You're all crazy IMO
Aug 2, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #106 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Junesequa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you come into one of the largest online communities on the web

waste ur energy on reading posts...upgrading ur headphones and spending ur money... oh and let me get this straight ..u have an amp..?

then u post a thread about 'us being crazy'

and then log on numerous time, again wasting ur energy posting on a forum full of people u disagree with fundementally.

...right

i judge people by their actions.

urs tell me ur clueless.

ohh and u enjoy music...in generel or u like listening to it? on what coby ? u bullcrapping us arnt u ...u have no high end gear at all. u listen to the spice girls on ur coby

sorry guys, I am a weird guy with a very dry sense of humor that doesn't convey too well with people I don't know (and over the internet). I didn't mean anything insulting by "you're all crazy"
darthsmile.gif
although i can see how it could be misinterpreted

Aug 2, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #108 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosquito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
holy cow!! you all need to get Adriana Evans' self-titled album. I think I've had my first eargasm. HD580 RAWK :p

There you go....
Your first post in this thread was pure frustration, wasn't it?
Now you found a good recording, got used to the HD580 sound etc.
Welcome back
icon10.gif

Aug 2, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #109 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There you go....
Your first post in this thread was pure frustration, wasn't it?
Now you found a good recording, got used to the HD580 sound etc.
Welcome back
icon10.gif

hehehehe, it is a very weird journey. I am starting to pick out things I don't like about the HD580 though. I feel like there's a thin layer of muffling on the highs that I just want them to be *a little* crisper and clearer.

Aug 2, 2008 at 3:26 PM Post #110 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by edgar67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.

That statement is backwards, and i wish people would stop saying it.

Insanity could also be never doing the same thing twice, whether or not you expect the same results.

Do i have to draw you a wenn diagram?

Aug 2, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #111 of 260
Quote:

hehehehe, it is a very weird journey. I am starting to pick out things I don't like about the HD580 though. I feel like there's a thin layer of muffling on the highs that I just want them to be *a little* crisper and clearer.

Try removing the foam discs covering the drivers.

And... Voila!

Your wish is granted.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 2, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #112 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try removing the foam discs covering the drivers.

And... Voila!

Your wish is granted.
smily_headphones1.gif

hmm, how do i do this? i tried pulling off the pads like you can do on the HD485, but they don't budge

Aug 2, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #113 of 260
Quote:

NOW do you believe that headphones differ substantially from each other? ADMIT it!
evil_smiley.gif

Now all you need is to get a Grado. Its a start. Notice the difference there, then work your way up. You have a loooong way to go.
tongue_smile.gif

Once again, welcome to the "crazy" club. Let's forgive and forget.
tongue.gif

Aug 2, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #114 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That statement is backwards, and i wish people would stop saying it.

Insanity could also be never doing the same thing twice, whether or not you expect the same results.

Do i have to draw you a wenn diagram?

Is it really backwards if "Insanity could also be..."?

Aug 2, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #115 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by richierich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And to Fitz this is what I thought to myself when I saw that picture, "Ok now I know Fitz is truly an AKG fanatic". Then I saw more headphones at the bottom. "DAMN YOU FITZ NO WONDER SEXTETTS ARE RARE!" lol

Was there ever any doubt that I was an AKG fanatic? That pic was taken when it wasn't even at its peak yet.

But I find it funny when somebody makes a thread about how little difference there is between two models of headphones, and that we're all crazy to think otherwise, when I'm hearing differences between different production batches of the same model of headphones.
tongue.gif

Aug 2, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #116 of 260
Quote:

hmm, how do i do this? i tried pulling off the pads like you can do on the HD485, but they don't budge

You're on the right track. You just have to pull it harder.

Aug 2, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #117 of 260
sorry for flaming. It was wrong of me ... I respect you + ur audio / headphone choices

I just love this forum as an outlet for my craziness and will defend it and posters on it at length

I travel an hour to work listen to my atrio's on the way and denons at work ..I go a whole week thinking im the only person who loves listening to music this much...then once and a while i c someone on the street sporting some edition 9's or grado's or someone on the train with an emmeline...enrter the smirk on my face

Aug 2, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #118 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're on the right track. You just have to pull it harder.

wow. that seems to make quite the difference. that foam looks cheap anyway and it is pretty thick. i don't want my drivers to get damaged though. is there some sort of replacement foam or maybe nylon thing that I can cut out and just put in its place?

omg...miles davis kind of blue sounds SO good without the foam. is there anyone who actually prefers having the foam in your HD580/HD600? could you please tell me the differences you've noticed. i have trouble believing sennheiser engineers would put that stuff in there if they could have spent 2 cents more for a thinner foam

Aug 2, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #119 of 260
A few years back, I didn't see myself spending more than $30 on headphones. I got a pair of Sony MDR-V300($25) and I was pretty happy with them. Then I look into earphone alternatives to the $12 sony earbuds that I had at the time. I came across this site. Lurked in the forums for a while before I became a member and the first purchase I made from member recommendations was the MDR-EX90LP. It costs me about $80. I thought I might as well try these to see what the fuss is all about, and if I don't enjoy them, I can simply return them to the store. I ended up keeping them. I returned to the forum after about a year of absence and to my amazement, it has grow much more than I imagined. Lots of new phones, more membership, and new site layout. I then got a pair of SR60 because I wanted to try Grado's sound signature. These were the best headphones I've heard at the time of purchase. The EX700LP was my next purchase and these replaced my EX90.

I thought this is "it", I got a great pair of IEM and a good pair of headphones. My head-fi gear is complete... but then, I couldn't stop there, I went and got a pair of D2000. I received them 3 days ago and I have been using them nonstop! These are simply amazing. I told my girlfriend about my D2000 purchase and she thought I was insane for spending so much on headphones but I said "Being $200 richer wouldn't give me the happiness these headphones gives to me, I'm actually listening to songs that I usually skip..." Few days later, another $170 gone to the purchase of a Zero amp :). Can't wait for it to arrive.

Well that's my story so far... I don't think I can go back to using "normal" headphones...
In short... being a head-fier isn't crazy, yes it can be an expensive hobby but it gives me the joy of listening to music the way it was intended to.

Aug 2, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #120 of 260
Quote:

wow. that seems to make quite the difference. that foam looks cheap anyway and it is pretty thick. i don't want my drivers to get damaged though. is there some sort of replacement foam or maybe nylon thing that I can cut out and just put in its place?

omg...miles davis kind of blue sounds SO good without the foam. is there anyone who actually prefers having the foam in your HD580/HD600? could you please tell me the differences you've noticed. i have trouble believing sennheiser engineers would put that stuff in there if they could have spent 2 cents more for a thinner foam

HD580 and other Senn best dynamic headphones require good amplification to shine IMO. If you listen to them without much power they won't be a lot better than cheap headphones because they are not reaching their potential. My advice would be to buy a cheap dedicated headphone amp. If you don't want to use any amp in between your source and your headphones, i would suggest trading your HD580 for a pair of Grado or allessandro.

Good luck in improving your sound without bitching about people who find their way in this hobby.

Amicalement

Luidge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back