Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Apr 5, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #5,611 of 6,671
Quote:
Califcornication was remastered (thank god), but BSSM hasn't been and never needs a remaster.

The only version that's different so far IIRC is the Japanese 2006 (?) CD which was WAY compressed and garbage.

The new BSSM vinyl is the original master repressed, and it sounds amazing.

The Chili Pepper triumphs masters wise are probably BSSM (Rick Rubin) and the LP cut of Stadium Arcadium (Steve Hoffman). Mother's Milk ain't half bad either.

Oh got ya, i just saw everyone talking about how amazing the Reissue for BSSM sounded and assumed that it had been remastered, guess it was just an awesome new pressing for it. Either way, Im happy i bought it :D i cant wait to listen to Stadium Arcadium though, people say its the best sounding, most audiophile, of all the Red Hot Chili Peppers records. Not to mention it being one of my favorite CDs of all time.

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #5,612 of 6,671
DR wise BSSM is actually more dynamic than even the new Stadium Arcadium, but Steve Hoffman is a great engineer and he definitely works miracles on the remaster.

I honestly slightly prefer BSSM's overall sound, but they're both 1 and 2 in the catalog regardless.

Quote:
Oh got ya, i just saw everyone talking about how amazing the Reissue for BSSM sounded and assumed that it had been remastered, guess it was just an awesome new pressing for it. Either way, Im happy i bought it :D i cant wait to listen to Stadium Arcadium though, people say its the best sounding, most audiophile, of all the Red Hot Chili Peppers records. Not to mention it being one of my favorite CDs of all time.

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #5,613 of 6,671
Califcornication was remastered (thank god), but BSSM hasn't been and never needs a remaster.

The only version that's different so far IIRC is the Japanese 2006 (?) CD which was WAY compressed and garbage.

The new BSSM vinyl is the original master repressed, and it sounds amazing.

The Chili Pepper triumphs masters wise are probably BSSM (Rick Rubin) and the LP cut of Stadium Arcadium (Steve Hoffman). Mother's Milk ain't half bad either.

SA is awesome. They won 5 Grammy's with it. They were nominated for 7.

Apr 7, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #5,615 of 6,671
"The Next Day" [Deluxe Edition] - David Bowie
"Welcome Oblivion" - How To Destroy Angels
"Delta Machine" [Limited Deluxe Edition] - Depeche Mode
"perfect darkness" - Fink
"Amok"  [Limited Deluxe Edition] - Atoms For Peace
"Love" - Cloud Cult
"Specter At The Feast" - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Apr 10, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #5,617 of 6,671
Just ordered some CD's from Amazon.....

Apr 10, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #5,618 of 6,671
These arrived today.

Danimal Cannon & Zef - Parallel Processing
Hiroko Kokubu - Bridge [XRCD]
Lynyrd Skynyrd - (pronounced 'lĕh-'nérd 'skin-'nérd) [MoFi hybrid SACD]
Miles Davis - Four & More [MoFi hybrid SACD]
Miles Davis - In a Silent Way [MoFi hybrid SACD]

Apr 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #5,620 of 6,671
Quote:
A little Grunge marathon?

Yes.
smile_phones.gif

Apr 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #5,622 of 6,671
Quote:
Mother Love Bone is great, too bad Wood died. But if you think about it, if he didn't die Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains would've never existed.

And that is a horrible thought! I have wondered what else MLB would have done, but I don't think it would be worth giving up PJ and AIC to find out.

Apr 10, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #5,623 of 6,671
Mother Love Bone is great, too bad Wood died. But if you think about it, if he didn't die Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains would've never existed.

And that is a horrible thought! I have wondered what else MLB would have done, but I don't think it would be worth giving up PJ and AIC to find out.

I would love to have PJ, AIC and Andre Wood.

Apr 10, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #5,624 of 6,671
PJ would of not existed for sure if Wood didn't OD. I cant imagine my life without PJ. Their music got me through some tough times and their concerts are some of my fondest memories.

I don't see how it would of affected AIC though. We wouldn't have gotten the excellent Temple of the Dog album.

I think MLB would have been huge and the face of the Seattle music scene in the 90s. Wood was a great showman and an excellent singer.

That MLB compilation sounds great btw. One of the better sounding albums from that era.

Apr 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #5,625 of 6,671
This looks like a good to make my first post on.  My 5 most recent acquisitions are:
  1. Comedown Machine — The Strokes
  2. Stories Don't End — Dawes
  3. One Night In Tokyo — Chet Baker
  4. Waltz for Debby — Bill Evans Trio (24/192 from HDtracks)
  5. The Good Life — Justin Townes Earle (vinyl...now just need a turntable)

I'll have to pour through the past 375 pages of posts to get some inspiration on what to pick up next!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back