Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Jun 26, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #5,851 of 6,671
Quote:
If you like Anastasia you ahould get the recent live LPs. They're amazing. Some of the best live recordings I've ever heard.

Let me know how the Weezer sounds. Been considering those.

The "In Concert" release does sound interesting, but I've heard it said that the performances are very similar to those on the studio album so I'm not quite sure why I would want to listen to those instead of Anastasis, which is breathtaking even on CD. I might get it regardless, though. We'll see.

I'll keep you posted on the Weezer.

Jun 26, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #5,853 of 6,671
The "In Concert" release does sound interesting, but I've heard it said that the performances are very similar to those on the studio album so I'm not quite sure why I would want to listen to those instead of Anastasis, which is breathtaking even on CD. I might get it regardless, though. We'll see.

I'll keep you posted on the Weezer.

They're similar to the studio versions but the live atmosphere lends itself well to soundstaging on the record. It's also only $35 for the 3 LP set.

Jun 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #5,854 of 6,671
Quote:
They're similar to the studio versions but the live atmosphere lends itself well to soundstaging on the record. It's also only $35 for the 3 LP set.

39.95€ at my local record store. Still not bad for three LPs.

I got a few nice things delivered to me today. The first two are CDs and the third vinyl.

Boris - Flood

Deafheaven - Sunbather
http://deafheavens.bandcamp.com/album/sunbather

Mastodon - Crack the Skye

I've wanted Flood for a while but this was the first time I've seen it online for a reasonable price new. I was fully expecting to be able to buy Sunbather from my local record store on release day but despite their chain sort of specializing in metal none of their stores had ordered copies on the shelf. I prefer purchasing as much of my music locally whenever possible even if it is slightly more expensive to me because I like to support the local businesses, but ultimately I ended up ordering the CD online for almost half the price my local store would've offered it to me if I'd ordered it through them. I'm facing the same situation with the new Kanye West album; I've checked both record stores and most of the department stores in my city to no avail. I hate to order such a major release from the internet because it's not being offered locally, but what can you do.

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #5,855 of 6,671
Is that a single or double LP cut of Crack the Skye? I still need to track down Blood Mountain and Crack the Skye @ 45rpm.

Hoping to go see those guys in August.

Jun 27, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #5,856 of 6,671
Quote:
Is that a single or double LP cut of Crack the Skye? I still need to track down Blood Mountain and Crack the Skye @ 45rpm.

Hoping to go see those guys in August.

The regular 33. I imagine the 45 costs an arm and a leg these days.

Jun 28, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #5,859 of 6,671
Quote:
Hunter and Blood Mountain are reasonable but CTS is ridiculous.

Yeah I ordered the 45rpm version of The Hunter via my local store a few days ago for 50€, which I thought was quite reasonable.

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #5,861 of 6,671
Quote:
You will not be disappointed. It's probably my best sounding Metal LP I own.

Looking forward to it then. It's a fun album.

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 'Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!

Isis - Oceanic

Jeff Beck - Performing This Week… Live at Ronnie Scott's

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #5,862 of 6,671
IT'S HERE IT'S HERE IT'S HERE!!!!!  
atsmile.gif

And some extras I decided to pick-up when I went to surprise my friend working at Best Buy, let 'em know I'm back in town

Users who are viewing this thread

Back