Your Most Highly Anticipated Album Ever
Apr 28, 2005 at 5:21 PM Post #31 of 50
The Flaming Lips - Zaireeka

A 4 cd set. That you had to play all 4 at once to get the appropriate effect. The "Boom Box Experiments" in album form. Wow. Amazing. The anticipation of getting a situation to hear them at once combined with the wait for the album itself.

Apr 28, 2005 at 11:55 PM Post #33 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbamc119
Future: New TOOL album
basshead.gif
can not wait for that one!!

yup

Apr 29, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #34 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpr703
I'm getting reved up thinking about the upcoming White Stripes album.

I'll second that!

Apr 29, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #35 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by feverish
I'll second that!

I as well.

Other upcoming releases I'm anxiously awaiting: Spoon's Gimme Fiction and Sufjan Stevens's Illinois (sample song title: The Black Hawk War, or, How to Demolish an Entire Civilization and Still Feel Good About Yourself in the Morning, or, We Apologize for the Inconvenience But You're Going to Have to Leave Now, or, "I have fought the Big Knives and will continue to fight them until they are off our lands!").

I was really looking forward to Interpol's second album Antics, and although the critical reception wasn't very good, I think it's fantastic. Kind of like with the Strokes: in my opinion, Room on Fire was a much better album than Is This It, but they were almost universally lambasted. It's as if people didn't actually listen to the music.

Apr 29, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #36 of 50
Personally, I'm waiting for the new SACD-Hybrid of The Who's Quadrophenia.

The most anxiously awaited album in recent memory was the "American" cuts of the first four Beatles albums in the first box set. I guess what I'm really waiting on is the Yesterday and Today, Rubber Soul, Revolver releases of same!!
biggrin.gif

Now, these are re-issues, so I don't know if that counts or not....

Apr 29, 2005 at 4:49 AM Post #37 of 50
Dr. Dre - Detox
Saigon - The Greatest Story Never Told
Kanye West - Late Registration

Apr 29, 2005 at 5:25 PM Post #38 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by bln

Other upcoming releases I'm anxiously awaiting: Spoon's Gimme Fiction and Sufjan Stevens's Illinois (sample song title: The Black Hawk War, or, How to Demolish an Entire Civilization and Still Feel Good About Yourself in the Morning, or, We Apologize for the Inconvenience But You're Going to Have to Leave Now, or, "I have fought the Big Knives and will continue to fight them until they are off our lands!").

I was really looking forward to Interpol's second album Antics, and although the critical reception wasn't very good, I think it's fantastic. Kind of like with the Strokes: in my opinion, Room on Fire was a much better album than Is This It, but they were almost universally lambasted. It's as if people didn't actually listen to the music.

Yeah, I'm very excited about the new Spoon & Sufjan, too (and the new Broken Social Scene, mentioned above). Speaking of Stevens, have you heard Andrew Bird's latest, The Mysterious Production of Eggs? It has a very Sufjanesque quality to it, both in the instrumentation and the literate lyrics. Highly recommended.

I think with sophomore albums by groups like Interpol and (especially) The Strokes, critics get so caught up reacting to (i.e. backlashing against) the whole hype machine that they barely do listen to the music. I too thought Antics was fantastic.

Apr 29, 2005 at 9:56 PM Post #40 of 50
20+ years ago - Led Zep In Through the Out Door - I liked it!
10 years ago - Midnight Oil Breathe - Disappointing at first, ultimately ok.
3 years ago - Peter Gabriel UP - I think it's his best.
3 years ago - Spock's Beard Snow - Not what we expected by very good, followed closely by the shock of the Morse departure.
Last year - Dream Theater Live at Budokan - Incredible (DVD sound issues notwithstanding)!

Apr 29, 2005 at 11:01 PM Post #41 of 50
most recently:

stereolab: "sound-dust"

also, whatever boards of canada releases next.

Apr 30, 2005 at 2:43 AM Post #43 of 50
whoops...double post...

Apr 30, 2005 at 2:45 AM Post #44 of 50
A few weeks ago it was definitely Queens of the Stone Age's Lullabies to Paralyze. Went to the store to get it as soon as I could the day it came out; it was the first album they released while I was actually a fan, so I couldn't wait to see what new stuff they came up with. Sure there will be many more highly anticipated albums to come, though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back