Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert
Sting -  The Dream of the Blue Turtles
Yes- Tormato
John Williams - Superman the Movie score
Cannonball Adderly - The Cannonball Adderly Collection Volume 6

Mar 29, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #5,570 of 6,671
Kvelertak - Kvelertak

Kvelertak - Meir

Awesome Norwegian Black Metal band. They have a great Foo Fighters influence. Listen to this song and you'll see.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7sIqyoRFiU[/VIDEO]

Mar 31, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #5,571 of 6,671
Quote:

This remains one of my very best used vinyl puchases of all time.  Being in good shape, sounds so so so good.  And such an out-of-this-world record.  I'm assuming there's only the ECM version out there.

Mar 31, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #5,572 of 6,671
A quick question for fans of Japanese music : what's a good retailer to import from ? They'd need to ship to Europe. The cheaper the better, obviously.
The reason : I'm looking for a Jim O'Rourke curated hommage to Burt Bacharach titled "All Kinds of People Love Burt Bacharach", published, apparently by Indies Japan / Zoom and am not willing to pay the extortionate prices asked by Amazon Marketplace sellers.

Mar 31, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #5,573 of 6,671
Black Sabbath - debut - 1996 Castle remaster
Black Sabbath - Paranoid - 2009 Sanctuary remaster
Black Sabbath - Master of Reality - 2009 Sanctuary remaster
Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks - remaster
The Doors - debut - 40th anniversary remaster

All are CD versions...

Mar 31, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #5,574 of 6,671
Quote:
A quick question for fans of Japanese music : what's a good retailer to import from ? They'd need to ship to Europe. The cheaper the better, obviously.
The reason : I'm looking for a Jim O'Rourke curated hommage to Burt Bacharach titled "All Kinds of People Love Burt Bacharach", published, apparently by Indies Japan / Zoom and am not willing to pay the extortionate prices asked by Amazon Marketplace sellers.

I order typically from YesAsia. What's great about ordering from them is that they contribute their sale counts to both the Oricon and Hanteo Charts (an equivalent to the Billboards Charts here in the US). They also have a Global site that ships to Europe and other places in the world. Shipping prices aren't too bad either and I did a quick search for the item you are looking for, and it appears they have it for a reasonable price as well.
smile.gif

Main Website: http://www.yesasia.com/global/en/home.html

Mar 31, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #5,575 of 6,671
Quote:

Quote:
This remains one of my very best used vinyl puchases of all time.  Being in good shape, sounds so so so good.  And such an out-of-this-world record.  I'm assuming there's only the ECM version out there.

I'm checking this out now after reading your recommendations, and WOW... this is such an incredible album, I am in awe.
I've also just called all my local vinyl shops to see if they have one in stock, but to no avail. I will be searching for this one.

Mar 31, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #5,576 of 6,671
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I'm checking this out now after reading your recommendations, and WOW... this is such an incredible album, I am in awe.
I've also just called all my local vinyl shops to see if they have one in stock, but to no avail. I will be searching for this one.

I recommend checking out Keith Jarrett's "Sun Bear Concerts" which contains five similar concerts recorded live in Japan a year after his tremendous Köln concert. One of the best thing I own on CD. I know it has been released on LP as well but that might be incredibly difficult to acquire; costly definitely.

Mar 31, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #5,577 of 6,671
Quote:

I recommend checking out Keith Jarrett's "Sun Bear Concerts" which contains five similar concerts recorded live in Japan a year after his tremendous Köln concert. One of the best thing I own on CD. I know it has been released on LP as well but that might be incredibly difficult to acquire; costly definitely.

Even the CD is costly for this album (box set). The cheapest Amazon sellers have it for $95, and Amazon sells the MP3 downloads for $54. Think I'll check my local stores for used copies on this one.

Mar 31, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #5,578 of 6,671
Quote:
Quote:

Even the CD is costly for this album (box set). The cheapest Amazon sellers have it for $95, and Amazon sells the MP3 downloads for $54. Think I'll check my local stores for used copies on this one.

Yeah, I believe I paid around a hundred euros for my box set, but it does have six CDs (one of them is kinda short though) so the price per disc is still perfectly acceptable IMO, especially since it's ECM so the sound quality is immaculate and the performances themselves are superb.

Mar 31, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #5,579 of 6,671
Mumford & Sons Babel
Mumford & Sons Sigh No More
Tron Legacy Soundtrack
The Clash London Calling
Dead Poets Society Soundtrack

Mar 31, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #5,580 of 6,671
I order typically from YesAsia. What's great about ordering from them is that they contribute their sale counts to both the Oricon and Hanteo Charts (an equivalent to the Billboards Charts here in the US). They also have a Global site that ships to Europe and other places in the world. Shipping prices aren't too bad either and I did a quick search for the item you are looking for, and it appears they have it for a reasonable price as well. :smile:

Main Website: http://www.yesasia.com/global/en/home.html

So they do ! Thanks. Amusing to notice American releases are cheaper than Japanese ones there.
It'll be nice to think my purchase of a three year old Bacharach tribute album will contribute to the charts, however unlikely it is to make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back