Your most used IEM and why?
Aug 2, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #62 of 80
I had some S4s which were my first real IEMs. Their sound really blew me away. But, I got some Ety MC5s, and I was even more blown away. I love how detailed the sound is. They're definitely my most used IEMs at this point in time.

Aug 3, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #64 of 80
My Shure SE115 are the IEM that I listen to most of the time. They are ideal for all day listening. I don't like to use them while working out because of the heavy modular cable.

I am waiting for my UE 700 to be delivered. Although, I am very excited about the UEs, I am not sure how I am gonna like them, because I assume these two will have very different sound signatures.

Aug 3, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #66 of 80
I use my Turbine Pro Golds with Controltalk. They're the only higher end phones I own. I LOVE the controltalk feature paired with my iPhone 4. There's something about holding down a button for a second and actually speaking to your music player and telling it what song,album or artist to play that really makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Lol

Aug 3, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #67 of 80
RE0. Comfortable and discreet. Will come in handy again come fall semester
wink.gif

Aug 3, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #69 of 80
My current most used IEMs are custom molded Klipsch X10's.  Solid bass, good detail, and the custom molding makes them comfortable and durable.

Aug 4, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #70 of 80

Quote:
My Shure SE115 are the IEM that I listen to most of the time. They are ideal for all day listening. I don't like to use them while working out because of the heavy modular cable.

I am waiting for my UE 700 to be delivered. Although, I am very excited about the UEs, I am not sure how I am gonna like them, because I assume these two will have very different sound signatures.

Same here, waiting to get my ue 700s, and hopefully it will be my everyday earphone.

Aug 4, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #71 of 80
As of right now, HiFiman RE-Zero (still waiting for my Livewires Trips...).  Fantastic detail, pretty good imaging, really neutral.  All pluses in my book :)

Aug 4, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #73 of 80
Probably my Shure E4c. Daily (or close to it) at the gym for a couple hours.

(Or whatever is new that I'm testing...) 
wink_face.gif

shane

Sep 7, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #74 of 80
For music and video on portable players I constantly switch between several IEMs. The rotation changes, but it's usually around 4 to 5 different ones (currently SM3, IE8, HJE900, and whatever else is at hand).

That makes my most used IEM... the Hippo Boom, funny enough. I use the Boom with my Nintendo DS - it's a match made in heaven. The Boom has huge bass, not the best clarity, and clearly lacks treble when used with regular music. With those "flaws" it complements the DS perfectly, taming down the harsh electronic treble, and adding some much needed low impact for the MIDI soundtracks. Using a revealing phone (PFE, SM3, etc) on the DS is pure torture to my ears. Not to mention the Boom look awesome, with their black anodized aluminum housing and laser engraved fonts. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back