk1 stock cable is absolute trash. Get that recabled and they become an awesome pair of earbuds. I got mine recable from peterek and they not only sound better but look considerably better and have greater durability. 

Sep 3, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #1,050 of 1,068
Hi All,
Sorry if this had been asked before, did anybody have a chance to compare Ve Zen to PK1? Thanks in advance!

Yes.  I didn't have them at the same time but owned the PK1 for years and then had a VE Zen for 3 weeks.  The Zen was good but my expectations were high and comparatively the Zen sounded weaker on dynamics and just "dull" to my ears.  I tried several sources with plenty of power all with the same results.  I preferred the PK1 sound. 

The monks (particularly the newer versions) are a different story.  For the price they are incredible, and while not the last word in refined audio they are exciting to listen to and give the PK-1's a run for the money.  Well worth trying a set of those....and no big loss if you are less than 100% excited about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back