Your ideal quick and easy breakfast of choice
Jun 3, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #106 of 109
How about Cinnamon Toast? 

Jun 3, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #107 of 109
For years and years I've never been a breakfast fan, never had anything but in the last few weeks I've found it to be quite enjoyable. My usual combo suspects are.

Foods:
1. Toast (wholemeal) & Fried Egg
2. Toast (wholemeal) & Scrambled Egg
3. Corn Flakes w/ Sliced Banana

Drinks:
1. Banana Smoothie (greek yoghurt, milk, banana, ice)
2. Cranberry Juice (with no added sugar variety)
3. Milk

Need to have a good browse through this thread and widen my horizon a bit.

Jun 3, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #108 of 109
A toasted everything bagel with cream cheese whipped (in advance) with smoked salmon, shallots and dried dill weed, sometimes topped with sliced tomato, and some fresh basil from the garden:

Or Kellog's corn flakes with sliced banana and plain soy milk.

Love pancakes and bacon, but not the best on my tummy, especially if I'm having coffee with that combo.

Sometimes just coffee and biscotti will do it for me, but lately I've been drinking my own blend of yerba mate tea so no biscotti as it's just not the same IMO.

I like smoothies if it's hot out; I peel and freeze my bananas so I don't have to use ice, then add yogurt, frozen berries, and some fruit juice.

Or toasted buttered bread with soft-boiled or over-medium eggs, or with leftover potatoes instead of toast if I have any laying around:

Jun 3, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #109 of 109
Big breakfast fan...

I usually get up and do 30 minutes of cardio before doing anything else.
I put coffee on then have a shower.

My typical breakfast is 4 eggs (omega3 or free range) usually scrambled with some old cheddar mixed in.
1 slice of toast (usually from a 12 grain bread)
A single portion of fat free yogurt.
1 fruit (banana, apple, strawberries)

If I've run out of eggs I usually do a protein smoothie.
Two portions of fat free yogurt.
Protein powder.
Banana, strawberries and sometimes both
Orange juice to fill.
Bran cereal
Blend.

Funny thing is that it takes as long to do the smoothie as it does to take the eggs.

As far as the coffee goes, that's for my wife.  She's been getting a coffee delivered to bed before she gets going in morning for a long time.

Darcy 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back