Your most desired audio component
Jan 26, 2004 at 4:01 AM Post #16 of 68
My MMF 5. It repersents the first thing i actually managed to mod sucessfully without blowing it up
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2004 at 4:17 AM Post #17 of 68
Those speakers look like they would just dominate a room.

Being that ugly they'd better sound good.

Wow 900 pounds. I'd like to be there when you position them...........Just a little to the left......... little more

Oh to have the cash to play with such creatures.

Mitch

Jan 26, 2004 at 6:52 AM Post #21 of 68
VPI HRX table

fcc6a77c.jpg

Or the Blockhead and Wadia DAC/Transport combo.
fc2b6cda.jpg

Or maybe when I square up all my accounts next month I'll buy both.

Jan 26, 2004 at 7:59 AM Post #22 of 68
Quote:

For my part i'd have to say a pair of SPENDOR branded BBC LS3/5a Monitor Loudspeakers.

They're nice, Trawlerman. But I auditioned a set side by side with my Spica TC-50s and gave the best midrange award to the Spicas (less coloured). But there is something lovely about those TINY LS3/5a's. Hey, they're not that expensive used! Grab some!

I'm with TimScrirmer. I don't know if it was Tim that first posted a pic of the Series 7 Simon Yorke turntable, but it was love at first sight. So futuristic retro - they remind of "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" or a Tim Burton sketch. I trust they sound good, too!

Another shot of this beauty

http://www.soundsofsilence.com/image...on_pic1big.jpg

Jan 26, 2004 at 8:44 AM Post #28 of 68
I'm in love with those Ocellia "Celia Silver" :

celia.jpeg

celia1p1.jpeg
celia3p1.jpeg

At 8000€, they're a bit too rich for my blood now, mostly considering I'll need a nice tube amp to go along. One day, perhaps...

Jan 26, 2004 at 9:58 AM Post #29 of 68
Orpheus, I have the same kind of question as mario_mar. Can you recommend a good 8-track, all-in-one digital mixer/recording unit?

Jan 26, 2004 at 10:07 AM Post #30 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by 00940
I'm in love with those Ocellia "Celia Silver" :

They are interesting speakers. Aren't they designed in a way that the cabinets are supposed to resonate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back