Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
post-9315462
Post #5,581 of 6,671

s m @

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 23, 2005
Messages
1,154
Reaction score
11
Joined
Jan 23, 2005
Posts
1,154
Likes
11
Quote:
I recommend checking out Keith Jarrett's "Sun Bear Concerts" which contains five similar concerts recorded live in Japan a year after his tremendous Köln concert. One of the best thing I own on CD. I know it has been released on LP as well but that might be incredibly difficult to acquire; costly definitely.
 
Thanks for the tip on this one, I wasn't aware of it for whatever reason, but seems like a winner.  I'm going to patiently seek out a good copy of this.
 
Quote:
I'm checking this out <Koln Concert> now after reading your recommendations, and WOW... this is such an incredible album, I am in awe.
I've also just called all my local vinyl shops to see if they have one in stock, but to no avail. I will be searching for this one.
 
I do see it used a fair bit, I think it sold pretty well at the time.  If you hang in there I'm sure you can track it down without too much trouble.  Hold out for a good copy, though.  Or, it was just re-released on LP somewhat recently I believe, and I'm sure that one probably sounds great as well, so that's not a bad option, either.
 
The set 'Solo Concerts' is great as well, same rough time period.  I have a used LP copy, but unfortunately it's kind of beat up.  Decent for casual listening but I could really use an upgrade. 
 
     Share This Post       
post-9317290
Post #5,584 of 6,671

skimminst

Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 12, 2012
Messages
71
Reaction score
14
Joined
Apr 12, 2012
Posts
71
Likes
14
Reading amazon comments by other buyers may be not useful every time but yesterday it kept me from spending €30 on Sol Gabetta's Vivaldi Concertos: I got this nice €12 CD:
Ofra Harnoy - Plays Vivaldi

and some nice world music from africa:
Dimanche a Bamako by Amadou and Mariam
 
     Share This Post       
post-9317360
Post #5,585 of 6,671

BLACKENEDPLAGUE

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 15, 2011
Messages
1,366
Reaction score
53
Joined
Jun 15, 2011
Posts
1,366
Likes
53

 
Haven't listened to it and the collector in me refuses to open the LP. Gonna have to wait for........ hue
 
     Share This Post       
post-9319239
Post #5,586 of 6,671

skimminst

Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 12, 2012
Messages
71
Reaction score
14
Joined
Apr 12, 2012
Posts
71
Likes
14
...on the run for much more:
  Dig Your Own Hole - Chemical Brothers
 
RIO - Till Brönner
 
Graceland - Paul Simon
 
A Taste Of Soul Bossa - Soul Bossa Trio
 
Great Crossover Potential - Sugar Cubes
 
     Share This Post       
post-9319499
Post #5,587 of 6,671

C38368

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
870
Reaction score
11
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Posts
870
Likes
11
[Finsterforst] - Rastlos
[In Extremo] - Weckt die Toten!
[Korpiklaani] - Manala
[Midnattsol] - The Metamorphosis Melody
[Moonsorrow] - Varjoina kuljemme kuolleiden maassa
[Wintersun] - Time I
 
     Share This Post       
post-9321551
Post #5,589 of 6,671

MorbidToaster

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 23, 2010
Messages
13,282
Reaction score
296
Joined
Apr 23, 2010
Posts
13,282
Likes
296

 
Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud (Sticker said it was colored vinyl but it was black inside :frowning2: )
RHCP - Blood Sugar Sex Magick (Original Master Recording Recut)
Pallbearer - Sorrow & Extinction
Ascend - Ample Fire Within (Southern Lord strikes again, Clear vinyl)
David Bowie - The Next Day (Wife put it on as soon as we got home)
 
Vinyl happy hour means 10% at our local shop. So we saved 10%. :D
 
     Share This Post       
post-9321597
Post #5,590 of 6,671

BLACKENEDPLAGUE

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 15, 2011
Messages
1,366
Reaction score
53
Joined
Jun 15, 2011
Posts
1,366
Likes
53
Quote:
 
Ascend - Ample Fire Within (Southern Lord strikes again, Clear vinyl)
 
 
Vinyl happy hour means 10% at our local shop. So we saved 10%. :D
 
Oh holy hell.......
 
     Share This Post       
post-9321607
Post #5,591 of 6,671

MorbidToaster

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 23, 2010
Messages
13,282
Reaction score
296
Joined
Apr 23, 2010
Posts
13,282
Likes
296
The best part was I made a joke about some other Southern Lord LP being there to force me to spend money again on the way to the record store.
 
...and then it happened.
 
Quote:
 
Oh holy hell.......
 
     Share This Post       
post-9321646
Post #5,592 of 6,671

Bee inthe Attic

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 29, 2011
Messages
531
Reaction score
18
Joined
Sep 29, 2011
Posts
531
Likes
18
Quote:

 
Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud (Sticker said it was colored vinyl but it was black inside :frowning2: )
RHCP - Blood Sugar Sex Magick (Original Master Recording Recut)
Pallbearer - Sorrow & Extinction
Ascend - Ample Fire Within (Southern Lord strikes again, Clear vinyl)
David Bowie - The Next Day (Wife put it on as soon as we got home)
 
Vinyl happy hour means 10% at our local shop. So we saved 10%. :D

how's the new Bowie??
 
I also have that Blood Sugar Sex Magik album (not the original master though).... my fav chilli pepper album, and top 5 album from the 90's.
(I bought a bunch of LP's this past weekend; I'll post a pic after my phone is done charging :)
 
     Share This Post       
post-9321662
Post #5,593 of 6,671

MorbidToaster

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 23, 2010
Messages
13,282
Reaction score
296
Joined
Apr 23, 2010
Posts
13,282
Likes
296
If you bought it really recently it probably is the original master. They reissued it for RSD last year on red and then cut it to black again.
 
The new Bowie is pretty good. There's a few stand out tracks for me but I liked some of his more recent stuff more, like Heathen.
 
Quote:
how's the new Bowie??
 
I also have that Blood Sugar Sex Magik album (not the original master though).... my fav chilli pepper album, and top 5 album from the 90's.
(I bought a bunch of LP's this past weekend; I'll post a pic after my phone is done charging :)
 
     Share This Post       
post-9321806
Post #5,594 of 6,671

Bee inthe Attic

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 29, 2011
Messages
531
Reaction score
18
Joined
Sep 29, 2011
Posts
531
Likes
18
Bought the chilli's LP within the last 6 months, I think (memory is suddenly failing me; could have purchased it a couple months ago even).
The label reads: produced by Rick Rubin, engineered by Brendan O'brein, C 1991 Warner Bros Records Inc, Manufactured in the Netherlands.
The back of the album cover lists a 2011 & 1991 copyright.
 
So no idea how new/old this double LP is. I don't know what RSD is, and don't see those letters printed anywhere. Hmmmm. Thoughts?
 
     Share This Post       
post-9321832
Post #5,595 of 6,671

MorbidToaster

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 23, 2010
Messages
13,282
Reaction score
296
Joined
Apr 23, 2010
Posts
13,282
Likes
296
RSD is Record Store Day.
 
They pressed it on red vinyl for Record Store Day.
 
http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/index.php?search_artist=red+hot+chili+peppers&search_album=blood+sugar
 
There's your 2011 vinyl cut. Honestly, the only version of this album that was bad is that Japanese WB CD.
 
It hasn't been remastered a million time because it hasn't really needed it. Honestly I hope it never gets remastered. The original is pretty much perfect.
 
Quote:
Bought the chilli's LP within the last 6 months, I think (memory is suddenly failing me; could have purchased it a couple months ago even).
The label reads: produced by Rick Rubin, engineered by Brendan O'brein, C 1991 Warner Bros Records Inc, Manufactured in the Netherlands.
The back of the album cover lists a 2011 & 1991 copyright.
 
So no idea how new/old this double LP is. I don't know what RSD is, and don't see those letters printed anywhere. Hmmmm. Thoughts?
 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top