Yuin G1A and G2A
Mar 25, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #61 of 154
Dude, no need for that kind of modesty... I trust your ears (and judgment) way more than some other people's.
wink.gif

Mar 25, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #62 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, no need for that kind of modesty... I trust your ears (and judgment) way more than some other people's.
wink.gif

Firmly agreed.
beerchug.gif

Mar 25, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #63 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, that is nice of you. I try, but I don't have the same ability as some others in terms of getting across what my ears are hearing. Just do the best I can.

I thank you, too, for doing a thorough comparison. Now I think I have a clear picture of what the G2A's sound like. And, from what I understand, to stock to stock, G2A is more balanced and resolving than kcs75. Right?

Mar 25, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #64 of 154
Yes, stock to stock, the G2As are a step up from the Ksc75s.

And i will be interested to hear your views on the G1A/G2A phones Martin. I wasn't trying any false modesty, I just don't feel I know as much in terms of technical sound descriptions as some here.

Mar 26, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #66 of 154
I must be the one with the weird ears! I have had these two units burning in for about 9 days (200+ hours) and today I took another peek using the previously stated gear, but for music I used Sunrise by Norah Jones.

31W7GCM32QL._SS500_.jpg

IMO the sound is very close, kind of hard to justify the $100 difference. I still prefer the G2A, they seem to have a sense of FUN and LIVELINESS that makes them stand out. Maybe it is synergy, however I have loaned out 5/6 of my portable amps and thus why I am only testing w/ the C5 Reference.

Over the next couple of days I will try one of my home amps to see if I can then hear a more marked up difference. So far the slightly wider soundstage of the G1A being the main difference I hear in sound quality. More to come.

Mar 26, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #67 of 154
I am still not saying the $100 is worth it, just that with my little T4, the G1As sounded much better than with the E3 (which I only used because they come with the phones). I figure the G1As are priced a little too high still, for clip-on phones. But I also noticed in the NYC Meet thread (held last weekened), that one or two Head-Fi vets also really liked the G1A, which Fang had at his table. Did you read that thread? It's in there someplace. Maybe it is just amp synergy or something. I am looking forward to putting the G1As on the headband, so they sit flush on my ears with a little added pressure.

Anyway, you could be hearing right. I can only report what I hear. Maybe a different amp will change your POV on the G1A/G2A gap.

Mar 26, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #69 of 154
Wow, I got my MiniboxE+ today too. Still wrapped (sounds of tearing cardboard in the background). And that's without burn-in, of either piece? I am going to hook up the Senn IE8s to the MBE as well. Should be a fun afternoon. The MBE+ is a super amp, but I know it gets even better with time/burn-in.

Mar 26, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #72 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I didn't give it a single second to burn in.
biggrin.gif

It's way too early for impressions, but one thing's for sure: I need to find a headband, that clip-on style is just weird, especially with glasses.

My three $1.99 headphones (for the headband) are on the way, thanks to HiFlight. If you can't find one, I can ship one via padded envelope.

Mar 26, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #73 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My three $1.99 headphones (for the headband) are on the way, thanks to HiFlight. If you can't find one, I can ship one via padded envelope.

Thank you very much for that offer - highly appreciated. I'll keep it in mind but will check local stores first to save you the hassle. Not that I have any real hope of finding 80ies-style "Cassette Walkman" phones anywhere.

Mar 26, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #74 of 154
I got mine at PartsExpress.com, but it seems they charge $21 to ship to Canada, so Austria would be a lot more is my guess. I can stick them in a padded envelope and hope they get through without being crushed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back