Your ideal quick and easy breakfast of choice
May 22, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #66 of 109
I had one of my favorite quick breakfasts this morning, a breakfast burrito. Spread some refried beans on a tortilla, top with taco meat, microwave till hot. Top with a scrambled egg, cheese, salsa, wrap it up and enjoy. I like mine slathered with habenero sauce :wink:. Only take a few minutes to make if you have leftover taco stuff in the fridge.

May 22, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #68 of 109
Mcdonalds if it didn't kill me.

May 22, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #69 of 109
May 23, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #70 of 109

Quote:
So you are saying that your Cap'n Crunch is better after a short burn-in? Does the flavor get more open and transparent? Do you taste more detail in the flavor notes?
biggrin.gif

Cereal burn-in is a huge myth. You are fooling yourself if you think it is anything other than your mind playing tricks on you.

May 23, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #72 of 109
"NAKED BRAND"     All natural fruit +boosts Protein juice smoothie.....30 grams of protein from soy and whey...no sugar added no preservatives no GMO and Gluten free, Each 15.2 fl oz contains 2 and a 1/3 apples, 1 banana, 1/3 orange a hint of pineapple and coconut.....OUTSTANDING and really is suppose to be two servings in one bottle.. Only two draw backs It's $3.99 and VERY PERISHABLE........I've been getting them at Kroger's 2 for 5 bucks.......Best quick breakfast or lunch that I've found.....Try one you'll be hooked..

May 23, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #73 of 109

Quote:
Quote:

Cereal burn-in is a huge myth. You are fooling yourself if you think it is anything other than your mind playing tricks on you.

Cereal burn-in a myth? Maybe. But cereal soak-in? Not at all. In fact, for those who prefer a smoother, more laid back sound...er, taste..I recommend letting your cereal soak for a good 10 minutes. Everything just becomes more cohesive, more silky.

It's us grado lovers who like that sharp contrast who eat their cereal straight after the milk is poured on.
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #74 of 109

Quote:
I'm not sure on what it covers, but I can say that my allergies appear to be milder since I started using honey in my smoothies. Studies have been conducted that support this, but it doesn't work for everyone. It's worth a shot at least!

Thanks. This is particularly timely for me, since NYC has just lifted its ban on beekeeping. Which should mean a lot more local honey available in the greenmarkets. I'll definitely give this a try.

Quote:

Please Doctor Ben, certainly the obvious  I thought , needn't be verbalised to this group :wink:

Edit, simply for a "Time Stamp" check for accuracy ...

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Cereal burn-in a myth? Maybe. But cereal soak-in? Not at all. In fact, for those who prefer a smoother, more laid back sound...er, taste..I recommend letting your cereal soak for a good 10 minutes. Everything just becomes more cohesive, more silky.

It's us grado lovers who like that sharp contrast who eat their cereal straight after the milk is poured on.
biggrin.gif

I think what we need here is definitely DBT: double blind tasting, that is.

May 23, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #75 of 109
Ooh, a man after my own heart.
Might I suggest honey nut cheerios? So simple, a veritable classic, but so very good. None of that ridiculous oreo or chocolate chip cookies for breakfast nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back