Yuin G1A and G2A
Dec 14, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #136 of 154
Thank you for that pic frozenS, I was just wondering if the PortaPro headband could be used and here is your post telling me yes. Great! Now can they be switched out back and forth OFTEN no problem, or really is something going to be damaged if you keep doing it? I would still like my portapro sound sometimes again. What did you do to your PortaPro while your Yuin G2A is on it?

Dec 22, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #137 of 154
i've really switched them from headband to clips about 5 times.
no critical changes with the hinge.
i dont recommend you to do it often. it will be fixed weaker with time.
i didn't use portapro's dynamics while yuin was on the headband
BUT if you'll do so... yuin's mobility with that headband is not as good as portapro's
that's why i used "free" mode by the swithes on the sides of the headband. and had no problem.

Jan 26, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #139 of 154
Did anyone ever try to recable the g1a (or the g2a for that matter...) ? I think that they are awesome, but the cable is just so flimsy...

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:44 AM Post #141 of 154
I read somewhere in this thread saying the leakage is almost as bad as the ksc-75. My question is, is the leakage so bad that I can't wear this in a plane without pissing the guy off sitting next to me?

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #142 of 154

Quote:
I read somewhere in this thread saying the leakage is almost as bad as the ksc-75. My question is, is the leakage so bad that I can't wear this in a plane without pissing the guy off sitting next to me?

Leakage is not bad at all. ksc75 is much, much worse, I don't even think the two compare in this regard... But isolation from outside noise is not good.

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #143 of 154

Thanks, thats really good to know. Been researching on what I should get for my portable rig. Don't really care about isolation, I prefer being aware of my surroundings. I just don't want to annoy people when my phones leak. 

Last noob question: Does anybody know if the fiio e7+L3 lod to an itouch be powerful enough to drive the G1a. And if it is, how's the sound sig? Cause sometimes my e7 sounds too dark to some phones. 

Dec 11, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #145 of 154
Dec 13, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #146 of 154
Yeah, I think that while the G1A has an almost analytical, highly detailed sound, it lacks body/low end, and for the much higher cost, has the same really bad stock cable that the KSC75 has.

I'd choose the KSC75 99% of the time over the G1A.

Can't imagine the G2A being better than the higher priced sibling, but yeah.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #147 of 154
Yeah, I think that while the G1A has an almost analytical, highly detailed sound, it lacks body/low end, and for the much higher cost, has the same really bad stock cable that the KSC75 has.
The KSC75 has a bad cable? Surely, you mean the KSC75X (Drop Edition)? I've heard that one does... I think the KSC75's cable is great.

Dec 13, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #148 of 154
The KSC75 has a bad cable? Surely, you mean the KSC75X (Drop Edition)? I've heard that one does... I think the KSC75's cable is great.
As an owner of about 8 million KSC75s in my life, all the Koss clip ons, and PortaPro, Sportapro all have have horrifically bad cables that always go bad. It's either detach from the driver, fray and strip due to lack of strain relief near the headphone entry, and various other bad qualities. It took me until as recently as last year (so 10 years of owning many Koss clip ons) to find someone who would mod MMCX connectors on them and never have to deal with Koss cables ever again.

As bad as their cables are, they're the only ones in the clip on game that sound this good, so I will love them regardless.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back