Your favorite computer media player?
Dec 30, 2002 at 3:13 AM Post #61 of 109
I'm too lazy to learn ogg and deal with vbr data loss, so i just go with lame and 224-320 kbps cbr, depending on whether I plan on putting it on my mp3 player or not.

Dec 30, 2002 at 4:01 AM Post #62 of 109
Quote:

Originally posted by ooheadsoo
I'm too lazy to learn ogg and deal with vbr data loss, so i just go with lame and 224-320 kbps cbr, depending on whether I plan on putting it on my mp3 player or not.

ogg vorbis is the easiest of all of them.

theres a program you run then you open your file manager and literally drag the file in the box you want converted and it does it.

done.

Dec 30, 2002 at 4:20 AM Post #63 of 109
Well that does indeed sound easy
biggrin.gif

Dec 30, 2002 at 4:28 AM Post #64 of 109
Quote:

Originally posted by ooheadsoo
Well that does indeed sound easy
biggrin.gif

thats cause it is
wink.gif

Dec 30, 2002 at 6:51 AM Post #65 of 109
You can also force Oggs to be encoded as a static bit rate. Though I am unsure as to how to configure everything in windows. I just use the oggenc command line program or have grip (A linux cd ripper) run oggenc to encode and tag the files properly.

Dec 30, 2002 at 7:07 AM Post #66 of 109
Quote:

Originally posted by soleblaze
You can also force Oggs to be encoded as a static bit rate. Though I am unsure as to how to configure everything in windows. I just use the oggenc command line program or have grip (A linux cd ripper) run oggenc to encode and tag the files properly.

you can manually set the bitrate to whatever you want. if you want 149 so be it. if you want 201 fine. 950? no problem.

Jan 5, 2003 at 3:54 AM Post #67 of 109
Hey, maxvla, I just tried qcd player. It does sound a tad better than winamp3. However, the skin that I use isn't complete
frown.gif
It doesn't have the windowshade mode that the winamp3 version does, which is a huge blow against it in my books
frown.gif

And for some reason, it won't play cds either

Jan 5, 2003 at 1:01 PM Post #68 of 109
My current favorite computer audio player is 1by1. Very light and easy to use.

Feb 20, 2003 at 7:22 AM Post #72 of 109
Quote:

Originally posted by docbrazen
Maxvla

I was wondering when you said qcd player sounded better then winamp were you using MAD?

Eepp it's seems this thread is a bit old, but I just wanted to know.

Humm never mind, I thought QCD was for mp3 decoding.

Feb 20, 2003 at 8:06 AM Post #73 of 109
I currently use Foobar2000 for MP3/WAVs and

ZoomPlayer for video - it's amazing! better than my longstanding favorite windows media player 6.4 (7,8 and 9 are horrible!) - massive amount of features, cool looks (super-minimalist mode) and stable.

-dd3mon

Feb 20, 2003 at 2:12 PM Post #74 of 109
Audio

1st place - Foobar2k, kernel streaming, 24 bit, 96khz upsampling for mp3, mpc, ogg, ape, wav

I had to go "back" one level of beta drivers to get 24 bit to work with my M-audio sound card, they have one version that works in 24 bit with straight 2channel audio, and one that works with DD/DTS Digital. So I have my choice of 24bit audio for music, or good audio sync with Digital out to a DAC, so for now I am using the analog

2nd place - for playing actual CD's (I've still got a couple), Winamp with CDPlayer and kernel streaming output plugin of course (wish somebody would finish the CDReader plugin for the new foobar SDK!)

Video

Zoom Player, Sonic 1.5 filters, ffdshow

(sometimes just PowerDVD or WMP if I'm being lazy and watching a bunch of different clips)

The Sonic Player 1.5 and Theatertek player are also quite good picture wise, as they obviously use the same filters. These are mostly optimized for ATI cards, but work ok with the newer Nvidia also.

Delta DI/O 24/96 sound card analog outs, Kimber PBJ or Sonic BLII IC's, meta42 (sort of ) headphone amp, Alessandro MSII's

That being said, I might try your player for CD's, I've become a Winamp hatah', on general principles, until foobar can play CD Audio, that is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back