Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Oct 19, 2005 at 2:42 AM Post #1,247 of 6,671
Two weeks later I return to this thread to discover:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leto Atreides II
I own a few KMFDM CDs. Nihil was my first CD purchase. How did I get introduced to them? As a kid, I saw the Mortal Kombat movie, and when it came out on video I paused the tape so I could write down the soundtrack artists. KMFDM was the first one I found in a record store, and I've been listening to elecronic music ever since.

Funny you should mention that... I've never seen the Mortal Kombat movie, but I've somehow known Juke Joint Jezebel since forever, and only recently (whenever I bought [Nihil]) did I realise that it was KMFDM, despite the fact that I've at least known of them for as long as I can remember, too.

Anyhows, I haven't got five new CDs yet, just four. And guess what? Two of them are KFMDM albums (go figure)
rs1smile.gif

KMFDM - [Agogo] (it'll have to hold me until I can find [Naïve] and [More and Faster])
KMFDM - [Vogue] (the other insert makes for better marketing...)
Dead Can Dance - [A Passage In Time]
HorrorPops - [Bring It On!]

I think I smell another round of buying coming on in the next couple of weeks, though...

Oct 20, 2005 at 2:41 PM Post #1,248 of 6,671
well most of these are Re-buys.. GRRR

but

Reef The lost Cauze - Feast or Famine
Sound Directions - Funky Side Of Life
MF DOOM - mm Food
Necro,ill bill,Goretex, Hyde - Circle of Tyrants
Sadat X - Expierence, Education

Oct 21, 2005 at 4:06 AM Post #1,251 of 6,671
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
Portishead - Glory Times EP

How is this? I consider myself to be a pretty hardcore Portishead fan, and have been planning on picking it up for some time now.

And where did you find was the best place to get it? Amazon's price is a little higher than I am used to paying for CDs.

Oct 21, 2005 at 4:14 AM Post #1,252 of 6,671
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual
How is this? I consider myself to be a pretty hardcore Portishead fan, and have been planning on picking it up for some time now.

And where did you find was the best place to get it? Amazon's price is a little higher than I am used to paying for CDs.

The remixes are really interesting and several of them are excellent. Sheared Times, Scorn, and Airbas Reconstruction are my favorites. But really, if you love Portishead you KNOW you've gotta have this set of tracks.

I found my copy locally at a used shop, but a quick search on eBay turned this one up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4782446622

Not a bad deal at all, especially considering Amazon's price.

Oct 21, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #1,253 of 6,671
hmmm...
Portishead-Portishead(soooo good and underated)
The Mars Volta-De-loused in the Comatorium
Dredg-El-Cielo
Omid-Monolith(killer hip-hop instrumental)
Philip Glass-The Hours Soundtrack(beautiful)

Oct 21, 2005 at 4:56 AM Post #1,254 of 6,671
Got back in touch with some favorite albums from high school. A bunch of "Why the hell don't I own this, anyway?" purchases..

Moby - Play (sadly, they apparently repressed it with the Gwen Stefani version of southside. Suck)
Nirvana - Unplugged in New York
Radiohead - The Bends
Crash Test Dummies - God Shuffled His Feet and A Worm's Life (what is up with them? They haven't made any good albums recently. Made a couple of bad ones though.)
Andre Ethier with Christopher Sandes featuring Pickles and Price. More recent. I heard a track off this album at pitchfork media over a year ago, and decided I just had to have it when I was on amazon last week.

Another album I'm digging on (a friend gave me a copy) is Murder by Death - Like the Exorcist but More Breakdancing

Good find on the Portishead. I digs me some Portishead.

Oct 21, 2005 at 5:44 AM Post #1,255 of 6,671
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
The remixes are really interesting and several of them are excellent. Sheared Times, Scorn, and Airbas Reconstruction are my favorites. But really, if you love Portishead you KNOW you've gotta have this set of tracks.

I found my copy locally at a used shop, but a quick search on eBay turned this one up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4782446622

Not a bad deal at all, especially considering Amazon's price.

Thanks for the recommendation. I just ordered it using your link.

Was it the best decision? Maybe. But impulses can be fun. Can't wait to hear the remixes (and admire my complete Portishead collection. Although I still do not own all the singles).

Oct 22, 2005 at 10:14 AM Post #1,256 of 6,671
Aztec Camera - Frestonia (now all I need is "Dreamland")
Tracy Chapman - Where You Live (5 years!)
Paul Weller - Stanley Road [Deluxe Edition 2005] (2 CD's + 1 DVD)
Paul Weller - As Is Now (Japan CD w/2 extra tracks)
Klaus Nomi - The Essential Klaus Nomi (well, finally...)

Oct 22, 2005 at 3:42 PM Post #1,257 of 6,671
Quote:

Originally Posted by locality
Aztec Camera - Frestonia (now all I need is "Dreamland")

I was kinda interested in picking up "Stray" on impulse a couple of weeks ago. What Aztec Camera do you recommend?

Nov 4, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #1,258 of 6,671
"Feels" - Animal Collective
"You Forgot It In People" - Broken Social Scene
"Broken Social Scene [Windsurfing Nation] - Limited Edition" - Broken Social Scene
"Cinder" - Dirty Three
"You Could Have It So Much Better" - Franz Ferdinand
"Working Class Hero - The Definitive Lennon" - John Lennon
"Curtain Hits The Cast" - Low
"Z" - My Morning Jacket
"Apologies To The Queen Mary" - Wolf Parade
"Prairie Wind - Special Edition" - Neil Young

Nov 4, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #1,259 of 6,671
Local Hero Soundtrack - Mark Knopfler
The Princess Bride Soundtrack - Mark Knopfler
Sunday 8 PM (2 CDSpecial Edition) - Faithless
Rhythm and Stealth - Leftfield
This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours - Manic Street Preachers
Forever Delayed (2 CD Special Edition) - Manic Street Preachers
Outrospective - Faithless
No Roots - Faithless
Highway 61 Revisited - Bob Dylan

All second hand off amazon marketplace of a total of $55

(I can't be bothered with bidding on Ebay for cd's -auctions suck for small items)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back