Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Apr 1, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #5,581 of 6,671
Quote:
I recommend checking out Keith Jarrett's "Sun Bear Concerts" which contains five similar concerts recorded live in Japan a year after his tremendous Köln concert. One of the best thing I own on CD. I know it has been released on LP as well but that might be incredibly difficult to acquire; costly definitely.

Thanks for the tip on this one, I wasn't aware of it for whatever reason, but seems like a winner.  I'm going to patiently seek out a good copy of this.

Quote:
I'm checking this out <Koln Concert> now after reading your recommendations, and WOW... this is such an incredible album, I am in awe.
I've also just called all my local vinyl shops to see if they have one in stock, but to no avail. I will be searching for this one.

I do see it used a fair bit, I think it sold pretty well at the time.  If you hang in there I'm sure you can track it down without too much trouble.  Hold out for a good copy, though.  Or, it was just re-released on LP somewhat recently I believe, and I'm sure that one probably sounds great as well, so that's not a bad option, either.

The set 'Solo Concerts' is great as well, same rough time period.  I have a used LP copy, but unfortunately it's kind of beat up.  Decent for casual listening but I could really use an upgrade. 

Apr 1, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #5,584 of 6,671
Reading amazon comments by other buyers may be not useful every time but yesterday it kept me from spending €30 on Sol Gabetta's Vivaldi Concertos: I got this nice €12 CD:
41904b6v18L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Ofra Harnoy - Plays Vivaldi

and some nice world music from africa:
51J3BLySqbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Dimanche a Bamako by Amadou and Mariam

Apr 1, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #5,585 of 6,671

Haven't listened to it and the collector in me refuses to open the LP. Gonna have to wait for........ hue

Apr 2, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #5,586 of 6,671
...on the run for much more:
  Dig Your Own Hole - Chemical Brothers

RIO - Till Brönner

Graceland - Paul Simon

A Taste Of Soul Bossa - Soul Bossa Trio

Great Crossover Potential - Sugar Cubes

Apr 2, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #5,587 of 6,671
[Finsterforst] - Rastlos
[In Extremo] - Weckt die Toten!
[Korpiklaani] - Manala
[Midnattsol] - The Metamorphosis Melody
[Moonsorrow] - Varjoina kuljemme kuolleiden maassa
[Wintersun] - Time I

Apr 2, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #5,589 of 6,671

Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud (Sticker said it was colored vinyl but it was black inside :frowning2: )
RHCP - Blood Sugar Sex Magick (Original Master Recording Recut)
Pallbearer - Sorrow & Extinction
Ascend - Ample Fire Within (Southern Lord strikes again, Clear vinyl)
David Bowie - The Next Day (Wife put it on as soon as we got home)

Vinyl happy hour means 10% at our local shop. So we saved 10%. :D

Apr 3, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #5,590 of 6,671
Quote:

Oh holy hell.......

Apr 3, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #5,592 of 6,671
Quote:

Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud (Sticker said it was colored vinyl but it was black inside :frowning2: )
RHCP - Blood Sugar Sex Magick (Original Master Recording Recut)
Pallbearer - Sorrow & Extinction
David Bowie - The Next Day (Wife put it on as soon as we got home)

how's the new Bowie??

I also have that Blood Sugar Sex Magik album (not the original master though).... my fav chilli pepper album, and top 5 album from the 90's.
(I bought a bunch of LP's this past weekend; I'll post a pic after my phone is done charging :)

Apr 3, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #5,593 of 6,671
If you bought it really recently it probably is the original master. They reissued it for RSD last year on red and then cut it to black again.

The new Bowie is pretty good. There's a few stand out tracks for me but I liked some of his more recent stuff more, like Heathen.

Quote:
how's the new Bowie??

I also have that Blood Sugar Sex Magik album (not the original master though).... my fav chilli pepper album, and top 5 album from the 90's.
(I bought a bunch of LP's this past weekend; I'll post a pic after my phone is done charging :)

Apr 3, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #5,594 of 6,671
Bought the chilli's LP within the last 6 months, I think (memory is suddenly failing me; could have purchased it a couple months ago even).
The label reads: produced by Rick Rubin, engineered by Brendan O'brein, C 1991 Warner Bros Records Inc, Manufactured in the Netherlands.
The back of the album cover lists a 2011 & 1991 copyright.

So no idea how new/old this double LP is. I don't know what RSD is, and don't see those letters printed anywhere. Hmmmm. Thoughts?

Apr 3, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #5,595 of 6,671
RSD is Record Store Day.

They pressed it on red vinyl for Record Store Day.

http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/index.php?search_artist=red+hot+chili+peppers&search_album=blood+sugar

There's your 2011 vinyl cut. Honestly, the only version of this album that was bad is that Japanese WB CD.

It hasn't been remastered a million time because it hasn't really needed it. Honestly I hope it never gets remastered. The original is pretty much perfect.

Quote:
Bought the chilli's LP within the last 6 months, I think (memory is suddenly failing me; could have purchased it a couple months ago even).
The label reads: produced by Rick Rubin, engineered by Brendan O'brein, C 1991 Warner Bros Records Inc, Manufactured in the Netherlands.
The back of the album cover lists a 2011 & 1991 copyright.

So no idea how new/old this double LP is. I don't know what RSD is, and don't see those letters printed anywhere. Hmmmm. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back