Your Most Highly Anticipated Album Ever
Apr 26, 2005 at 11:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

The Actual

Headphoneus Supremus
So I have not been following music long enough to really have an album that I was looking forward to for a long time and then bought on the first day and rushed home with.

The closest to this is probably Frances the Mute, and right now I am really looking forward to the new Portishead album.

Also, Detox is still definitely in the rumor zone, but I cannot wait to hear it if it is for real.

What album did you really look forward to and listen to as soon as it came out? Did it blow away your expectations or were you overly hyped?

Apr 27, 2005 at 12:24 AM Post #2 of 50
Deliverance and Damnation - Opeth (simultaneous release)

Apr 27, 2005 at 12:39 AM Post #3 of 50
A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step

I remember me and my roommate were the first two in Best Buy when the album was released. I went straight home, stuck it in my SD-3950, and didn't get off my arse until it was done
580smile.gif

Apr 27, 2005 at 2:04 AM Post #8 of 50
I really don't get that worked up over new releases anymore. Most of the bands I like have started to go downhill in my opinion (Flaming Lips, Mercury Rev), so I'm curious, sure, but not dying.

I almost have to go back to my teenage years... I remember when Maiden's POWERSLAVE came out. I stayed up REALLY late one night.. someone on the radio was playing the whole album.. and I taped it.. hehe.. oh man, that was the best.. then of course bringing home the big thick-ass vinyl lp that EMI used to put the Maiden albums on.. sitting on my bed listening to it over and over looking at Dereck Rigg's artwork, looking at all the little details of that bizarre Egyptian scene.. I really don't think I've ever been as psyched about a new album as I was then.

I think I was pretty quick to pick up Jesus Lizard's LIAR. Because, GOAT was just so amazing, I had to hear what they did next. But it wasn't as magical as those new Maiden albums, or Priest too.. I remember just dying to get my hands on DEFENDERS.. hehe.

-jar

Apr 27, 2005 at 2:17 AM Post #9 of 50
Hard to say but among them are:

Bebo Valdes & Cigala - Lagrimas Negras
Bing Crosby & Louis Armstrong - Bing & Louis 2 disc spec. ed.
Francesco Durante - Magnificat in B flat

Apr 27, 2005 at 2:23 AM Post #11 of 50
Recently was Velvet Revolver - Contraband

Next up is Dream Theater - Octavarium

Apr 27, 2005 at 3:24 AM Post #12 of 50
Currently, the only upcoming release that I am REALLY eagerly awaiting is the next Stars of the Lid, although I don't know how they can possibly top Tired Sounds (to my ears).

I have picked up every new Tom Waits on the day of release, and will continue to do so. Ditto Calexico, Iron & Wine, & The Shins. That used to be the case with Yo La Tengo, but Summer Sun left me very cold, so...

Thinking back, I think my all-time most anticipated album was Check Your Head. Paul's Boutique was so amazing that my jones for its successor was definitely at a fever pitch, and the most surprising thing was how thoroughly Check Your Head exceeded every lofty expectation.

Apr 27, 2005 at 3:30 AM Post #13 of 50
I don't know about "ever" but I'm really looking forward to the next Broken Social Scene record(s). Supposedly they have enough songs to fill 3 LP's and they're deciding how they should split them up. I can't wait to throw those on my 3950.

Apr 27, 2005 at 4:01 AM Post #14 of 50
RUSH Vapor Trails. With Neil Pearts sudden loss of his family, it looked like RUSH was done.

I have also been looking forward to Porcupine Tree's new c.d. Deadwing. Picked it up today, and listened to it twice. It's good.

The next ones I'm looking forward to are c.d.'s from Dream Theater and Shadow Gallery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back