Yuin G1A and G2A
Apr 7, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #121 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by qib /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what about a comparison between the g2a to the ath-es7 or denon d1000? I'm asking because i might want to use this for work, and cant have any isolation as i need to know whats going on and minimal sound leakage. Thanks.

Personally, I think the es7 and g2a's are somewhat comparable. You get more of an open headphone sound with the g2a's though. The biggest difference is probably their bass, which is due to the closed design of the es7's. There are times where I think the g2a's sound better and times when the es7's sound better. Soundstage may be slightly better on the es7's, but not by much. In my opinion, the g2a's are definitely more bang for your buck.

As far as leakage, the g2a's leak a little bit. If kept at moderately low volumes, it should be hard for someone to hear your headphones though. With the es7's, you don't have to worry as much about leaking out sound. You'll definitely have an easier time hearing outside noises with the g2a's though.

I haven't heard the d1001, so I can't really comment there. Hope that helps a little.

Apr 8, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #122 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I think the es7 and g2a's are somewhat comparable. You get more of an open headphone sound with the g2a's though. The biggest difference is probably their bass, which is due to the closed design of the es7's. There are times where I think the g2a's sound better and times when the es7's sound better. Soundstage may be slightly better on the es7's, but not by much. In my opinion, the g2a's are definitely more bang for your buck.

As far as leakage, the g2a's leak a little bit. If kept at moderately low volumes, it should be hard for someone to hear your headphones though. With the es7's, you don't have to worry as much about leaking out sound. You'll definitely have an easier time hearing outside noises with the g2a's though.

I haven't heard the d1001, so I can't really comment there. Hope that helps a little.

Thats good to know. Thanks for the help!

Apr 10, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #123 of 154
Apr 21, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #124 of 154
Hmm... Even the U.S. government uses those headphones that PartsExpress sells...

Domestic Terror Suspect Daniel Andreas San Diego - Yahoo! News Photos

By the way... The more I listen to the G2A's, the more I'm impressed with them. I originally bought them for portable use, but I find myself using them at home too. Hopefully I'll be able to listen to the G1A's at CanJam.

This thread seems to have slowed down recently... I think the G1A and G2A need more recognition.
tongue.gif

Jul 2, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #128 of 154
Looks like i'll be receiving a package in the mail from Head-Direct soon! :big grin: Hmmmm could it be a fresh new pair of G1's!

Jul 9, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #129 of 154
Hi, anybody knows if Sennheiser PX100 (foldable) headband fits Yuin G2A?

It think it could be a good solution for portable use.

Sep 17, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #130 of 154
I recently attached the cheap PartsExpress headband to a pair of G2A... The attachment is really iffy--one side falls off every time I bump it the wrong way. Those of you who did this--do yours also fall out easily? Or did I just take the clips off / put the headband on wrong?

Despite this, the headband I have to say is a vast improvement--those clips were so prone to flopping off of my ear.

Sep 18, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #131 of 154
Tiny bumps on Yuin (and Koss) locks are fragile. Probably you broke them when replaced. I had this problem with my PortaPro. I wrapped the locks with small pieces of double sided thick sticky tape.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoggop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently attached the cheap PartsExpress headband to a pair of G2A... The attachment is really iffy--one side falls off every time I bump it the wrong way. Those of you who did this--do yours also fall out easily? Or did I just take the clips off / put the headband on wrong?

Oct 18, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #132 of 154
Hello. Yesterday i recieved g2a. My General impressions about sound is very positive (im owner sennheiser px100). But clips is nasty things. I have problems to make order from partexpress (50$ required minimum dollar amount to order and 29$ shipping). Please, can somebody help me buy 2$ headphones or headband directly. Im from Russia, but have paypal account. Sorry for bad english.

Oct 18, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #133 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by archigius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, anybody knows if Sennheiser PX100 (foldable) headband fits Yuin G2A?

It think it could be a good solution for portable use.

Sennheiser PX100 headband no fits

Nov 30, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #134 of 154
koss porta pro perfect fits.
colors are also fit (with the 25th aniversary version)
low weight perfect sound and familiar headband
biggrin.gif

i can post shots if you want

Users who are viewing this thread

Back